If you were a horse...

kchappers

Visit site
someone saw through the arrogant, fiesty facade enough to ignore the bad days and treasure the good.

very prone to tantrums. Not small ones either.

Likely to buck, bolt, rear, bite and kick, in fact anything to get own way. A firm hand will NOT work but can have a tendancy to take advantage if allowed.
)

These bits are me completely,

anyway id be a 16h grey warmblood (i purposely put toner on my blonde hair to make it look silver/grey) Bundles of talent but heaps of attitude, Stubborn but very loyal and loving to the one who sticks with me through the tantrums, (big ones too) will also do anything to get my own way. Needs lots of variety as gets bored easily.
loves treats especially carrots and a nice warm stable. enjoys a good blast cross country especially in the cold winters days.
Would catch and load well if its worth my while (ie haynet, or treats) and enjoys flooring people who think they know best.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Visit site
I'd be a light bay MW hunter type. I'd like to be out during day but snuggled up in my stable with a lovely thick shavings bed and huge haynet at night particularly, in winter :)

I wouldn't mind being schooled a couple of times a week but more than that and I'd be bored, bored bored so might show it by being a bit naughty. I'd much rather be out hacking, gallopping across the hills with some of my mates. I'd like to be spruced up now and again to go out and show off at a show or dressage competition. I'm not very agaile so think jumping might be out of the question. :)

ClassicG&T

Visit site
I'm pretty tall, slim (ish) and dark hair and eyes and a huge red lipstick fan and black flick eyeliner so probably.....a dark bay/black TB or Warmblood that demands the very best of everything (food, attention etc) and kept all rugs clean as i hate dirt on anything. I also love competition and winning, oh dear.
But if someone decided to hop on my back and boss me around, god help them.

God i sound so vain!

Shantara

Visit site
This!

em_reference_by_anniehyena-d4leltk.jpg

I*HM

Visit site
I'd be some form of a blood horse as I'm athletic (sprinting and jumping mainly). I'd be a bay and tall, part of me thinks I'd have a touch of warmblood as I'm well able to do things but often don't have the bottle for things that are a bit daring but then I'm pretty good at injuring myself and permanently have colds/sore throats so perhaps I'd be a slightly neurotic sports horse type with slight wind problems that "has potential" :p

cambrica

Visit site
I'd like to think a Warlander but in reality (if this were reality) I wouldn't even make it to being a horse.... no, I would be a Donkey - a downright stubborn one at that :D

mandwhy

Visit site
Hahaha great question, I would be a cross between Big Ben and alainax...

A stocky haflinger of decent breeding and nice enough action for a biggun, taller than average about 15.3. Very much kickalong and a happy hacker due to amount of time spent daydreaming/worrying, dreams of badminton one day but mostly couldn't muster the energy and goes for a snack/afternoon nap. Looks braindead but secretly neurotic, fine ridden on M25 at rush hour but terrified of plastic bags, men who wear hats, green cars and implausibly small dogs. Needs regular pep talks that the warmbloods and TBs are all style and no substance anyway. Has an unhealthy attachment to the vet/physio/saddler and regularly out of work for undiagnosed lameness, but makes a great pet/companion!

Montyforever

Visit site
I'd be exactly like my little grey mare :rolleyes: prone to being panicky, stress out over little things, only liking certain people etc etc :p except she's gorgeous and thin ... I am not!

Ladyinred

Visit site
I would be the ugly cob mare at the sales that no one wants to buy. But when someone comes along who sees past the looks I would be faithful forever. Obviously no show horse but the best and safest hack in the world. Wouldn't enjoy travelling but would endure it. Like to be out 24/7 in the summer but tucked up in a cosy bed at night when the weather changes. No rugs inside please, but will wear a rainsheet outside as I know I won't be able to resist rolling in the mud. My mane is best hogged but I have a lovely thick tail and adore to have it brushed. Prefer to be barefoot and need legs looked after as prone to mud fever.

And Puh-lease no bling on my bridle!! You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear!!

Moomin1

Visit site
I would be about 15:3-16hh riding horse type! Usually slim and physically fit, but with potential to become slobbish and slightly overweight! Temperament wise, caring, but intolerant of other bolshy horses! Would have the tendency to become over excitable under saddle and perhaps throw the odd buck in here or there, but would have no intention of hurting anyone! I would HATE being over rugged - I get too hot and irritable if I can't take layers off!

Last edited:

glamourpuss

Visit site
I would be a tall, leggy, stressy bay TB
Poor doer, drops weight easily. Loves to be warm, so lots of rugs please.
Athletic but not the boldest ;-)
Hate any sort of grooming, likely to fidget & just be a general pain about it.

