I swore I wouldn't look at another Arab!

Identityincrisis

Visit site
Well today marks our 1 year anniversary so I wanted to post another little update. MY little Arab, Shakir, is an absolute delight. He has really come out of his shell and shows the ginger fire when he doesn't approve of something but he's sweet enough to still do as i ask. He is becoming braver and I thoroughly love riding him, he's such fun

So once again, thank you all for the encouragement!

Flame_

Visit site
I've really enjoyed this thread. Arabs are just the best!

I've not bothered much with the forum for a few years (huge disillusionment after I lost my pretty perfect 9 year old chestnut purebred to colic) but feeling re-engaged with horse stuff again. So, sorry I missed it first time around and i'm glad you made the right choice and bought your horse. He is very beautiful and it's wonderful that you understand him and are enjoying him.

I have a tougher arab now. He's taken a long time to really grow up and get going, largely due to my lack of facilities, support and wavering enthusiam, but we're eventually both on board with doing some (moderately) adventurous stuff (now there's naf all happening thanks to covid, lol)

Anyway, another request for more lovely arab photos!

Last edited:

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
If they’re on Facebook, open them then click copy and paste directly in your post.

I’m wetting myself at his original name! I can’t imagine shouting that across a field in my broad Geordie accent which reappears when I’m up home!

Identityincrisis

Visit site
Thank you everyone!

I love his markings too, I've always loved chesnuts and snips, so he's perfect in my eyes. The photos really don't do him justice

I've never been a fan of the extreme heads, so his delicate dish is just right. Everyone on the yard adores him as he's so kind.

I don't have many plans other than to enjoy him, I'll see what he takes to but I have done my time chasing rosettes so we'll just be having fun