Info on permanent Tracheotomy please....

Ruby's Mum

Visit site
Well we've been given the go ahead to start exercise. My vet says "lots of hacks in walk and go gentle and build her up slowly". Go gentle??? Took her out this evening for her first hack....definitely more energy. Going out she was like a coiled spring...pranced all the way home, knees touching her nose! Thinking Ruby feels good....

How fabulous, she is obviously feeling well in herself, lovely to hear. xx

scats

Visit site
Well we've been given the go ahead to start exercise. My vet says "lots of hacks in walk and go gentle and build her up slowly". Go gentle??? Took her out this evening for her first hack....definitely more energy. Going out she was like a coiled spring...pranced all the way home, knees touching her nose! Thinking Ruby feels good....

This is super news!

Lady Ruby

Visit site
Time will tell as to how much work she will be able to cope with. 3 weeks of walking to build her up slowly before introducing trot...will keep you all updated.

Lady Ruby

Visit site
Ruby has now done 10 days of hacking out in walk for about 50 mins and is showing good progress. One day she did struggle but unfortunately we misjudged temperature and actually managed to get hottest part of that day (this was at 8am!!). She has always struggled in warm weather so I try to ride early mornings or late evenings but this particular day it got very warm half way on ride. But she is keen and eager on rides and happy in herself. This weekend I will increase the hacks up to 1hr 15/30 in walk for 10 days and then introduce some trot. All is going well, hole is looking lovely and she sounds like a steam train walking up hills haha...love my girl

Lady Ruby

Visit site
Ester...if you would like to message me your email address, I will take some pics tomorrow of hole as it is now. If you're happy to put on here as I'm being dopey and can't seem to get them on!!! I won't share the early pics as some are pretty gruesome, interesting tho, but yuk! Thanks x

Marmaduke

Visit site
Had scope didnt show any abnormalities except spots on larynx indicating an immune response to something. Vet didnt think a concern. So still not really any wiser. Horse still lethargic at times particularly in canter. Hes fighting something but wish i knew what! Lots of vitamin E and wait and see.😥