I just bought my first cob! Introduction + feed advice + photos!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Head-collaring and grooming went well for my builder.

Next week is how to walk out in-hand.

My builder is giddy at the prospect, there is a real bromance going on there. Not so much this morning with my partner and BH. He tried to feed a mint, but the electric was on and both got a shock 🫣 BH hasn't forgiven him 🤣

Rigs could do with being exercised more and, although he is 100% on the school with any rider, he isn't 100% in traffic so can't have a novice. A lead out down the side road would be good for him though.

Red-1

Visit site
An unexpected turn for Rigsby today.

Yesterday, my partner had a ride on BH. BH is relatively young and inexperienced, yet I thought Rigs would be too small. He was actually very good but is very bouncy at trot for a novice.

Today, I hacked out on Rigs and, when I came back to the yard, I decided a 10 minute sit wouldn't hurt a 15.1hh cob! Rigs is so much more experienced and is also very smooth.

It went well. Only his second ever time on a horse, but he got the emergency stop and also a rising trot.

435921033_958328925870995_4357348560883876834_n.jpg

Rigs was well rewarded LOL. The fields have been to wet but, today, one is dry enough so he had an hour. It doesn't seem to have tired him out, being a schoolmaster!

Rigs has a new lease of life!

Red-1

Visit site
Rigs looks fabulous and so does your land!!
Rigs has been doing ride and lead through winter, with the odd ride out under saddle too. The land has been untouched since autumn: the lawn is still too wet to lead them across, we had to go right around a circuitous route to access the field!

It has tipped it down again overnight, so the fields will likely be off limits again. Happily, we have 2 all weather turnout areas.