Info needed - Livery gone bad

Apizz2019

Visit site
It can be hard for the police to get evidence to arrest these individuals so they think they are above the law but not responding to a 999 call is ridiculous. This guy sounds like he needs some intervention before he kills someone.

They could have all the evidence they need if they wanted to take this seriously.

Cctv at her workplace, cctv at the garage and cctv at the livery yard.... Plus witnesses - multiple witnesses!

What more do they need as proof that he clearly didn't listen to them and heed their warning.

In my opinion, its small fry, he said she sadi, because they cannot be bothered to investigate.

I could half understand if it was he said, she said but it's there, should they want it!

Charley657

Visit site
They could have all the evidence they need if they wanted to take this seriously.

Cctv at her workplace, cctv at the garage and cctv at the livery yard.... Plus witnesses - multiple witnesses!

What more do they need as proof that he clearly didn't listen to them and heed their warning.

In my opinion, its small fry, he said she sadi, because they cannot be bothered to investigate.

I could half understand if it was he said, she said but it's there, should they want it!

Yes sadly I hadn't read the whole thread when I replied with that comment. Its a disgrace how your friend has been treated and the very reason why women do not report men like him because nothing gets done. Women end up being glad it stops or take steps to evade rather than go through the formal process because they are aware that the law gives him more rights in many respects, especially when it comes to court.

I hope your friends complaint is upheld but I have my doubts the most you can say is at least he is in the system.

DSB

Visit site
There has just been a court case in Australia,the man was offering farm work to "backpackers",then pressuring them into having sex etc.The farm was remote,some girls had no means of escape.
he was found guilty,not sure if he has been sentanced yit.
In todays paper,he has been sentanced to 9 years gaol,to serve 6 before possibility of parole.
Also will become a registered "sex offender" on release.

Flicker

Visit site
Slightly off topic but what's with all the toxic masculinity stereotypes? I know plenty of males who don't like confrontation or physical violence. Why is it assumed that all/any male should go round to "sort things out" and to not behave like that is a failing and lack of "being a man"?

OP really feel for your friend. She is doing the right thing calling 101 to log every time this man harasses her. If he steps onto her property or threatens her (verbally or by his presence) she should call 999. Police have to respond to 999 calls.
I was thinking this too. My OH would be struck off the medical register if he assaulted anyone. Plus, I’ve known a situation where the daughter of a work colleague got into a very abusive relationship with an absolute psycho. If her dad and brother had tried to take this guy on they would have been killed for sure. The OP has already said the farmer has access to shotguns - are we really suggesting it is a good idea to send people onto his property to confront him??

I'm Dun

Visit site
I was thinking this too. My OH would be struck off the medical register if he assaulted anyone. Plus, I’ve known a situation where the daughter of a work colleague got into a very abusive relationship with an absolute psycho. If her dad and brother had tried to take this guy on they would have been killed for sure. The OP has already said the farmer has access to shotguns - are we really suggesting it is a good idea to send people onto his property to confront him??

Hes also got a pack of enormous and switched on german shepherds. They roam free around his house, so you wouldnt get to him anyway.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It can be hard for the police to get evidence to arrest these individuals so they think they are above the law but not responding to a 999 call is ridiculous. This guy sounds like he needs some intervention before he kills someone.

It would be easier to gather evidence if they actually took statements from witnesses!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yes sadly I hadn't read the whole thread when I replied with that comment. Its a disgrace how your friend has been treated and the very reason why women do not report men like him because nothing gets done. Women end up being glad it stops or take steps to evade rather than go through the formal process because they are aware that the law gives him more rights in many respects, especially when it comes to court.

I hope your friends complaint is upheld but I have my doubts the most you can say is at least he is in the system.

The law doesn't actually give the man more rights but unfortunately, in many cases the police do because they do not follow the correct legal process.

Apizz2019

Visit site

No problem, it is a very long thread ?

Agree, one can only hope its taken seriously!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Any man who thinks that this is an acceptable thing to do to women needs a serious man to man talk with someone. It’s always after the fact that women get help, it’s disgusting that you have to make a complaint to get someone to take you seriously.

This should have been stamped on from the get go, there needs to be a serious reform of the justice system in this country and we need our police force restored. They are getting more and more powerless and eventually people will start just taking things to themselves.

He’d have got his licks round about here that’s for sure, rural or not someone would have had a word, yes folk can argue that you shouldn’t take the law into your own hands. However after being left the way I have after a man decided that the rules didn’t apply I have very very little regard for the justice system in the UK.

Last edited:

ginatina

Visit site
Hi, I'm late to this thread but firstly wanted to say well done to Apizz2019 for writing this here and helping your friend. You are wonderful!

What's so so shocking is that this man has clearly been operating in this way for a LONG time, and that indications are that he's getting *worse*.

