If you've done your Cat C (Hgv) lorry test...

Kat

Visit site
Re mirrors and being seen to look. I was advised to wear dangly earrings and put my hair in a ponytail at the crown of my head. When you move your head to look in the mirror your hair and earrings move and make the small movement more obvious

millitiger

Visit site
Drive the lorry like a goods vehicle and not as if you have horses on board- you need to be decisive in junctions and pull away more positively etc than you would with horses on board.

echo above, I was told to wear hair in a high ponytail for test so examiner can clearly see when checking mirrors

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Re mirrors and being seen to look. I was advised to wear dangly earrings and put my hair in a ponytail at the crown of my head. When you move your head to look in the mirror your hair and earrings move and make the small movement more obvious
Great tip ? I was looking and looking today but instructor didn't always notice so kept reminding me. Will def tie my hair up differently! (Am away from home tonight so no earrings with me) Thanks ?

milliepops

Visit site
Busy roundabouts!
I got one on test and i got in a right state.
It wouldn't have bothered me normally but i had to sit there for ages. In the end the examiner told me when to go.
I think nerves got s hold of me too. Ive seen people suggest natural remedies for that bit if it was me i would try them out first.
Reversing......i actually got out and checked my losition in the box at the end of the reversing section which you are allowed to do.
Are you planning on driving for a job?
My friend is doing hers soon snd hoping to get tramping work.
Good luck for your test!
Nope it's just to drive the 7.5t box and a bit of future proofing.
I fluffed a busy roundabout today and it was a good reminder about needing to be in the right headspace because it made me dither at the next one.

luckyoldme

Visit site
Nope it's just to drive the 7.5t box and a bit of future proofing.
I fluffed a busy roundabout today and it was a good reminder about needing to be in the right headspace because it made me dither at the next one.
Its really wierd. I nesrly burnt the clutch out andprobably lost about half a stone i was sweating that much!
Its not a bad thing to fall back on..but once youve got your licence try to aim to do a days cpc training a year to keep on top of it!..five years comes round very quickly!

donkeyindisguise

Visit site
I don’t having any tips, but I’m doing my training/test this week too so following ?
After leaving yesterday feeling positive like it was all coming together, today everything fell apart, and the day just got worse as it went
I’m dreading going back tomorrow, and feel nowhere near ready for the test on Friday now ?

milliepops

Visit site
I don’t having any tips, but I’m doing my training/test this week too so following ?
After leaving yesterday feeling positive like it was all coming together, today everything fell apart, and the day just got worse as it went
I’m dreading going back tomorrow, and feel nowhere near ready for the test on Friday now ?
Oh no! I'm sure you'll get it sorted again. Tomorrows a new day.
I found as I got tired today I started overthinking things and that definitely affected me. I felt quite good last night then got all doom and gloomy today but on balance I think I made some useful progress. Had a good pep talk with OH who reminded me it's not the end of the world if it does go wrong, it's not like I need it for a job next week ?

luckyoldme

Visit site
If its any consolation i can distinctly remember that feeling..and i do between 2000 to 3000k a week now in an artic...you need the bad days to make you concentrate ..and a bad day on lessons is a good thing because you know where you need to pay extra attention.
Good luck for friday !

Ossy2

Visit site
I did mine about 10 years ago, definitely reverse parking as I think someone else said it’s the first thing I had to do at the test centre and the first impression I gave. Then best tip I can give is don’t drive it like you have horses in the back, you must be seen as “making good progress” be decisive at junctions/roundabouts etc and need to show good acceleration.
Interesting about the manual/auto thing I remember in mine one of the movements was showing you could go up and down the gear box successfully it did have a split gearbox so a little different than a car.