If you could have anything for your yard...

ihatework

Visit site
yes I guess so re the horse shower-I just use the outside tap for most of those and some of them, I just don't do (i.e. hosing muddy legs, car washing ;)). I suspect if you are hunting etc they are really useful. its not a criticism, just seems like everyone wants them/must have them and there would be absolutely no point in me having one.

One of those portable gas hot showers is on my list of investments at some stage!
It would be a luxury for me, but almost a necessity for anyone that hunted I reckon.

Chuffy99

Visit site
We went to see a horse earlier this year and were desperate when we got there and there was no loo so vendor said use that stable, apparently everyone disliked this livery so used her stable, urgh poor girl

Fanatical

Visit site
Really interesting thread.
Does anyone have a link to the Robinsons Horse Shower please? I can’t find it when I search.

Gazen

Visit site
Soil that drains. We are on clay and all of the paddocks are lakes so the horses can't go out. The all weather turnout isn't quite ready yet but that will be by next winter.
I would like mirrors for the school, however they may freak out my horse (doesn't take much!)

Ceriann

Visit site
I really want a grader for the school and one of those corner hay feeders that feed from the floor - filling nets is almost as bad as poo picking and one of my mares chucks her hay all over the place if I just feed off the floor!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
A Roomba that will clean the yard.

Underfloor heating to melt paths in the snow.

A slave.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
A Roomba that will clean the yard.

Underfloor heating to melt paths in the snow.

A slave.

I like the idea of a Yard Roomba I spent ages sweeping the whole yard on Christmas Eve and it was totally ruined in less than a day! Everyone sweeps up their bit but it’s such a large area and bits stick all over it when it’s windy.

I’d like the strip down to the fields to have a proper solid surface and drainage. It’s ankle deep in mud and surface water now. It’s horrible :(

Sealine

Visit site
One small luxury I have is a tap in my stable which is really useful. I don't have to carry water buckets and my tap rarely freezes. I don't like automatic drinkers as I like to keep track of how much my horse drinks.

I'm on a DIY livery yard and the list of things I'd like is endless:
Larger school - current one is 20m x 40m
Decent surface in the school that isn't deep and doesn't flood or freeze
Hot water shower and solarium - would be useful before/after hunting
Proper drainage in hay soaking area - it's muddy in the winter and mossie/fly infested in summer
5-lever mortice locks on tack room - this would enable me to leave my tack there as the insurance would pay out if it's stolen
24 hour grazing all year round - we only have 24/7 grazing for about 3 months in the summer

I'm not interested in a horse walker. We have good year round turnout and grazing which is the main reason I stay there. If I had my own yard I'm sure my list of wants and priorities would be different.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Canter track and a water treadmill...

I'd also get a surface put down on the walkway. And extend the school those annoying 5m to make it full size.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Just better drainage in the fields at the moment, fed up of rain! Hopefully this summer will have a long enough dry spell to get drains cleared and re fenced.