I lost my beautiful little chap to colic last night and my heart is breaking

horseymummy

Visit site
When I went to fetch my little chap in yesterday I realised he was not well. Very sweaty, laboured breathing, kicking his belly etc. Callled the vet who came out quickly and diagnosed colic, gave him several injections, which seemed to calm him and perk him up. Stayed with him until 10pm when he took a turn for the worse, vet came and tried everything possible (he wouldnt consider sending for surgery he thought his odds were almost zilch). At 11.15 I lost my boy, it feels like my heart is going to break. I have had him nearly seventeen years. Apart from a couple of epsiodes of mild choke a few years ago he has never been sick or sorry.Yesterday morning he was playing with his friends and now he is gone.
My vet was wonderful and was there 2 hours, he just sat on his vet box in the stable and just waited whilst i said goodbye.
Run free my beautiful funny lad.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I am so, so sorry. What a complete shock. However, I'm glad you were able to be with him in his time of need, knowing how much he was loved.
Your vet was marvellous, well done to him too. Sometimes, these professionals go the extra mile to help and its so appreciated.

RIP dear boy,

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Im so sorry - you poor thing, especially as it was so out of the blue :-((( Hugs to you today.

But do remember to be very proud that you have given your wee chap so many years of happiness. Grief is the price we pay for love.......

mightymammoth

Visit site
Oh no! This is just awful you poor soul, wish there was something we could say. You must feel so lost, life can be so terribly cruel xx

Clippy

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. You were there when it mattered, he's out of his pain and you have to try to remember the happy times now

Archangel

Visit site
How heartbreaking and shocking.

These colics that carry them off just come out of nowhere. I have photos of my lovely young mare taken one summer's evening, she looks fabulous, very happy and normal. But by the following morning we had lost her.

I am so sorry you lost your lovely horse.

Leg_end

Visit site
So sorry fr your loss, it is always utterly heartbreaking but always worse when it's combined with the shock of losing them suddenly :(

Undecided

Visit site
I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. Remember all the good times you had together and he was a very lucky boy to have you in his life and with him in his last moments xxxx