I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER. ROLL UP, ROLL UP ALL OWNERS OF WHITE TAILED BEASTS!

Mongoose11

Visit site
Ok, so long story short....

Mare squashes arse up against wall to poo - always. Have to clip around dock regularly and attempt to keep area clean. Tail ALWAYS been yellow/tinged with yellow. Tried everything.

The answer is here

http://www.shireoil.com/Shop/Sundries/Soft-Soap

Two goes with this (rinses very, very quickly) and one go with a bit of blue rinse = the whitest tail I have ever seen on my girl. Today it is sparkling at me from the paddock.

I have used it all, CB magic, dirty beastie, blue rinse, fairy, Alberto balsam. You name it.

This stuff comes in a big tub and you scoop a lump out (bit like hard Vaseline) and lather it up.

My life is complete.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
worthless_thread_wo_pics-1.gif

Yet you show us no before and after?! :mad: :D

I am one of those owners who needs cleaning tips!

Mongoose11

Visit site
Rabid women, I was useless a putting pics on when I had a laptop, I fear it is impossible with an Ipad :( I didn't take a before photo either :(

Trust me, it's amazing. I now see that one day we will go to a show! It wasn't possible before!

Mongoose11

Visit site
Ohhh haven't had a go on whole body yet as she is remarkably clean due to wearing a UV rug to protect ridiculous pinkness. Works on legs so why not!

RutlandH2O

Visit site
The funny thing about the Soft Soap is that it is used by Shire and Clydie folks to 'soap' young stock for the show ring. When I say 'soap' I mean the product is rubbed onto the coat and, for lack of a better word, roughed up to make the coat very textured, as opposed to lying flat and shiny. There is an art to doing it properly. I have a neighbour who has a brother in Canada. He has a Clydie and was trying to find a supplier of soft soap. My neighbour came over and asked if I could get her some 'curly soap' for her to take with her to Canada on her next visit. We had a good laugh about her terminology. I wonder how many people in the aforementioned breeds actually use the soap to clean their horses? Well done, OP!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Rabid women, I was useless a putting pics on when I had a laptop, I fear it is impossible with an Ipad :( I didn't take a before photo either :(

Rabid?! :eek:

On the iPad, use photobucket, just go to your normal account and it is super simple. If you take pics with your phone, tap the pic and you will get two arrows pointing left and right. This is the share option and on an android/smart phone, it offers you the opportunity to share your photo to Facebook or photobucket.

Photobucket is stored in the Productivity area on my iPad.

Mongoose11

Visit site
I can't quite remember because I bought is before Winter and then it was too cold for washing. I recall it being 10-12 pounds ish. Can't have been anymore because I wouldn't have paid it :)

Janette

Visit site
I can vouch for the efficacy of soft soap at removing the stains. I was recommended it by the yard owners who bred Shires, and it brought Star's tail up blingy white.

zigzag

Visit site
I was skimming the threads and saw the title and thought won't bother, then realize oh ****, I know own a white pony :p so thank you!

Mongoose11

Visit site
PMP I think this stuff is fairly exclusive to this small company. They had a teeny tiny wedge of a stand at HOYS. I think you would have to ring them. I am going to this week and create a stock pile, I genuinely can't bear the thought of going forward in life with my white tailed mare and none of this life changing product available :) I am going to bet on this tub lasting a year and work on that basis :)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Is the company not in this country?

Answer to enquiry:

To send out a Soft Soap in the UK would be £16 plus carriage at £10 plus v.a.t. would be £31.20 We would need your delivery address and we do accept payment by card.

Mongoose11

Visit site
Wowsers! The company is in this country, I guess it is related to the weight of the item? To be honest now I know how good it is I would pay it :)

When I got to the yard today I even swooshed her tail in my face and pretended I was in some kind of Loreal advert, I can't get over how clean it is. THREE years of scrubbing and trialling products.. THREE years Ct!

Perhaps ask them what shows they are at this year?

CalllyH

Visit site
Maybe I shouldn't say this but they sell it at one of my local tack shops! However as it comes in large amounts I think it would be just as much for me to post it out to you guys as they are quoting. :(

smallgirl

Visit site
I may be wrong but I think I saw soft soap in my local m&s the other day........... May go back for a look

RutlandH2O

Visit site
BTW, Matthew Burks is a heavy horse person, so the soap he will be selling should be just the ticket.