There have been a number of high-profile cases recently of similarly deranged men conducting harassment, threats, violence and stalking, and the police not taking it seriously, only for the man to go on to murder a woman.

I appreciate your frustrations with the police; they are over-worked and don't take this kind of stuff seriously, over and over and over again. It's disgusting but it's not going to change without us kicking up a *huge* fuss.

(What makes me extra furious is that my Father in law, an ex-police officer, has recently had trouble from an ASBO neighbour, but certainly a lot less bad than the case you describe. The police could not have been more helpful - it seems that if something is reported by a man, and an ex-cop, then they can find the resources after all.)

You've clearly got a lot of evidence and witnesses ready to contribute, so..

Can i suggest a few courses of action to take?

-Ask each person who is remotely connected to this case to report it to the police *separately*. Ask each of them to lay on as many examples of incidents/messages etc as they can. Any unconnected witnesses (say at her workplace) would be extra helpful.
- Approach the regional newspaper and tell them you have yet another example of the Police not taking a case of harassment seriously. Tell the police you have been in contact with the newspaper.
- make a complaint here https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/complaints-reviews-and-appeals/make-complaint

If anyone else has ideas as to how we can amplify the case against this awful man, it would be great to hear them

Apizz2019

Visit site
Any man who thinks that this is an acceptable thing to do to women needs a serious man to man talk with someone. It’s always after the fact that women get help, it’s disgusting that you have to make a complaint to get someone to take you seriously.

This should have been stamped on from the get go, there needs to be a serious reform of the justice system in this country and we need our police force restored. They are getting more and more powerless and eventually people will start just taking things to themselves.

He’d have got his licks round about here that’s for sure, rural or not someone would have had a word, yes folk can argue that you shouldn’t take the law into your own hands. However after being left the way I have after a man decided that the rules didn’t apply I have very very little regard for the justice system in the UK.

So hard isn't it but I think my friend is the most sensible of the two of us.

I 100% respect her wishes and won't do anything that could potentially inflame the situation and given that all has now gone quiet, I hope this will all die a speedy death.

I'm sorry to hear you've been through a similar situation and hope all is okay now.

Apizz2019

Visit site
Hi, I'm late to this thread but firstly wanted to say well done to Apizz2019 for writing this here and helping your friend. You are wonderful!

What's so so shocking is that this man has clearly been operating in this way for a LONG time, and that indications are that he's getting *worse*.

There have been a number of high-profile cases recently of similarly deranged men conducting harassment, threats, violence and stalking, and the police not taking it seriously, only for the man to go on to murder a woman.

I appreciate your frustrations with the police; they are over-worked and don't take this kind of stuff seriously, over and over and over again. It's disgusting but it's not going to change without us kicking up a *huge* fuss.

(What makes me extra furious is that my Father in law, an ex-police officer, has recently had trouble from an ASBO neighbour, but certainly a lot less bad than the case you describe. The police could not have been more helpful - it seems that if something is reported by a man, and an ex-cop, then they can find the resources after all.)

You've clearly got a lot of evidence and witnesses ready to contribute, so..

Can i suggest a few courses of action to take?

-Ask each person who is remotely connected to this case to report it to the police *separately*. Ask each of them to lay on as many examples of incidents/messages etc as they can. Any unconnected witnesses (say at her workplace) would be extra helpful.
- Approach the regional newspaper and tell them you have yet another example of the Police not taking a case of harassment seriously. Tell the police you have been in contact with the newspaper.
- make a complaint here https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/complaints-reviews-and-appeals/make-complaint

If anyone else has ideas as to how we can amplify the case against this awful man, it would be great to hear them

Thanks so much! I hate to see her like this and if it were not for the fact that he's done this previously, I'd happily pay the monies she doesn't owe, just to keep him quiet.

I really wanted and had hoped someone on here had also been through a similar situation and my post, without giving away too much info, might spur someone to contact me who we don't already know about.

She's awaiting the outcome of the case review but thanks so much for your suggestions, I will definetly pass on to her.

I fully appreciate the police have their hands full, it must be an extremely challenging job and I know they're very low on the ground. It's just a shame for those who these types of incidents will result in injury, physical and/or emotional, and at worst case death at the hands of the perpetrator.

If only we had a crystal ball to see which incidents of this nature will end up being worse case scenario.

It really is a case of the police playing with life and death!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
From what I gather, each incident of physical threats or violence needs to be reported first-hand. And no amount of outside 'help' counts or is taken into consideration, not even if the original incident is linked to you in some way. Not sure about murder though.

Apizz2019

Visit site
This is so awful - I'm so sorry for your friend. Considering a poor girl was murdered at her yard by a stalked she'd repeatedly reported to the police just this year, you'd think the police would be more switched on about it!!!

You'd think so but I sometimes think it's easier to blame the victim and treat women as hysterical drama queen's, than address the issue.