I know my place now... Weekend plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not neglecting my duties this week ;)

What are we all up to?

I have 3 trips to Summerhouse in 3 days planned. Just the way it worked out :D

Saturday: supporting friend at a show (Salty will do a light session in the school and Kira is hacking)

Sunday: Salty has arena hire :eek3: not sure if she's ready for the full on white board experience but she's been so good at our quiet hire venues that I thought it was time to find out.

Monday: Kira has test riding clinic ahead of regionals in a couple of weeks.

Have fun all, the forecast here is brighter, at least - hope we all have a bit of respite from the grotty weather :)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
:D

I was debating starting it ;), we have another clinic on Sunday! Now I was 'suppose' to be taking Skylla with the idea of alternating them but Topaz is on such a roll I think I'm going to take her :eek:...

Hope Salty carries on her good egg streak, and come on Kira there is time for one of us to place at regionals :D, what level are you doing with her?

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I have plans almost every day except the weekend now the poorly trailer is now fixed, serviced and ready to go! Tonight doing evening clear round at our bogey venue, hoping the chance to do as many rounds as it takes to build his confidence might help. Tomorrow have a polework rally. Was going to hunt on Saturday, but decided it would be more beneficial to spend the weekend revising for exams so I can have some lessons/arena hire/general trips out next week.

Good luck MP, I hope Salty behaves herself!

Mrs B

Visit site
I always read this and think: 'One day I'll join you!' ... haven't been out on a jaunt or even had a lesson for nearly 3 years now :(
Still. I like to read what the rest of you are up to!
Have a lovely, sunny weekend, all :)

{97702}

Visit site
We have a flatwork lesson tomorrow evening - hopefully with a focus on engaging his back end and getting him to push from behind, hint hint Milliepops :D :D :D

And on Saturday I have a clinic with Marie Ryan - SJ course riding. Really looking forward to that one as it is advice we desperately need.

I've got Monday off work just because I felt like it, so really hoping the weather is kind and we can go for a nice hack on Sunday or Monday after his exertions

Dusty M Yeti

Visit site
I have arena eventing on Sunday on maternity-cover mare, our first competition together and her first since Sept last year (when the owner found out she was expecting).

Have just got my times and they're not too bad, middle of the day with enough time between dressage and jumping to learn the two jumping courses :D

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I always read this and think: 'One day I'll join you!' ... haven't been out on a jaunt or even had a lesson for nearly 3 years now :(
Still. I like to read what the rest of you are up to!
Have a lovely, sunny weekend, all :)

I'm the same Mrs B!! Wish I could just decide take my horse show jumping or out hunting this weekend however he is really not up to it now :-(
Maybe we will go on a little hack that's about as exciting as my weekend gets at the moment :D

But also love hearing what everyone's up to and getting slightly envious haha

milliepops

Visit site
:D

I was debating starting it ;), we have another clinic on Sunday! Now I was 'suppose' to be taking Skylla with the idea of alternating them but Topaz is on such a roll I think I'm going to take her :eek:...

Hope Salty carries on her good egg streak, and come on Kira there is time for one of us to place at regionals :D, what level are you doing with her?

Hehe I was thinking of taking Salty for a lesson with Adam but he basically told me not to bother because Kira was doing well :p So totally understand the thinking there.

Kira's doing the medium too. I think we will aspire to the usual middle of the road test, collect our plaque and shuffle off home :p Regionals in Gloucestershire are usually filled with dressage royalty :D Prob do M + AM at summers.

monte1

Visit site
We are going Cross Country Schooling on Sunday at a local venue, which I am really looking forward to with the aim of getting horse nicely forward, off my leg - taking me to the fences happily cantering away from the other horses in the group, in preparation for eventing in the spring (i hope!)

Saturday, possibly plan to hire an arena locally as the following Saturday we are riding two (eeek !!) dressage tests for our riding club and I could really do with running through them on a surface.

good luck to everyone out competing and hope the rain/ice /snow stays away!

[59668]

Visit site
Good luck all.

It's my birthday on Sat, so we aren't travelling this weekend. I gave notice to my yard owner and best friend this week that I am moving yards, which has been taken very badly, so I will be mostly hoping that I can sit down with her and have a cup of tea, and not lose my best friend.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Good luck to everyone competing & hope everyone has a fun weekend that isn't rained or snowed off ...!

Friday night I've got an un-mounted Equi Pilates 1:1 session.

Saturday if the weather stays nice I'm hoping to go on a 10 mile hack. Hacking around a lot of lakes is a bit grim in the rain though, so if the weather's not good we'll just go on a shorter hack.

Sunday we have a polework clinic :)

mavandkaz

Visit site
quiet one for us.
jumping lesson tomorrow. will be the deciding factor in whether I step up a height at jumping comp next week or not.
then probably just hacking over the weekend, if the ground dries out enough

Fiona

Visit site
My son and I have a dressage comp on Saturday, and then we have a polework lesson booked through RC on Tuesday evening.

He only had his new pony for 5 weeks, so they are still getting to know each other...

Fiona

timbobs

Visit site
I've had flu for the past two weeks so nothing exciting has been happening.

