Introducing Zach

Btomkins

Visit site
As promised on my last thread, I am posting an update now he’s been here over 24 hours and survived!

Well. What can I say? He’s better than I ever imagined and his halo has not slipped yet.

He needs a good dose of TLC and he’s covered in various scrapes and scratches, but I cannot fault his temperament. He’s as cool as a cucumber with everything thrown at him so far, very sweet and gentle for such a large horse.

He’s staying in at the moment whilst I sort out his worm situation and a bit of a quarantine period as he’s come from a ‘lower end’ dealers yard, and two weeks ago he was in Belgium. He’s very polite and enjoys his stable, even when the others go out and leave him alone he barely whickers. Thankfully he has a huge stable he can grow into ?

So far I have bathed and washed his tail, backend and legs (they were gross from his castration leakage ?), taken him for some nice wanders around the yard, he had a massive grain lorry let its air brakes off right outside his stable and he didn’t blink, he ties up and doesn’t budge, the list goes on. Oh, and I managed to pick out all four feet today as well. He obviously isn’t used to it and the balance is a bit wobbly but he’s more than happy to try and oblige. I can’t wait to get them properly sorted, I cringe every time I look at them.

I’m happy with his weight, in some lights he looks a bit lean but I don’t want too much weight on at this point. He’s on ad-lib hay, and a bucket feed of soaked grass nuts with a bit of linseed twice a day for his meds for his sore manly parts. Not sure he knew what a bucket feed was but he sure does now, his face lights up and those ears prick straight forwards!

Not sure what to do about his mane, he’s a bit itchy and has rubbed a good few sections out. His tail hasn’t been rubbed at all so I don’t think it’s anything a good scrub and some soothing cream won’t help.

Now for the good part, pictures:

8378C086-F2DE-4103-8D50-278CD62D8F07.jpeg48326701-2198-4E64-B70A-C399D714898A.jpeg920350D5-4609-4901-BF19-789D29AE5A62.jpeg

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Oh my, he’s gorgeous! That bum! The headcollar colour is fabulous on him. He obviously needs the matching saddle cloth/boots/stirrup treads.

His feet aren’t too atrocious, I reckon 3 farrier visits and you’ll be delighted.

Bernster

Visit site
Oh wow he’s a hunk! Gorgeous boy with a lovely face. That blue looks fabulous on him. I hadn’t realised he’s had a rough time of it lately ,lovely that he’ll be getting some TLC now.

PurBee

Visit site
Love him! Especially the star shaped pink skin on his nose…it screams ‘kiss me here!’ ??

Wishing you and Zach many wonderful years of adventures together, he’s super! ?