I'm torn between clydesdale or RID - your views please.

Rollin

Visit site
cb lover, I have not been on this forum for a while. I thought you had purchased an RID sometime last year? I seem to remember it was a young horse. Did the sale go ahead and how did you get on?

Rollin

Visit site
I have just looked back at your old post cb lover. In October 2015 you announced you were the proud owner of a 3 YO Irish Draft. What happened? Then you bought a Clydesdale.

What advice are you seeking on this forum out of interest? How did you get on with your ID and Clydesdale both of which I love even though I am a real CB Lover, I have 6 pure bred and two part bred Cleveland Bays.

cblover

Visit site
Hiya Rollin, I'm here to answer your question. You seem quite insistent on getting a reply. Yes you are right I did get a RID but sadly after a old shoulder injury flare up she went back to her breeder and we remain friends. I then bought a pure clydesdale mare in December and she was perfect. Sadly and very tragically she suffered a bleed in her spinal cord and it caused paralysis. I lost her at the end of Jan. So yes you could say I've suffered some back luck recently.

Question answered!!!

Irish gal

Visit site
What size horse are you looking for? You say not too big but a clyde could be? Would you consider at all a draught cross, far more of them around and some big strapping ones too. As long as they have the mind of the draught, that's the most important bit in terms of being sensible.

Pilib

Visit site
I can only comment on my experience of ID's. My ID is a dream come true, he's forward going but safe, he's green but learns so quickly it's untrue, it makes him a pleasure to ride. He's big and didn't have the best manners when he came to me but these are improving with lots of consistent handling. I would never have another breed of horse now. I am so excited about we might achieve together. X

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I can only comment on my experience of ID's. My ID is a dream come true, he's forward going but safe, he's green but learns so quickly it's untrue, it makes him a pleasure to ride. He's big and didn't have the best manners when he came to me but these are improving with lots of consistent handling. I would never have another breed of horse now. I am so excited about we might achieve together. X

I had one IdxTb now another youngster( 5) hoping to jump when ready and aged - tonight she jumped the gate from a stand still 4ft 2. Boy am I going to have fun with her.