Moon

Visit site
I would like to think i am a tall slim, friesian with a lovely long mane, with lots of presence. Then id catch a glimpse in the mirror n realise somewhere along the lines i turned into a dark stocky frizzy haired cob with wall eye. :D

TrasaM

Visit site
Good thread.. I'd be a Connemara but slightly over height. Sturdy, tough as an old boot and probably dun coloured.(oddly turning grey lol) You could force me to do what you want but i'd be resentful and dump you in the nearest thorn bush at every opportunity and maybe just "accidentally" drop you in every dirty mud filled ditch I find. However treat me nice and respectful and convince me you're my friend and I will do everything I can to keep you safe and happy. Both body and mind have to be occupied unless you want me to get into trouble:D;)

Ventus

Visit site
Haha! Great thread!

I'd be about 15hh, black, from unknown breeding but more of a Small Hunter type. Good-doer, who is very food-orientated. Would probably weave, or kick the door at tea times. Out 24/7 in summer, in at nights in winter. Ideally be fed haylage. Stubborn, mare-ish and moody - especially when in season! A bit lazy until you get me moving. Respond to whips by a buck or might shoot off to the other end of the school. Bombproof hack. Very vocal. Always part of the herd, usually causing trouble & hoolying around the field. Would only accept the best stuff. Fancy rugs in this years colours. Have an owner who would clothe me before herself (i.e. me! :D) Great to shoe (may bite farrier's bum), clip, load (loves to go to parties). A bit of an all-rounde.

Ellemoo

Visit site
Well im pale skinned with dark hair.. so i guess id be a dun! Very poor doer that is always ribby.. ive got a lump on my pituitary gland so i reckon id have cushings too.. needs about 8 rugs on in winter and still feels cold- youd probably see me for sale on DD ;) My OH always tells me if i was an animal i would have been pts by now :)

Mongoose11

Visit site
I would be my mare. We are strinkingly similar!

Tobiano (Piebald?) Cob (suspected ClydieX) who is greedy, stubborn, opinionated, IMPATIENT to the end, dependable, predictable, interested in life, can work very hard when put under pressure, wants to please, loves her bed.

That's us really, we both have rather unkempt manes, her legs are ALWAYs hairy whereas I face a constant battle with mine, we both struggle with the size of our bellys and bums and we enjoy being alone and together.

I am her and she is me :)

LittleMonster

Visit site
if i were a horse i'd be underweight, i'd look a fit but i wouldnt be..

id be grumpy in the mornings, would love going out for hacks, trips and enjoy jumping,
id try and break out of fences to get to the other side for no reason... (horses enjoy doing it and i wanna know why lol) id also whinny for no apperent reason!
would only let certian people be near me, i'd be arragont and try and get away with everything i can!

Romeorider

Visit site
I'd be a chesnut version of my horse. 16.2, slim but well built. Can be quite talented but only if I can be a...d. Like my own space and can be fairly anti social but have one or two special friends. Very opinionated on issues and will express my concern openly (usually by bucking). People will need to earn my respect or I will act up. A real Marmite type - either love me or hate me - but deep down I do appreciate having someone special to look after me even if I don't always show it.

abbijay

Visit site
Fab thread!!!! I love any excuse to anthropomorphize!

I'd be the complete opposite of my horse but I still think he'd follow me round and adore me just like he does now.
I reckon about 15.2hh connemara x tb , probably bright bay. Always cold so lots of rugs and definitely stabled at night, slightly spooky but excellent with kids for lead rein and beginners and never carrying enough curves to be suitable for the show ring. I would be permenantly determined to be in charge of my herd. I am also fiercely competitive and would frustrate my owner for being a touch lazy at home but put me in a competition ring and I will go way beyond what people think I'm capable of even if that still won't win many prizes.
I would currently be having a year out from serious fun and be in foal to an impressive 16.3hh sports horse, hoping to throw a nice riding club all rounder with the potential to affiliate in any discipline at low level.

TheSylv007

www.ridewelland.co.uk
Great thread - having thought about it I have more in common with my mare than I thought....

Pretty-ish face but slightly odd conformation with things not quite adding up as they should. Likes her food, prone to being argumentative, rubbish concentration span and a bit of a shirker when approached with work, however once motivated performs rather well!

Tall, with strong back end (ahem). Not super skinny but sporty, so ISH. Never going to be a world beater but capable and athletic, decent at all disciplines. Would love treats.

So basically, I would be a slightly bigger version of my horse. Ironic...