Impressive protection from a PAS 015:2011 helmet

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Last edited:

AFB

Visit site
I was gobsmacked when I saw FD racing in a KEP a couple of weeks ago. That's about the last thing I'd be putting on my head!!

Flicker

Visit site
Phenomenal level of protection.

Im just going to use this opportunity to remind everyone that, while a hat provides necessary (and in this case impressive) protection from injury to your head, it cannot protect your brain from the damage that may result from the forces flinging it around inside your skull. Please remember if you suffer any injury to your head or face, even if you look ok, you really need to seek urgent medical advice. Concussion is a brain injury and leaves the brain very vulnerable to permanent damage if further injury occurs.

teapot

Visit site
What I want to know is whether the stud was in there quite literally (becaus if so I have questions!) or just for demonstration purposes to fill the hole?

LK was lucky to come away with concussion and a broken nose, and wasn't even jumping a grand prix height class either...

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
What I want to know is whether the stud was in there quite literally (becaus if so I have questions!) or just for demonstration purposes to fill the hole?

Of course! Silly me, the stud was just to demonstrate how the hole was made. Dohhh!

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question but are those KEP hats not very good then?
I just use the 70 quid Champion ones so have no idea of these expensive brands ?

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I am literally ecstatic that I ended up buying the CO 4Star helmet this time...I was green at the price but looking at the Ayr8 here, which has the same safety standards, I think it's safe to say I'm pleased with my purchase..!!!!! ???????

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question but are those KEP hats not very good then?
I just use the 70 quid Champion ones so have no idea of these expensive brands ?

They say that it is part of the safety of the hat, and a design feature, that it disintegrates on the first impact. So if you get trodden on twice, like in this case, or dragged, then you're a basket case or dead, basically.

I'm with you in the Champions, but if your head is small enough, buy kids ones and avoid the VAT :)