Introducing Lindeza (lin-day-za)

Sam_J

Visit site
So today I had the absolute pleasure of going to meet Ludo and Lindeza. It will come as no surprise when I say that they are two absolutely stunning horses, whose photos do not do them justice. (In case you can't tell, I was absolutely smitten by them both!)

They are very 'people friendly' and were keen for attention, but not in a pushy or bolshy way - in fact there was a lovely softness about them both. Ludo in particular was happy to stand and accept whatever scratches or attention I wanted to give (quite a lot - he's hard to resist!). Deza was a little more reserved - which is understandable given that she's not been there for 2 weeks yet - but is amazingly settled for such a short time in her new home and was equally happy to have strokes and scratches. All in all, it was a lovely afternoon and I'm so happy for YCBM that she has such fabulous horses that I can't even bring myself to be jealous :D If I can work out how to do it, I'll post some photos - although my camera skills are sadly lacking!

Attachments

• Ludo.Deza2.jpg
    Ludo.Deza2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 175

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Ludo really did love you! And Deza showed a possessive steak that I haven't seen before, driving him away from me to get my attention for herself :)

She was very, very naughty when I rode this morning ?. She walked backwards from the steps, forwards from the steps, and it took, ooh, five or six attempts until she stood like a rock for me to get on. She really is the sweetest, easiest horse I have ever trained from almost nothing. We have a reliable up and down between walk, trot and canter, both reins, I can send her forward and steady her back in all paces, and on our first attempt at leg yield (required before we can hack on a narrow road) I got a move off my leg in both directions. What a little darling she is.

Ludo thinks so too, I caught the pair of them kissing and cuddling when I went to get them this morning. I'm so pleased for him, Muffin wasn't a friendly horse who would mutual groom.

Still shaking my head how I ended up in this situation.

Shady

Visit site
Not me! . I absolutely love markings like this. I 'd be planting kisses all over it, whether he liked it or not ! Ludo is one of my favourite horses on here
But look at the little kissy spot on Deza. Just perfect for smooches too.
( I feel I must add that my horse likes me sucking his nostrils......he does, honest:D

Shady

Visit site
Ludo really did love you! And Deza showed a possessive steak that I haven't seen before, driving him away from me to get my attention for herself :)

She was very, very naughty when I rode this morning ?. She walked backwards from the steps, forwards from the steps, and it took, ooh, five or six attempts until she stood like a rock for me to get on. She really is the sweetest, easiest horse I have ever trained from almost nothing. We have a reliable up and down between walk, trot and canter, both reins, I can send her forward and steady her back in all paces, and on our first attempt at leg yield (required before we can hack on a narrow road) I got a move off my leg in both directions. What a little darling she is.

Ludo thinks so too, I caught the pair of them kissing and cuddling when I went to get them this morning. I'm so pleased for him, Muffin wasn't a friendly horse who would mutual groom.

Still shaking my head how I ended up in this situation.

That is so Spanish! You belong to her!
She was probably getting her own back this morning too!!.

ycbm

Visit site
What colour was Ludo as a youngster? Really fascinating colour he is now!

image1-2-jpg.49654

He was lighter than this when I bought him but I didn't expect him to go white with flecks!

Attachments

• image1~2.JPG
    image1~2.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 577

ycbm

Visit site
Dear Lord, the cutest baby horse ever! Have you had him since he was a baby?

I bought him when he was 2, after he had impregnated 7 mares at a local low end stud. They decided he would be wasted to keep as their second stallion and wanted to see him out doing stuff. I found out after buying him that they are friends of my best friend so I know this is genuine. They still ask for updates.. I only bought him for his spots, that is not a joke. I could see he was a good horse, but I had no idea how good, I only saw him in the field with his mares. He is an awesome ride.

He looked as if he might make 15.2. Then I had him gelded, and he is now approaching 16.2 ?

I absolutely love him, and he is a terrific contrast with Deza.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Where was this thread?! How did I miss it?! I've been waiting for it ?

It's so great that you found Deza and it is going so well. I, too, thought it was, um, just exaggerated when people would say a Spanish horse is like no other horse, but then I got one and now I know it truly is.

Your experiences remind me of my current gelding since I've been his only rider since he was backed. He is very watchful, always watching me and interested in me. He's also the type that could be in the middle of a war zone and not spook, but God forbid a blade of grass looks at him the wrong way ?

You're living my dream out there with a nice PRE and your handsome spotted fellow in such a beautiful landscape!

Trouper

Visit site
Well it has taken me half the morning to catch up with this thread when I should be doing chores.:rolleyes: Such a lovely, lovely story with a happy ending - or should that be a beginning. There is an old military maxim that says "no plan survives contact with the enemy" - and your plan certainly didn't survive contact with the current horse market so it is such a good job that Muffin and Fate were on the case to sort it all out!!!
She is a lucky girl to have found you - you both seem to be meeting a need in each other which is wonderful. Keep the reports coming - I am learning such a lot about the PRE world. I just would not want HHO'ers doing my shopping for me!!

Bernster

Visit site
I wondered why I’d only just seen this thread but it’s got a million replies already. Love ludo’s markings and how he’s changed, so his stripe actually seems to be the last of his blaze?

NLPM

Visit site
Welcome to a lifelong PRE addiction! They are exceptional in personality and to ride. Enjoy! She is beautiful and give you lots of cause to smile, I've no doubt!

They do have a habit of falling into your lap at the right moment... My first PRE did the same. So sorry to hear about Muffin.

Ceriann

Visit site
She is absolutely stunning but so is he - another one that missed this thread. I have always been very envious of the barn you have - if I was doing my yard again that’s what I’d have. You’ll have loads of fun with your mare over summer.

oldie48

Visit site
I have completely missed this thread! Your new mare is lovely, how lucky you were to find her and doesn't fate intervene in our search for a suitable horse! Wishing you many many years of happiness and fun with her.