Insurance emporium

Jayzee

Visit site
Evening,

I think I possibly know the answer to this question but ..........

I know the company is underwritten by E&L which is not ideal. Normal I do not insure but with a new loan horse I need to insure him. I have looked at a few different options but a couple of insurers would require a vetting which isn't going to happen, or astronomical prices.

Has anyone insured with insurance emporium and had a good experience eg, made a claim and they have payed out?

Thanks

Michen

Visit site
They have been excellent for me so far. Very quick and efficient too on the communications, far better than Shearwater have been.

willowblack

Visit site
I have been using them for years and have two self harmers that are quite partial to a vet visit ? never ever had an issue with them paying out and that includes at least one claim for the maximum amount.

whizzer

Visit site
I insured with them 3 years ago with a new horse,I'd become wary of petplan after they'd messed me around with a previous horse. I went through a broker who recommended them & said they had no issues with them not paying out,I've yet to make a claim though...(probably tempted fate now!)

ihatework

Visit site
I’ve taken a gamble with them and made one claim and they were surprisingly efficient. I’d always want back up funds available for E&L though

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
They’ve been very good with our older horse who had a nightmare year and had three separate claims for around the maximum amount. They paid the vets directly and didn’t quibble.

However they’ve been a bit less helpful with our new horse - they’ve be put on a couple of exclusions which the vetting vet thought were unwarranted but despite him arguing our case wouldn’t budge. Touch wood so far this hasn’t been a problem.. she had an accident four days after she arrived and they paid out for emergency vet visit, sedation, stitching etc again very quickly.