twiggy2

Visit site
Dam
Scan0073_zpsaqppjihi.jpg
[/URL]

fully grown offspring
DSCN0851_zps0qrlf6ev.jpg
[/URL]

Sire is unknown so I am wondering what everyones guesses would be ?
daam was 15hh offspring 15.1hh

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
would it have to be black or black based to give her colour or is it just more likely Faracat?

The dam is chestnut, so can only pass on chestnut to her foals. As she (the offspring) is brown, which is a black based colour, the black must have come from Dad. The brown version of agouti, could have come from either parent. So the sire wasn't chestnut (or chestnut based eg palomino) but was black or black based (including everything from plain black, to buckskin, grulla, black/grey etc...).

twiggy2

Visit site
The dam is chestnut, so can only pass on chestnut to her foals. As she (the offspring) is brown, which is a black based colour, the black must have come from Dad. The brown version of agouti, could have come from either parent. So the sire wasn't chestnut (or chestnut based eg palomino) but was black or black based (including everything from plain black, to buckskin, grulla, black/grey etc...).

Thank you

pottypony1

Visit site
have you thought about DNA testing? search for Texas A&M genetic testing... I'm getting my boy tested! Will happily let you know how we get on...
Looking at those last pictures though, I would say it looks like there might be some quarter horse in there? :)

JJS

Visit site
I'd imagine that the sire had quite a bit of blood. My guess would be that he was probably a TB or TB cross.