Introducing Mr Darcy

Vixxy

Visit site
Well after 7 months since selling Ollie finally I have found Mr Right :D

I bought him from a UK dealer who imported him from Ireland, he is an Irish Draught and 4 yrs old. Mr Darcy has been with us now for 2 months, I have just started to back him and he is an absolute star. I have finally changed my signature (long over due)!

I will be doing before and after pics as we progress, I hope you all like him and the new sig x

RubysGold

Visit site
He's lovely :D
Will look forward to updates, and before and afters.
Wish you lots of years of fun together :D

Harper_gal: That comment made me laugh :)

Three

Visit site
Can you please post some 'now' pics - or some before ones - my eyes are fading as I get older and older and it's hard to see him properly in your lovely new siggy! :D

Vixxy

Visit site
Well I bought him unvetted, untried over the internet and via a short phone call to the dealer. I paid for him after phonecall via bank transfer and had him transported to Norway at the end of that week. I spent months of searching, having horses tried by professional riders then vetted and none of the sales actually came off for one reason or another. With Mr Darcy I went with my gut instinct and it paid off :)

I had the vet look him over when he arrived, he had his jabs, I wormed him, EDT came out to remove two broken wolf teeth. He is an absolute star both on the ground and in training.

I am planning to do low level dressage with him and I am also hoping he will do some local jumping :)

Vixxy

Visit site
MrDarcy.jpg
[/IMG]

One of the pics I had from the dealer

This is Mr Darcy this past week

darc1.jpg

darc2.jpg

darc4.jpg

backing.jpg

hadfos

Visit site
He is going to look amazing when he has filled out...Big guy :) Can see from the pic he has taken well to being sat on,is he carrying on that laid back attitude when you move off?x

Vixxy

Visit site
Do you know his breeding?What is it like over there for competitions?:D x

Sadly not sure of his breeding as he is not registered, I went out and looked for an Irish Draught with a good amount of bone to carry me around until I get back into shape after illness.

Competitions locally are easy to win as not many entrants lol!

hadfos

Visit site
Sadly not sure of his breeding as he is not registered, I went out and looked for an Irish Draught with a good amount of bone to carry me around until I get back into shape after illness.

Competitions locally are easy to win as not many entrants lol!

Lol...have you room for a lodger,little competition is what me and my boy need,lmao :D
Have to say i do like the ID's,their natures are second to none :) x

Vixxy

Visit site
He is going to look amazing when he has filled out...Big guy :) Can see from the pic he has taken well to being sat on,is he carrying on that laid back attitude when you move off?x

So far this week I have just sat on him and fiddled around up there a little bit, the moving off is yet to come :p We will see! Slowly, slowly and all that :) I think I am a little nuts to start a horse when I have not ridden for errrm 7/8 months, not even sat on a horse in all that time! Plus I am a little rusty due to the weight I put on when I was really ill. Could be interesting ;)

He is a big chap he is 16.1 now and doing the old leadrope test I think he will get up to around 17hh when he has finished :) He is currently wearing 7ft rugs :eek:

Three

Visit site
Thank you! Much better. :)

That head shot is lovely - he has a very kind eye.

And I love the fact the pony is standing casually under the tree as you lunge. :D

hadfos

Visit site
So far this week I have just sat on him and fiddled around up there a little bit, the moving off is yet to come :p We will see! Slowly, slowly and all that :) I think I am a little nuts to start a horse when I have not ridden for errrm 7/8 months, not even sat on a horse in all that time! Plus I am a little rusty due to the weight I put on when I was really ill. Could be interesting ;)

He is a big chap he is 16.1 now and doing the old leadrope test I think he will get up to around 17hh when he has finished :) He is currently wearing 7ft rugs :eek:

Slowly,slowly is good :),and No you are not a little nuts to start a horse :) confidence,patience and riding knowledge is all it takes,take it slowly and things will work out well :)..i had never fully backed a youngster until my guy,after 3yrs of not riding we did just fine as he was such a good boy and trusted me completely!x

Vixxy

Visit site
I am fairly knowledgeable on the starting youngsters as I kept my horses on a yard that started youngsters and re started 'problem' horses and ponies (yep I did all the naughty ponies that learnt bad tricks off spoilt kids lol). The yard was a showjumping yard and I learnt the hard way there.

So apart from the weight and rustiness everything else is all there. I really don't think he will be difficult as he is such a kind, giving and laid back chap :)

I think the bond starting a horse gives you is fantastic :) Well done you x

hadfos

Visit site
I am fairly knowledgeable on the starting youngsters as I kept my horses on a yard that started youngsters and re started 'problem' horses and ponies (yep I did all the naughty ponies that learnt bad tricks off spoilt kids lol). The yard was a showjumping yard and I learnt the hard way there.

So apart from the weight and rustiness everything else is all there. I really don't think he will be difficult as he is such a kind, giving and laid back chap :)

I think the bond starting a horse gives you is fantastic :) Well done you x

Thankyou :D No seriously i was just lucky to have a beautifully natured baby,lol :)(handled him from 8mnths old though,so probably made all the difference)!
Wish i had taken pics today though,little lad(8)in field with 16.3 beasty getting mobbed nicely for carrots,without mum present,lol :) Love my big guy!
Cant wait to see pictures of you both progressing,i so believe the saying Gentle Giants though..a 12.2 would give you more grief,lmao!x

Vixxy

Visit site
Looking good Vixxy! Seeming you're doing such a cracking job, you can nip over to England to do Rox for me next year! Go on, you know you want to! ;) xx

Wait to see how I get on with Mr Darcy first then ask lol :p I am a bit nervous of maahosive snow and ice studs and the bringing on over Winter part :eek:

Rudey

Visit site
Ah fresh thick snow will make a soft landing! ;) Nah, I jokes, no jinxing you allowed on this thread! You know my advice on everything, 'have a special coffee and all will be reeet!' xx ;)