If you were offered 25K for your horse - would you take it?

PandorasJar

Visit site
If you were given an offer of 25k for your horse that had HUGE potential and you were not competative - would you let him/her go for it?

Just wondering

GW

Nope.

We have one with huge potential and is being sold as needs a home who can do more than we can. Would be wasted with us. And other youngsters can go.

Wouldn't sell ours for love nor money though. Mines with me for life regardless of costs, quirks etc and OH would sooner sell me than his!

Pan

JustMe22

Visit site
I don't know! I'd have to seriously think about it - but I think in the end the emotional attachment would win out!

Friend of mine turned down about 35k for a stallion of his, it's about 14 I think, he doesn't ride or compete it anymore as he's done everything with it that he wishes to, and has a mare that he thinks has infinitely more talent..as well as millions of other horses. Thought he was mad! Esp considering that our currency is (currently) 14 times weaker than the pound - 30k odd is A LOT of money here :D

ETS: Sorry, didn't notice the thread is old! Silly me!

Apercrumbie

Visit site
For my old boy, no as no amount of money will make me part with him. He is living a well-deserved retirement and any change would only upset him. I would consider it for my Welshie if the home was right as although I adore him I would consider what is best for him and me.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Gosh this thread is a blast from the past isnt it?

Well still got little lad - and no i could not sell him if i was offered the world, he was such a support to big lad when he was poorly, he was worth his weight in gold then.

The little mare..... - no even though she broke my leg after less than 5 weeks of owning her - and anyway i am sure she is Gingerwitch reincarnated !

redredruby

Visit site
Never, never, never.

I wouldn't part with Arthur for anything, nor would I part with my little mud monster Deano. The joy they both give me is priceless.

Mariposa

Visit site
Honestly I probably would, I couldn't really afford to turn that amount of money down..( but let's face it, no one is ever going to offer me £25k for any of my girls!)

muckypony

Visit site
Someone could have offered me a million for my pont and I honestly would have never parted with her :p

If someone offered me that kind of money for another horse, it would mean they were pretty good.. In which I'd keep it for myself :p :D

Sarah1210

Visit site
Would depend on how attached I was to the horse I guess. If it was my horse and did everything I wanted it to and I enjoyed it and trusted it 100% then no, I wouldn't accept any offer. If I was unsure about me and the horse being a match and I wasn't 100% happy with the horse then i probably would (although would depend on who was offering the money!!)

couldn't agree more!

mandwhy

Visit site
16x what I paid for her, yes I think I probably would! Heck I'd probably sell my boyfriend for that ;-)

I would still check it was going to be a good home though obviously.

ridefast

Visit site
Only if I was in such a financial crisis that I couldn't give her a life she was enjoying. But if anyone offered me that much I would question their sanity, and I'm not sure I want my horse owned by a crazy person.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I would think back to how I felt before "the offer".

If I had put a lot of effort in and was now reaping the benefits and enjoying the horse, no.

If I was not enjoying the horse, yes.

GinaGeo

Visit site
I wouldn't sell my grey. Not that anyone offer me that for him! He's spent five years training me to ride him and I trust him - don't think I'd trust anything else like I trust him out hunting.

For my four year old, who's much easier to do then I'm not sure. I've done everything with him myself and think the world of him. Right now, probably not, but once I've had my fun with him and want something to take me further then possibly.

Theocat

Visit site
Hm. I've definitely got a price - I wouldn't keep mine if I was offered silly money - but I honestly can't say if £25K would be enough tempt me or not. It would depend on the circumstances at the time.

£50K would be a definite yes, though, if anyone was thinking of making an offer :D

Allie5

Visit site
Tommy? Never, he's my horse of a lifetime and means everything to me.
Bradley? Yes, he was bought as an investment so is here to sell.