I'm not saying I'm the only one capeable of dealing with him.............

Queenbee

Visit site
But I do wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who would want to deal with him.

Been thinking alot about Herbie lately. Had some comments from people I know asking why I keep him or when am I going to sell him on. Also been thinking alot about the thread I posted just before xmas when I got slated for calling him "The horrid one"
I am keeping Herbie forever. after all he's been through I just couldn't pass him on but I have been thinking worst case sinario and what if I couldn't keep him anymore. :eek:

Quick background for those who don't know Herbies story

[youtube]MfFtecxiKp0[/youtube]

Anyway I was just wondering if there were any mad people out there like me who would actualy want a pony like Herbie bearing in mind.

1. He is still unpredictable to ride and handle and probably always will be so he will never be sutable as a childs pony.

2. His tempermant and afew of his bad habits mean he couldn't be a driving pony.

3. He can't be a companion pony as he is agressive twords other horses and HAS to have a field of his own. (I don't just mean he is abit mean he is honestly proper agressive to anything that goes in his field except for he. He chases the dogs and the otherday I even saw him trying to stamp on a little bird that had landed in his field :eek: )

4. He is only about 12.2hh, 13hh max.

The list could go on and on with all his little querks.

Don't get me wrong I love him so much, more than anyone could ever understand and we have come along way from the pony he was the day he arrived. But it's a very long slow road to recovery after all his been through.

Please no harsh comments or crit I don't need it thankyou. I'm just genuinly wondering if there others like me out there who have ponies like him and keep them forever.

For all the Herbie fans out there here's a video I made for him at the weekend. Everytime I hear this song I think of Herbie and I ;)

[youtube]-vY_KYoSb5Y[/youtube]
:D:D:D

I love herbie, I didn't see the thread before xmas, but fwiw, three of my horses have been nicknamed:

The Killer
The Devil
The Beast

And one pony my friend owned I nicknamed scar face... the sweetest little pony in the world :D

Abbeygale

Visit site
Laura - as I said on the previous thread, you've done a wonderful job and just ignore the haters!

My mare is extremely opinionated about who is permitted to ride her. I am very honoured to be permitted, and she likes my RI too, but everyone else can go whistle as far as she's concerned. But then I think much of the problem with other people riding her is that they don't listen when she is telling them something. I've had my girl 9 years this year - and we *still* have our ups and downs, but on the whole we've a team established now. I trust her to carry me and look after me, and she trusts me that if I say it's ok to go somewhere she will go. She is, of course, a chestnut mare (!!!) but is incredibly honest about life. She wears her heart on her sleeve, but woe betide anyone that doesn't listen when she tells you something lol :)

I think neither me or her suffer fools gladly ;)