i think im an idiot??

noodle_

Visit site
Im not going into it fully as i already feel like a t*t. :D

but we (friend and i) were chatting tonight about my horses previous life etc - and i happend to mention a convo between me and her then owner (on the phone before viewing) who said about her being 3 months pregnant. so i congratulated the owner. :eek:

i have had her barely 5 months... shes was chubby whe i bought her (shes 4), but ive been riding her - got rid of the belly and toned her up (so i thought), shes gotten nippy, changed shape etc....

but we do think that noodle_ did a blonde thing and congratulated my now horse being up the duff.

i know you will all tell me to get the vet out but id like opinions.... before i look like a further numpty.

(please tell me i am deaf and the owner WAS pregnant and my horse isnt?)

IMG_0746.jpg

:eek:

Clannad48

Visit site
If you want to save on a vet bill you could always contact the previous owner - 'to let her know how the horse is doing' and ask how she is - she may mention a baby?

Worth a try??

joeanne

Visit site
ummmm thats quite a belly she has there.........
Maybe you should get the vet out to tell you if you are going to get a BOGOF:D
ETA but surely if she was in foal when you bought her the owner would have told you when the foal was due or better still told you what exactly had covered her!!!

Last edited:

noodle_

Visit site
*snort*

i feel like an absolute pillock. (if its true)

i do the prod test and in the past week shes frankly getting p*ssed off at me as the weird belly keeps prodding me back :eek: but i keep putting it down to general movements

i really really cant contact the old owner. i suspected she was (horse) preggers when i got her.... but we put it down to tub.

sprite1978

Visit site
I`ve had a very amusing day but his tops it off..........I`m sorry i cant be more constructive but that is very funny.

If she is, think of it as a bonus!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Ooops :D, sorry but am currently falling about laughing! Did the owner say anything about who the Dad was?
When we accidentally bought an in foal mare (owner swore black was white that the mare was not in foal!) our then farrier said, 'take her shoes off and you will know within the week' so we did. He took her shoes off there and then and within the week she 'grew', did get the vet out, who told us that there was a big colt foal in there, that bit was right, he said black with a white star though and the foal was coloured :D :D :D

sprite1978

Visit site
Ring the old owner and ask her "About the pregnancy, - who is the father?"
If she says piss off and don`t be so nosey - its the owner who is pregnant. Ha

Bennions Field

Visit site
you could try a 'wee foal test'. its a urine pregnancy test. costs around £30 and saves any embarasement, you can buy them off the net, and it will also give you a difinitive answer its 98% acurate.

i used it to check my planned in foal mare was still pregnant without having to go down the route of another scan. its also cheaper than a wasted vet call out without any red faces !! you can then get the vet in to check everything is ok if its positive.

best of luck either way, she looks a really nice mare by the way

noodle_

Visit site
thanks all haha

she has the vet in march for her vaccs anyhow... but she needs to see him for her lumps anyhow

i could always get a different vet out so i dont have to face them again???

i havent got the old owners email and tbh i cant do it over a text as i wouldnt know wtf to say lol!!...

my friend said something else about it too which makes me suspect further but!! only a couple at my yard think yes - rest think she looks "well"

so regardless of what ive posted..... does anyone think she is?

im posting up a vid in amin.... you can see her then properly...

either way - the mare and any sprogs that drop have a home for life anyhow! whether its now or in a few years when i put her in foal lol

sdoherty

Visit site
:D:D just ring the previous owner,it does look like that she has an 8/9 month pregnant belly.if she is in foal its a bit odd she didnt go into more detail about it,fairly big topic to just skim over on the phone.

noodle_

Visit site
lol ^

my friends are laughing..

either way i can deal with it.....

just to say - the seller was lovely - genuine and if my horse is it is TOTALLY my mistake! :)

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
A quick 2 minute phone call will put your mind at rest (or not! lol) and you'll find out one way or another.

Better to have a planned pregnancy and be prepared ... than to have a suprise one and get a big shock

noodle_

Visit site
yes - vet is being called tomorow lol!

i have had further messages from my friend who has remembered some things that has been said on viewing thats just fitting in lol

i feel flipping awful if she is - i took her jumping last week....... she was peed off today with having to jump and i was going to take her jumping next week :eek:

until the vet comes out shes now a pampered pet. lol.

AMW

Visit site
she looks like she could be ;)

bless, she wont be the first to be ridden and in foal so Im sure she will be fine. Hope you find out one way or another soon. If she is I wonder who the dad is......

noodle_

Visit site
thanks AMW - i wont be sitting on her until i know one way or another

in all honesty i will be selfishly utterly bummed if she is as she was doing so well lol

but if she isnt then god help her as fitness plan will be up in place coming spring haha :)

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I gained a mare i new nothing about, she had a suspicious belly,
After lots of advice from people and poking and prodding myself got the vet to check her.

£35 for an internal examination
took 5 minutes and relief it was just fat and had untoned muscles.

BonneMaman

Visit site
Cheap option would obviously be to call previous owner - and just ask.

Not so cheap but really not very expensive is to get the vet out and have her scanned.

I bought my mare in foal - I knew she was in foal though only found out at vetting as I had my suspicions!! I rode her from September when I bought her through to the end of March when I turned her away - foal was born mid June.

We only hacked but we cantered and she peed off with me too!

Good luck! Though I am a bit sorry for you because that will be your summer this year written off to midwifery duties ......

Please keep us updated!!

noodle_

Visit site
update;

contacted the previous owner - who said she had had her just 3 months (not the thought of 18.........)

so i asked seller if she could have been with a colt/stallion before she got her but she cant be sure - shes going to get the number

either way i rung the vet as i want a proper opinion

i hope shes just rounded.... if shes not then we deal with it but id rather spend the money and know so i can carry on jumping etc.... before i do her some damage and ruin her! :)

Flir

Visit site
sorry that did make me giggle! :D thank you for brightening up a dull friday afternoon in a very boring office!!!

I think the pregnancy kit is a good idea, cheaper than a vet and saves you the embaressment of phoning her previous owner?

if she is in foal, bonus! :)

noodle_

Visit site
sorry that did make me giggle! :D thank you for brightening up a dull friday afternoon in a very boring office!!!

I think the pregnancy kit is a good idea, cheaper than a vet and saves you the embaressment of phoning her previous owner?

if she is in foal, bonus! :)

:D glad i made you giggle..i feel like im going completely nuts lol!

vets out monday as i will have to wait for akit and i already have grey hairs!.... :D

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I'm sorry...., but to me she looks preggers.... Rounded tummy, slightly further back, but not looking like carrying fat anywhere else. Plus the mood changing.

Not laughing.

Sorry.

No.

Not laughing...
c045.gif

Hopefully I'm totally wrong :D. And I'm definitely not a pregnant horse expert!

noodle_

Visit site
I'm sorry...., but to me she looks preggers.... Rounded tummy, slightly further back, but not looking like carrying fat anywhere else. Plus the mood changing.

Not laughing.

Sorry.

No.

Not laughing...
c045.gif

Hopefully I'm totally wrong :D. And I'm definitely not a pregnant horse expert!

shushshhhh :p :D:D:D

im laughing too tbh - even harder if shes not as i will feel stupid!! but id feel awful if she was and i carried on riding her....

lol :D

HashRouge

Visit site
My ex-broodmare's tummy looks exactly like your mare's....I don't know if that's a good thing or not, since my mare's not in foal but she's had a few babbies to give her the shape :p