In shock... I can't believe my pony's gone.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I read this earlier, and as hubs and I were out with Shy and the dog this afternoon, I was looking at all pheasant feeders and was thinking of your poor lad, sending vibes up to him. My lads stops at all of them knowing there's food in them. I have no idea how - smell i guess. Shy once got out into the feed shed where there was a bag of unsoaked beet, and the only thing that stopped him getting to it was sheer luck. I've never used the stuff since.

I am so very sorry, a terrible accident. (((((((((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))))))))))). sm x

LauraWheeler

Visit site
I'm so very sorry for your loss I know there is nothing I can say right now to make you feel better so wanted to send you big ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))).

Lucy will look after him up there.

RIP Beautiful Kai. Run free. xx

HazyXmas

Visit site
I'm so,so sorry to read this, it's utterly tragic :-(

Why do they do these things? One of our mares managed to get into the feed room this evening, luckily i spotted her from across the field & she had only a couple of minutes stuffing high fibre nuts before i turfed her out. They really do have very little common sense.

He was a stunning boy & as other's have said, at least you were there with him & able to end his suffering.

Big hugs to you.

Elsbells

Visit site
I never realised just how dangerous those little plastic barrels are and we have loads of them!

A sad, sad waste of such a beautiful boy. My heart goes out to you.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
So sorry to hear this, hoping you have something in that hot choc to stiffen it up a bit :(

Such a freak accident, horses do the silliest things (on of ours got into a sack of concrete powder) and at least you know you were about to lessen his suffering although I bet that not much of a condolence ATM :(

Starzaan

Visit site
Thank you all so so much. I can't believe how many of you have written kind words for him, it means a lot - thank you.

It was typical of him to do something like eat himself to death. He was the most wonderful boy. Nothing phased him - I've never known such an un-spookable horse in my life! I'm a bit too tearful to write very much about him now, but I will put some photos up because he really was one of the most beautiful horses I've ever seen. He had South America on his right shoulder...

188438_10150114231845728_5349449_n.jpg

kai1.jpg

kaifoal.jpg

kaifoal2.jpg

248263_10150194895005728_7020541_n.jpg

223117_210348178989595_6133035_n.jpg