I have had a fantastic birthday day just had to share

Pidge

Visit site
Me and Pidge, Chris (sis) and Sunny, Klare (Mooch) and Milly, and Jo and Oz went to Somerford Park today to go round the farm ride. As my new jump saddle is just being finished off I decided to go round in my dressage saddle
crazy.gif
not quite sure if it was wise or not but hey ho!
Well after a couple of run outs Pidge soon twigged that this saddle didn't hurt his back and there was no stopping him or me. We jumped far more than we ever had before and bigger as well
smile.gif
Ok so we had a wobble with one in the woods and my weak left leg let me down on another but overall we have had a fantastic day and I even jumped one of my bogey fences (blue wood with 1/2 tyres on top) first time no problems
smile.gif
Just after that there are two steeplechase fences that I've only ever jumped one before with a lead as they are 3'. Well Jo popped over these and I just thought oh sod it lets go so let Pidge go and we popped both really nicely, I don't think I've ever grinned so much before in my life
smile.gif

Sis and Sunny jumped loads and had a fab time and Jo with Oz had a really good time as she's XC schooled before but not been round the farm ride. And as for Mooch well she got Milly through the stream on several occassions which is a huge achievement as Milly so doesn't do water and I'll post the picture when I get it off my phone
grin.gif

So just got home absolutely pooped and shattered but grinning like a cheshire cat and boy what a way to spend mine and sis's birthday (we're identical twins
grin.gif
)

WeeBrown

Visit site
Happy birthday first of all. That does sound like a lovely brithday, no wonder you are smiling, and even though I don't get jealous it has made me want to add Somerford park to my 'to do' list this year
smile.gif
Can't wait to see your pics, the fences sound amazing and you so brave - to think you didn't do much jumping until last year (well thik it was last year, time seems to be flying recently). Glad your sis seems to have had a good one too.

dwi

Visit site
As soon as I can find a nice, reasonably priced 3.5 ton to go and have a look at within a decent driving distance. They all seem to be in South Wales
frown.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thank you
grin.gif
Hey if you've not been to Somerford then go for it, well worth it IMO
grin.gif

the fences range between 2'-3' so are ideal for me as I'm chicken at jumping
tongue.gif
but getting better as Pidge loves it
grin.gif

No your right it was only last year as we had one spin out at Somerford then Pidge had his hock spavin beginning of May and didn't get the go ahead to jump again till the August, but we crammed a fair bit in after that
grin.gif

Oh everyone had a fab time and achieved a few things too
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thanks Lisa
grin.gif
although cloudy we managed to avoid the rain
grin.gif
definately have to come next time as Pidge's affections were going in the direction of Milly
shocked.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thanks, am getting old so spending the evening in doing washing and watching tele and on here of course, boy what an exciting social life I lead
smirk.gif
am going for a balti tomorrow night with the crew as its quieter than a Sunday - god now I sound really old
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thanks Jo, am so pleased with how Pidge went today and me to that matter as if you'd said I'd be jumping a 3' double of fences I'd been "no way your having a laugh" and then to do them in a dressage saddle, well you can see why I'm grinning, and my boy felt so good and full of it I just love him
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
thanks, could think of nothing better to do on my birthday in fact! How are you and pony? Getting addicted to here yet
grin.gif

mariond

Visit site
A very happy birthday to you and your twin. Just had a look at the web-site and it looks fab. Nice to hear of him jumping so well after his spavin problems last year. Well done for jumping that height don't think I would have the nerve !

Pidge

Visit site
takes us about an hour going on the motorway, and its just the winter ride open at the moment, but IMO well worth going there and its only £14 to go round. The summer ride is better and should be open around April time weather permitting, I can't wait
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Aw thank you
grin.gif
It is really good well worth the travel there
grin.gif
Am chuffed to bits with how he is feeling and touch wood his leg is pretty good too
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
I missed this thread last night Sue.

Happy belated birthday to you and Chris. Sounds like you all had a lovely day. Well done to you all.