I lose my boy today

ozpoz

Visit site
I'm so sorry. The ones you fight for are the hardest to lose. How lovely for him to have ended up with you though. x

Tinsel Town

Visit site
awww brought a tear to my eye. You have done the very best for him, and he is lucky you found him.
may he run free and rest in peace

horsebenny

Visit site
So sorry to hear this but happy to hear that you gave him such a wonderful life and he gave you so much in return. Remember and value those times, they will be such a comfort in the future...

Bearsmum

Visit site
Hugs heading your way, it sounds though like he was one very lucky boy to have crossed your path and had it not been for you... well let's not got there.

RIP big fella.

JDx

olop

Visit site
So sorry :( one of the hardest things to do :( :(
Rip he sounded like a lovely lad xxxx big hugs to you xx

indie999

Visit site
So sorry, you had faith in him and he was a lucky boy to have found you. Big hug and to your dad toox Run free with the othersx

SadKen

Visit site
Sid was a gift to you, and you to him. You've both made each others lives better, and that's a rare privilege. I also would love to see a pic as he sounds very special. My thoughts are with you. Hope he will be there to carry you across the bridge one day.

starryeyed

Visit site
I'm so sorry, it's the most horrible decision to make. :( He was a very lucky boy to have found you & sounded like such a superstar. Sending massive hugs your way, thinking of you. Rest in peace beautiful boy xx

Tiffany

Visit site
What a sad day for you but you'll have lovely memories, you gave him 6 happy years and vice versa plus you did the best for him right to the end.

Run free big fella.

JFTDWS

Visit site
It sounds like you've given him a great life - which he really may well not have had the chance to live without you, given the circumstances in which you got him. Take comfort in that and focus on all your happy memories.

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Thank you all for this. We went away the day after Sid went over the bridge which was a blessing.
I swear he knew and made sure we were there when he went.
He gave me the biggest neck cuddles on the Friday morning and if I shut my eyes I can still smell him and feel him there. He stood like a rock whilst I sobbed all over his neck and then when I finally walked away gave me a little dig in the back as I left. Walking away was the hardest thing I have ever ever done.
Hubby was with him at the end and the sun came out to see him off. I wrote about it briefly in Hovis diary entry last week.

He was a gorgeous boy whom we never should have bought but was somehow destined to be a part of our lives. He'd been on borrowed time for a long time but I take great comfort that I kept my promise to look after him to the end.
RIP Sid, you beautiful black ******. See you again some day xx

Superhot

Visit site
This is so tragic and yet positive at the same time. You and your OH must be very special people. You gave a poor horse a loving and caring home instead of letting him be passed from pillar to post. You seemed to have gained so much in return from Sid, and when he needed you most, you made the best decision for him, even though it hurt you so much.
I hope the memories will come flooding back and bring you tears of joy instead of sorrow very soon...