If you could have one horse under the tree..

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
A bay gelding with white stripe and socks who doesn't mind a numpty rider that can take me through the levels sj needs to be honest and forgiving go off any stride within reason, also safe to take low level eventing or for a blast hacking. Doesn't need to be sedated for clipping and good to catch would be nice too.
Oh and a nice good looking kind intelligent man as well would be nice not that I'm being greedy :p

happyclappy

Visit site
My first mare, who sadly died aged 11 from Grass Sickness. She was all but perfect, one small thing she was not perfect on. She was stunning. I could not wish for any other under my tree.

Madam Min

Visit site
Other than our 2 we have now, I'd have to say our old boy DJ and my OH's old mare Joyce as she taught me so much re jumping! If we're talking famous horses, Sprinter Sacre, I know he's been off but he's stunning!

Last edited:

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I'd have my horse, Sam but not broken!! my one wish was for him to be off box rest by now and that I'd get an xmas day ride tomorrow, for the first time in a few years! there's always next year! He's almost there, just building up the turn out. he's been having an hour or 2 a day since last weekend!! :)

Jo1987

Visit site
I'd like my old retired boy, 15 years younger! I got him when he was 16, he's 20 now and I just wish I could have known him in his youth!

Montyforever

Visit site
Anything i could ride! Love my little mare and would never sell her but would love something sane/sensible just to hack etc nothing fancy!

MarniL

Visit site
A solid-type (like an ID x) bay gelding that would improve my jumping and general confidence, that I could essentially trust with my life. Though there was a beautiful big black gelding called Banjo that caught my eye - he seemed just what I would be looking for. Ah well, a girl can dream...

Ladyinred

Visit site
Some great old names here.. Ryans son, Stroller etc.

I would have the TB mare I used to work with.. we had an incredible special bond. It was due to no talent on my part at all but she went like a dream for me and never tanked off as she usually did. She was very special and over forty years later I can still shed a few tears writing about her.

SpringArising

Visit site
My second pony who I had as a child.

I have no idea where she is now or even if she's still alive.

I had a story-book type dream about her last night and I woke up feeling so sad that it wasn't real.

Indy

Visit site
I'd resurrect my Indy who was the best introduction to ex racehorses anyone could wish for and just because he was fun to know Freeway or as he was universally know ...the ginger neurotic freak. And Jim my first horse who was the most patient and forgiving horse I have ever known

TPO

Visit site
My one in a million ex-racer mare Tanith that I lost too soon or her doppelgänger Headley Britania (who was slightly more successful than my T ��... Ha ha)

Bigbenji

Visit site
Would love to pop a fence on shutterfly! Also Blueberry or Uti just so I can experience one of those extended trots. Can be returned afterwards :)

SunSeeker

Visit site
I would love " stroller" only the older members will remember the fab show jumping pony, would love a spin.

Funnily enough, it was Stroller who sprang to mind immediately when I opened this thread. Absolutely wonderful iconic little chap from my youth... such an inspiration. Good choice thatsmygirl.

Mike007

Visit site
So , any horse but Bob the nota cob eh!.Well , I have the ultimate jumping horse that I wanted when I was 18 yet at 58 I am so bust up that I cant do the stuff he is capable of. Nor can I take the chance that he will do one of his ad lib jumps over a hedge because "all dem little 16 hand ponies is blocking the jump"So what I want is a rather plump but kindly cob who thinks that a collected trot is warp factor 8 ,but with an honest jump and not inclined to tank off after the field out hunting.