I haven't got a new horse. No, [i]seriously[/i], I haven't.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm aware of rumours circulating that I have a new horse. I'm sorry if it disappoints anyone to debunk that, but I don't. I'm not even looking. I'm enjoying being without one and not missing riding at all. I haven't got a clue where anyone got the idea that I have bought another, but rest assured that in my usual fashion, HHO would know if I was even thinking of looking. I'm not.

pistolpete

Visit site
I hadn’t heard the rumours but pleased you’re ok with not owning as am I at the moment after your turbulent times. It takes it out of you losing them and all the responsibility. Enjoy the freedom! Any plans to ride at all? I love my share ponies and riding holidays.

ycbm

Visit site
Not heard anything but not good if people are making things up

Glad you're enjoying the horse free lifestyle, I'm 2 years given up now and still don't miss it

I don't understand where it could possibly have come from but my sources, who I'm obviously not going to name, are reliable people. I have not asked them, and don't know, who told them.

I'm not missing it at all. If I do start to miss it I've given myself a rule of not before 2025. But I don't think it will even come to that. I'm off to Prague today, one of three holidays in the last 4 months, and I still have money left over from what I was paying in livery (never mind the vet fees!).

Last edited:

dorsetladette

Visit site
I don't understand where it could possibly have come from but my sources, who I'm obviously not going to name, are reliable people.

I'm not missing it at all. If I do start to miss it I've given myself a rule of not before 2025. But I don't think it will even come to that. I'm off to Prague today, one of three holidays in the last 4 months, and I still have money left over from what I was paying in livery (never mind the vet fees!).

yes holidays! Those mythical things we horse owners only ever dream of.

I'm really behind the times YCBM as I didn't even know you were without a horse - last I knew you had moved to the new yard with all the lovely facilities.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I'm aware of rumours circulating that I have a new horse. I'm sorry if it disappoints anyone to debunk that, but I don't. I'm not even looking. I'm enjoying being without one and not missing riding at all. I haven't got a clue where anyone got the idea that I have bought another, but rest assured that in my usual fashion, HHO would know if I was even thinking of looking. I'm not.
Sorry, I have to laugh. Rumour mills are just bizarre! I can better this though. When I got together with my OH 20 years ago, some arse spread the rumour that we were into dogging! I mean, WTF??

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I don't understand where it could possibly have come from but my sources, who I'm obviously not going to name, are reliable people.

hmmmm........obviously completely your prerogative to trust your sources but if your sources are the same pm'ers that have told me some pretty weird, untrue, unsolicited and inflammatory stuff in the past I would not be too quick to trust they are good reliable sources! Could it possibly be that they are merely forum sh**e stirrers as one or two of mine turned out to be. Some people do have a very strange way of entertaining themselves on the forum. 🤔 😉

Rowreach

👀
Visit site

I sold my last horse in January 2018, didn't ride again till 2020 and then bought my current one (who will be my last). I don't regret the time off, and I didn't really expect to want to buy another, and probably if it wasn't that I stumbled upon a particularly special one, I doubt I'd be riding now. It'll happen if it's meant to. Or not!

I'm Dun

Visit site
hmmmm........obviously completely your prerogative to trust your sources but if your sources are the same pm'ers that have told me some pretty weird, untrue, unsolicited and inflammatory stuff in the past I would not be too quick to trust they are good reliable sources! Could it possibly be that they are merely forum sh**e stirrers as one or two of mine turned out to be. Some people do have a very strange way of entertaining themselves on the forum. 🤔 😉

You arent the only one who has had this go on, I think the main offender has left now, but by god did she put an enormous amount of effort in with her PMs to pretty much everyone, stirring, outright lying and trying to cause as much drama as possible but all behind the scenes. Her story changed depending on who she was speaking to and what outcome she wanted. Always very nice and flattering to start with to get you on side, before moving on to the trouble causing, by which point you thought she was a lovely person so must have a point. She caused me an enormous amount of hurt and upset when I was so incredibly vulnerable, fleeing domestic violence, lost my lovely old dog and was about ready to throw the towel in with life, and then she did it again a few months back, but I was one of the "lucky" ones who at least knew what she was and what she was doing the second time around, so I wasn't left thinking I was going mad. I knew exactly what had happened.

There are people here whose public persona is nothing like who they really are. They hide it very, very well.

Edited to add, it was all sunshine and roses until I started questioning some of the stuff and disengaged, and then I was turned on. Funny that!

ycbm

Visit site
Sorry what! I almost feel like this needs rewinding (a lot)
People pm each other to be horrible? Like online bullying on an adult forum?
Really? 😢
Is this a someone we all know?
Is it the same person known for it?

Just think of it like being in a school playground and you won't go far wrong 🤣

Leah3horses

Visit site
I honestly think I'd not miss it either really. Its not something i get a lot of enjoyment out of anymore, more often stressful then not.
I think I'd quite like to keep a little pony or two (obviously 2!) but I'm almost a bit jealous!
I recently finally parted with my big boy , after having big horses for nearly 50 years,and a recent hip replacement at 53, I finally realised I'd been exhausted,stressed,skint,unable to enjoy my life due to time, energy, health and money constraints for years,and most importantly of all...I wasn't doing what was best for my beloved horse. Broke my heart and I miss him terribly, but have had my 2 rescue minis for over 20 years,so grateful for them. Life is definitely a lot,lot easier not having big horses, and the big bills that go with them. Mini ponies are the best therapy.