I think I am ill?

fallenangel123

Visit site
It started off slowly, I went into a few tackshops, and didn't buy anything. Then I scanned Ebay and couldn't find anything I needed for the horses. Istill haven't bought so much as a numnah or leadrope this year, then today I went to a horse auction, with money, (this happens when you stop buying at saddlers) and the trailer and still didn't buy anything.!
I'm worried this is terminal? Will I ever recover? Does this have a name?

(Tongue in cheek post, no offence intended to anyone seriously ill)

impresario08

Visit site
I've got to that depressing stage where I've had horses so long I literally dont "need" anything...only "want" everything instead...sigh

Tobiano

Visit site
Those are very serious symptoms fallen angel! You should not leave them untreated.

In such an urgent case the recommended treatment is to buy another horse. :p

Clannad48

Visit site
I wish my daughter could catch this illness - can I send her to stay with you so she can catch it please - failing that she may be able to cure you in an instant (she goes through my bank balance the moment there is any money in it)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
So sorry to hear it's spreading towards Sleaford... not good news.

I'm afraid there is no cure. Also, I should tell you this now before it breaks your heart later... you soon stop "wanting" stuff too. Opting instead for a strange, bewildering condition that sounds so incredibly sad I dare not write it in case it sends you into premature advanced stages.

Enjoy the last vestiges of "want" before you enter the realms of the little known land in the kingdom called..... "It'll-Doo".

alice.j

Visit site
Fortunately, I have not yet caught this bug. I do have no-money-itis though, which is almost the same!

I couldnt find anything to buy either, and I wasn't even paying! And then I spotted this:

http://s107.photobucket.com/user/pa...print shires tempest rug_zpslgyp5kj1.jpg.html

There is a small hairy pony who will be sporting a chicken rug this winter :lol:

I have this for my pony - I had to buy it! They also have a medium-weight; I don't think he needs one but I do!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
that sounds really serious. there must be some treatment, maybe book some tickets for Olympia, or go to blair for the Europeans?
there must be a cure, luckily I don't suffer from it and money just slips away without a problem when I am looking at horsey things!!!!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Fortunately, I have not yet caught this bug. I do have no-money-itis though, which is almost the same!

I have this for my pony - I had to buy it! They also have a medium-weight; I don't think he needs one but I do!!

I've seen the jockey one and I have my eye on that as well :lol: but he aforementioned small hairy pony overheats even when fully clipped, and then kindly rips his rug off. I learnt my lesson last year when we went through a rug a week for a while until I realised!

alice.j

Visit site
Spotty pony loves his!

4pxsmv.jpg

fallenangel123

Visit site
See I don't need a chicken rug either :-(

It's native ponies that have done this to me, they dont need rugs, boots, fancy feed etc. The last thing I did buy was a grazing muzzle! I see the vet on vaccination day, and a quick visit from the dentist but thats it. Maybe I should invest in a TB so I will have to rug it and spoil it constantly. Perhaps this might be a cure?

wkiwi

Visit site
Ahhh, you have it completely the wrong way round.

Instead of contracting an illness, you have actually recovered from a serious one afflicting a large percent of the population. It is called: "I-Need-'itis" and can be contracted quite young in age. Made worse by prolonged exposure to advertisements, money, and soap operas.

Congratulations on your recovery - you will find you now have more time for enjoying your horse.

Greylegs

Visit site
See I don't need a chicken rug either :-(

It's native ponies that have done this to me, they dont need rugs, boots, fancy feed etc. The last thing I did buy was a grazing muzzle! I see the vet on vaccination day, and a quick visit from the dentist but thats it. Maybe I should invest in a TB so I will have to rug it and spoil it constantly. Perhaps this might be a cure?

AGH! I've got it too. Must be owning a hardy highland which has infected me. I had to actually buy a new head collar last week because the old one just disintegrated and no amount of baler twine would fix it, but now I'm feeling quite poorly. Won't be doing that again for a while. My lad will winter in his old rugs, use his old numnahs under his old saddle and wear his tatty old bridle quite happily. After all it will all "do"...

Eta .... On the other hand, he does live in the lap of luxury at an excellent full-livery establishment and gets waited on hand an foot, so I do manage to consume funds somehow !!!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
You broke me with the chicken rug.

Surely it will be a collector's item soon and it claims to wick away sweat for a fraction of the price of the bucas Multipower that was on the list...

sarahann1

Visit site
I've got to that depressing stage where I've had horses so long I literally dont "need" anything...only "want" everything instead...sigh

^^^This^^^

Wander round the shops thinking, that'd be nice, but don't need it, have 5 of them, where the hell would I put it, etc etc

You're not alone OP :)

That said, if potential new horse passes vetting, I'll be able to buy a couple of rugs and a saddle, but even then I have everything else he could need!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I know, I have the disease too; it's an awful affliction isn't it? All the eager anticipation of the tack shop run, just.....gone :-(

fallenangel123

Visit site
^^^This^^^

Wander round the shops thinking, that'd be nice, but don't need it, have 5 of them, where the hell would I put it, etc etc

You're not alone OP :)

That said, if potential new horse passes vetting, I'll be able to buy a couple of rugs and a saddle, but even then I have everything else he could need!

Maybe this is it? We got a new pony for my daughter last year and I found out of storage a saddle, bridle, bit, numnahs to suit her colouring, headcollar, buckets and a couple of rugs should she need them although she probably won't!

OMG I actually have everything!! I suppose after thirty years of keeping horses it was going to happen sooner or later! I don't feel quite so bad now!