Pictures I may have done a thing…buying unseen

BBP

Visit site
He's a very pretty boy isn't he. Has he got a name or did I miss that?

If someone had predicted online horse shopping 30 years ago we'd never have believed them. :D
No proper name yet (he does have a registered one but it’s not very imaginative). I can’t think of anything I like so far.

BBP

Visit site
You need to get to know him before you can name him. Sometimes a name just leaps out at you once you meet them.
That’s what I figured. And it’s finding one that fits with the others so it’s not too similar when you call them or speak about them. My dogs name is quite soft and one syllable and it turns out it’s not the best for calling, just doesn’t have a satisfying ring to it.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
My dogs name is quite soft and one syllable and it turns out it’s not the best for calling, just doesn’t have a satisfying ring to it.
Yes I found that when I called one dog Jesse. That morphed into Diss which can be much sharper. Sister's dog is Birch, I usually call her Birk, much sharper (and appropriate at times)

BBP

Visit site
He's gorgeous ?
Who did you get him from..??
My Connemara x Cob was sold as a chocolate Dun but is actually a sooty buckskin ???
He’s from lovely folks on the west coast, they breed a couple of their own but also buy in a couple of weanlings each spring with the intention of selling them as yearlings which is what this guy is. I’m so excited to meet him. Just hope BBP behaves himself! He can be a bit exuberant at the best of times. Camera at the ready I think!

Surbie

Visit site
Could very well be that, I’m no colour geek sadly, makes my brain hurt. As the saying goes, a good horse is never a bad colour.? My dad reckons he’s been to Tina Turner’s hairdresser.

Sounds like a good enough inspiration for a stable name? (Private) Dancer? Thunder(dome)? Nutbush? ;)

BBP

Visit site
waiting impatiently for homecoming photos :D

i love the name fergus for dark coloured horses....do you know his breeding so you can make up a name for him

Ummm… well on one side he’s out of caherlistrane Darkie Lady by Caherlistrane Blackie…not sure I’m comfortable following that naming route ? Other side is Maghera Fadda Lad. But so far, if it suits him, Merlin is winning (small dark European falcon and world reknowned sorcerer of course!), or Neo (although it was pointed out to me that if you call that out loud three times in the field you start to sound like a police siren) or Bahlu as I had really wanted something bear themed (but then if you shout that out long and loud it sounds like you are howling!). I also like Wolfie after a horse I used to groom for. But I can’t tell if any sound twee or silly.

I’m still waiting for a call from Mullins as to which load they can get him on, feels like a long wait!

Peglo

Visit site
Ummm… well on one side he’s out of caherlistrane Darkie Lady by Caherlistrane Blackie…not sure I’m comfortable following that naming route ? Other side is Maghera Fadda Lad. But so far, if it suits him, Merlin is winning (small dark European falcon and world reknowned sorcerer of course!), or Neo (although it was pointed out to me that if you call that out loud three times in the field you start to sound like a police siren) or Bahlu as I had really wanted something bear themed (but then if you shout that out long and loud it sounds like you are howling!). I also like Wolfie after a horse I used to groom for. But I can’t tell if any sound twee or silly.

I’m still waiting for a call from Mullins as to which load they can get him on, feels like a long wait!

We have a Kestrel. I’m rooting for the wizard/bird theme ???‍♂️?
Also lol’d at the Police siren

Stressymummy

Visit site
Bounce bounce bounce…tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow!!!

I keep having Black Beauty feelings, wondering how he must be feeling, all scared and confused and leaving everything he’s ever known. But then I think what a great life he will have here.
I'm made up for you BBP !!
I hope you have many happy years together !

BBP

Visit site
I'm made up for you BBP !!
I hope you have many happy years together !
Ah thank you! I’m in a bit of a flap as they said he will be delivered in a 12 horse lorry, and I’m not sure if it will fit! I’m hoping they know what they are doing as they didn’t give me any opportunity to talk about site access etc.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Ah thank you! I’m in a bit of a flap as they said he will be delivered in a 12 horse lorry, and I’m not sure if it will fit! I’m hoping they know what they are doing as they didn’t give me any opportunity to talk about site access etc.

When mine was delivered the other way (UK to Ireland) there was no way the lorry was getting in so we just unloaded down the road and led him from there. Do you have somewhere quiet near to you where you could do that if they can't get in?

BBP

Visit site
When mine was delivered the other way (UK to Ireland) there was no way the lorry was getting in so we just unloaded down the road and led him from there. Do you have somewhere quiet near to you where you could do that if they can't get in?
Unfortunately we are in the middle of two awkward bends, it would be a long way to lead a learner pony.

We have had 8 wheeler tippers in for arena construction, but never anything quite this big. I’m sure we will make it happen.

PurBee

Visit site
Fingers crossed all goes smoothly tomorrow BBP…how exciting!

I have a merlin and not sure if i inadvertently cursed him with super powers as he’s a houdini when it comes to passing through very tight 4 rope electric fencing without you even noticing where or how he did it! ?

So be careful what you wish for… a magical name breeds a magical horse ???

BBP

Visit site
Fingers crossed all goes smoothly tomorrow BBP…how exciting!

I have a merlin and not sure if i inadvertently cursed him with super powers as he’s a houdini when it comes to passing through very tight 4 rope electric fencing without you even noticing where or how he did it! ?

So be careful what you wish for… a magical name breeds a magical horse ???
That’s very true! I was also contemplating Feargal/Fergal, as it apparently means Brave, thought maybe it would give him good mojo from the start?! But then my brain has already morphed that into Fraggle accidentally.