I'm so proud!!!!!!!!!!!

Queenbee

Visit site
I'm incredibly tired and off to bed... Photos will follow but I know a lot of you have been following Ben and I in our run up to royal Cornwall. And you all know that we had our first show last Saturday, he was too nuts to show then so I walked out of the ring and a number of people questioned the mentality of taking Ben to a county show when he blew his brains locally! Even I considered pulling out on Sunday.

I will put a more detailed update with pics tomorrow, but exhausted.com!!!! From the second we stepped off the trailer to the moment we left... Ben was exceptional! He lunged better than at home (and he is pretty good there) I rode him Wednesday evening... He was fantastic , then had his bath.... When I checked on him at 10 he was sleeping... I curled up on the floor and hand fed him.. He was so chilled. I rode him again this morning, he was more sparky but after working him forward he relaxed and worked so well again. His hocks were manky again so needed a scrub and chalk:rolleyes: and my groom didn't turn up or even ring so I had more to do, I didn't sew his plaits but they looked better than last week and I put 9 not 11 in. we did 2 leading sessions. For sure, his highest jinx was was in the collecting ring (next to which they were doing a shooting demo:eek::eek:, and then in the ring... He was a bit fractious and bucked as we walked away from the judge, but the judge was really great and very understanding. We did come fifth out of five but that was incredibly fair... I had to keep a tight hold on him in trot as his energy was still high, but we made it through the entire class, and I would say he was a million times better than Saturday! Simply couldn't fault him other than the buck for the whole two days!

He loaded for the road home,and when I turned him out... He made it about 10 steps into the field before rolling:p:p

My baby was so fantastic I almost cried a number of times.

Hedgewitch and Madfour stopped me to ask if I was qb and this was Ben, it was simply a fantastic two days and he worked so flipping well under saddle that we are going to do the ridden class at stithians in a month.

Pics tomorrow guys but an incredibly well behaved and positive two days :D

And mums op went absolutely to plan xx

be positive

Visit site
:D :D well done you and Ben, you must be exhausted, nice glass of wine and an early night required. Look forward to photos tomorrow.

Pleased the op went well.

Hoopsa

Visit site
Many, many congratulations! He will have learnt so much from his outing and will be an old pro next time out!
Isn't it annoying that there is always something terrifying near the collecting ring at lots of County Shows!
Looking forward to your pics tomorrow.

Queenbee

Visit site
Thank you everyone... Yes he learnt so very much! He has a day off tomorrow, a massage on Saturday and a chilled hack on Sunday :) I've been close to tears so many times these last two days... Very tired, lots of pride feelings (for his beautiful attitude) lots of loss feelings (for ebony). Kind of feel shell shocked, incredibly glad we went. Was so good for him and I've never done anything like this.

Would also say that everyone was so lovely, I think there is more competition and snobbery at a local level. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, i had a BBQ waiting last night from neighbours I'd never met after I'd bathed him, and Ben, well it was incredibly special to be able to sit with him on the stable floor and hand feed him and cuddle him last night.

Whatever happens In the future, these last two days are etched in my memory.

And one last incredibly weird thing, my number from Saturday and my number from today.... Both 268!!!!!!

Queenbee

Visit site
Absolutely well done!!
Thank you :D:D

Couldn't be more proud if I'd won the class and the supreme! Such a difference, last weekend I didn't even feel safe with getting on his back at the show,

This weekend has also strengthened our bond significantly, I have so much more faith and trust in him... It's just been fan bloody tastic!

suffolkmare

Visit site
Congratulations, lovely to hear how proud you feel and strengthened your bonds too, :D. The bit about the shooting demo sounds typical, we were supporting our instructor at the Suffolk show, in a side-saddle class, mixed ages with at least 1 junior, and just as they came in a marching band with flags appeared from behind the trees and struck up their instruments :eek: not too clever of the organisers :mad:, luckily everyone managed to exit the ring without too many problems, till the band had passed by!

Queenbee

Visit site
Fantastic! Well done both and a frillie to boot :D:D

Sadly no frillie :( they only place up to fourth in classes of under ten. There should have been 9 in our class and only 5 made it, pretty worrying as 9 is a significant drop from normal levels anyway... This turnout was echoed across the other classes too. Ribbons wise, I'm so not bothered. I'm proud as punch as I am :D

Mongoose11

Visit site
Ahhhh **** and there was most of Hho wanting Ben to have lost it, gone nuts and trampled someone's prize llama :rolleyes: how you disappoint us QB. No further drama to be squeezed out of this saga.

What use to us are you now? ;)

Queenbee

Visit site
Well done, let us know what class you are doing at Stithians as I will br there:)

Ridden skewbald and piebald and possibly local hunter class, was considering in hand skewbald and piebald but there is a possibility of it clashing with the ridden class.

Lolo

Visit site
I'll admit, I was a doubter after your Sunday report but you certainly proved me wrong and I'm so pleased!!! Massive well done to you and Ben, and I'm glad your mum's op went well too. You deserve a mega glass of Pimms now :D

Queenbee

Visit site
Ahhhh **** and there was most of Hho wanting Ben to have lost it, gone nuts and trampled someone's prize llama :rolleyes: how you disappoint us QB. No further drama to be squeezed out of this saga.

What use to us are you now? ;)

You are both stars. Well done! :)

I know... I feel so ashamed:eek::(:( so sorry to have let you all down!;). I know it was a gamble though, an entirely different show, but I was blown away but the calm atmosphere there from start to finish... So much less highly charged than the small but busy local show the other day. I'm secretly glad that I saw two HHO people, well three if you count Twizzle who was working photographing all the stunning horses. If they weren't there and able to acknowledge how good he was I doubt anyone would have believed me... I wouldn't have!

Right, falling asleep here! Not long before I am out for the count!

Queenbee

Visit site
I'll admit, I was a doubter after your Sunday report but you certainly proved me wrong and I'm so pleased!!! Massive well done to you and Ben, and I'm glad your mum's op went well too. You deserve a mega glass of Pimms now :D

Lolo.. As I said on Sunday I seriously considered pulling out myself:eek:. It could have gone either way and if he couldn't have coped we would not have asked him too, we would have left on Wednesday if needs be. Yes he behaved like a dude:D but even I didn't expect just how good it would be... I just too him along, gave him lots of praise and handling, but its ben who proved us wrong! What a boy! And thank you x (p.s. have had a couple of glasses of vino!)

Brilliant thread :D so happy for you!! Glad Ben was a good boy and you had a fantastic outing! :)

Thank you :D