Got our first lesson in over 6 months after Ed broke a splint bone. He's just starting trot work so want some guidance on gentle exercises to build him up now we're starting to go in the school. If I can stop coughing long enough to trot for more than 10 strides it should be good!

SEL

Visit site
Good luck all.

It's my birthday on Sat, so we aren't travelling this weekend. I gave notice to my yard owner and best friend this week that I am moving yards, which has been taken very badly, so I will be mostly hoping that I can sit down with her and have a cup of tea, and not lose my best friend.

Always a hard one. Even when I moved yards for a work related relocation I had a couple of friends who didn't take it well. Cake will probably go down well with the tea!

SEL

Visit site
All depends on how sound the mare is tomorrow - her muscles are not liking this weather. If she's sound enough then we're off to a polework clinic. The lady who runs it knows she struggles and will be fine if she's a bit creaky to start, but the venue is an eventing yard and there were a few sideways looks last time.

On Sunday I'm going to try and persuade my OH to put on his high viz and walk down the A road with us. Its the only route to the bridlepaths and if I'm to get her hacking this year then we need to face the traffic.

Nice to see some sunshine today - fingers crossed it stays for the weekend!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Glad you've finally accepted it MP :D

Good luck to all those out competing and trying out new things - hope the weather is more pleasant this weekend.

Not really sure what I'm doing yet. I'm going to box up and go somewhere a bit different to hack, but I'm not quite sure where yet

Alibear

Visit site
Ranch riding clinic on Saturday but after a great couple off weeks we're now back to being a bit nappy so not so hopefully for it now. Plus this is the venue where it took 2 hours to load her to come home last time. We've practised a lot since then and she's been fine but I really hope we don't end up stuck there. I think the problem is she used to live there, problem is its the best local place to go for what we do.

Four Seasons

Visit site
I'm moving stables in two/three weeks, so going to have a chat with the new yard owner tomorrow, check out which stables I'm getting. Going to lunge my loonies, they haven't been worked all week, so are probably on the verge of take-off. Hopefully get some good training sessions in this weekend before returning to hell next week (bad situation with the boss). Just going to have some quality time with my horses and forget all the stress, clear my head.

Good luck to everyone competing! Hope the weather stays nice for everyone too..

blood_magik

Visit site
We’re off jumping on Saturday - haven’t been out since September :eek:

Dad’s away so I have four (possibly five if SuperGroom doesn’t have time to do Henry) to ride for the next ten days, plus I have loads on.

Friday - I’m supposed to be picking up a friend and her horse so they can come and use the indoor, and I’ve asked her to video Raz running through M63 while she’s here. Blue and T will be doing suppling/straightness work and then Beau needs to have a jump to work off some energy before Saturday.

Saturday - early start as I want to get the beds done before we leave. Plan is to do a small class to ease back in, then it will be back home to work the others.

Sunday - lunging day as I won’t have time to ride before I have to take my mum to the ferry.

Monday - Andrew Gould clinic with Raz. Day off for everyone else

Tuesday - Andrew Gould clinic with Raz, then I need to set up for lessons at home in the evening.

Good luck to everyone out competing :)

NZJenny

Visit site
We are going pole dancing tomorrow morning. Sunday is looking hot, hot, hot - so thinking an early morning hack under the trees then taking myself off to the beach.

_EVS_

Visit site
New horsebox shopping for me - seems to be the most painful process ever!! Why do sellers treat you like such an inconvenience! Desperate to get new wheels sorted though, missing so many shows!!! :-(

coss

Visit site
Dressage writing and work for me - hopefully there will be a lack of ice and wind that just knocks you off your feet so I can get ponies ridden too!

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck with all your comps and lessons folks.

Today is the first day I've actually felt a bit normal due to flu, it will be my first ride in over a week so looking forward to that.

I had a jumping lesson booked for Sunday but I don't think I'm really up to it so will either cancel or change to flatwork lesson, maybe run through my dressage test for our first dressage show next weekend. It's only an intro but still...

I have set myself a goal of doing a ODE at the end of April and the horse has lost a lot of fitness over winter so we are starting our fitness plan now

ihatework

Visit site
We went to Summerhouse BD today for our first competition and it was, well, ahem, ‘interesting’!! :D

They had to put on an extra arena because there were so many entries and I was third on in a class starting at 8. Groan.

Things started well in the warm up. But gradually deteriorated. First someone in front of us got bucked off and the horse headed straight for us. For a split second I thought my fate might be similar but thankfully we just froze to the spot. The other horse came over, I caught it off giant and then peace was momentarily restored.

That is until his stablemate, a rather beautiful mare, entered the warm up. He was besides himself calling, half napping to her and just generally being a tense knobber.

The test was as expected after that ... just a fire fighting exercise. But to give him his due he didn’t totally loose the plot and kind of did each move where it was supposed to be! Bless him. He will be going out again next weekend that’s for sure, but hopefully minus his bestie

milliepops

Visit site
Baptism of fire going to Summerhouse today :D :D The unaff tomorrow looks similarly rammed, quite glad I'm only going as groom and cameraman :p

Well survived!