I'm such an idiot....

SillySausage

Visit site
Been at work on the boats all day and decided to go and ride with another lady on the yard tonight.

First of all, the others noticed I had 'caught the sun', i looked in the mirror and I have a clear line down my face - yes I burnt HALF my face!

Then, having caught the horses and boasted about my newly cleaned bridle I put my saddle on to discover I had forgotten my stirrup leathers!

I went for a two hour hack with no stirrups - I know it's good for your position bla bla bla - but it bloo*y hurts after a while!

Not only that but we bumped into 9 other people on horses, how stupid must I have looked!

Am now sat on the sofa feeling hot, sore and sorry for myself
tongue.gif
crazy.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
!

3Beasties

Visit site
Ouch, Hugs to you!

If I had forgotten my stirrup leathers there would definitely have been no riding for me, Charlie is far to uncomfortable!
crazy.gif
blush.gif

Walrus

Visit site
Don't know about idiot but I'm just very impressed that you hacked for 2 hours without stirrups, you must have a lovely horse - if i tried that on the one I ride I'd be headfirst in the hedge!

howengold

Visit site
oh dear...I am sorry but I did chuckle...thankgod I am not the only one to do daft things....and those are just two of the things I have done in the past!!

SillySausage

Visit site
Yes luckily she is fairly comfy... but I wasn't going to drive all of the way to the yard and not ride!

She is very spooky, but luckily I have very long legs and a neckstrap to hold on to
tongue.gif
Although at one point when I wasn't holding my reins she jumped into the hedge as none of us had heard the bike behind us ...
crazy.gif

I'm very impressed with myself as I didn't walk all of the way round, and trotted and cantered!