Irresponsible Owners

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Taken from Facebook Pass wide and slow group, the very definition of irresponsible owners!

So. This was me yesterday.
SHALFORD ESSEX.
I was out for a hack with my daughter

We was only 5 minutes into the ride. When a Doberman dog came
Charging at us and tried attacking the horses. My boy is already scared of dogs.
My horse ran and I managed to hold him. But the dog went for his back legs again and my alfi took off full pelt and I came off. I landed on my shoulder and rapidly rolled down the hill and finally stopped. In instant pain and unable to breathe properly, I had no idea where the dog was. My horse. Or if my daughter was ok.
My daughter managed to get my horse, but the dog was still trying to attack him and he got loose from my daughters (Jess) grasps.
She quickly let go of her horse and scared the dog off. Grabbed her horse. And went to grab alfi again. Upon gaining control of both horses. My daughter made her way up and she see the two woman and the dog. Which was now on a lead. My daughter called out HELP, At this point. One of woman who was holding the dog, looked back at my daughter, and then turned back to the other woman and said “run”.
As they ran, my daughter shouted out at them, “you know what you’ve done”. They never looked back again.
They ran, got in there blue Mercedes and drove off at speed.

My daughter is 13 years old.
She was in shock, didn’t know what condition I was in.
She was in control of 2 scared horses.
And went and got help at the nearest yard.
I will get to that soon.

Someone knows these woman.
It’s a dark blue mercedes
They have a Doberman dog.
They park up the top of hulls lane very regularly and walk this dog.
Well. I say walk.
They walk. And the dog is free of lead doing as it pleases.
The police want to speak to these woman, as it’s been reported.
I actually hope they see this. Or someone who knows them, will show them this.
I want to tell you how Negligent you are as dog owners, how DISGUSTING you are for running from a child in distress, knowing what your dog has done and caused.
You are DISGUSTING humans.
If anyone is willing to notify the police who these 2 woman are. It would be massively appreciated.
I have broken and fractured ribs, internal bruising. I am lucky.
And I am Glad it was me and not my daughter, or my Erin Horne

I will heal in a few weeks. But my horses will never forget this attack.
I will never forgive these woman for leaving the scene of an accident. And yes they knew exactly what had happened.

Please please share

I want to thank the air ambulance
And the 3 land crew ambulances
The pain I was in was immense. Helicopter was first on scene.

Thank you to michelle, James.
And Debbie Payne
Michelle and James for running as fast as they could.
For taking care of alfi and cracker.
I have leaned since that
Peter hull, Tina ,Jess and Lisa.
And many more, that have offered help.
Charlotte Horne I love you 😘

Daisy Doo
Annabelle Whitcombe for your offers of help.
And Tracy Silvey for your care and concern.

I can only hope. That these woman come forward and do the right thing, after running away

A little update. I lost my watch. Well I didn’t lose it. Paramedics took it off and gave it to my friend and she then lost it 🤦🏼‍♀️😂.
want to thank
Sara hooper for posting it on the Shalford page and getting it back to me. Many thanks x

paddy555

Visit site
Taken from Facebook Pass wide and slow group, the very definition of irresponsible owners!

So. This was me yesterday.
SHALFORD ESSEX.
I was out for a hack with my daughter

We was only 5 minutes into the ride. When a Doberman dog came
Charging at us and tried attacking the horses. My boy is already scared of dogs.
My horse ran and I managed to hold him. But the dog went for his back legs again and my alfi took off full pelt and I came off. I landed on my shoulder and rapidly rolled down the hill and finally stopped. In instant pain and unable to breathe properly, I had no idea where the dog was. My horse. Or if my daughter was ok.
My daughter managed to get my horse, but the dog was still trying to attack him and he got loose from my daughters (Jess) grasps.
She quickly let go of her horse and scared the dog off. Grabbed her horse. And went to grab alfi again. Upon gaining control of both horses. My daughter made her way up and she see the two woman and the dog. Which was now on a lead. My daughter called out HELP, At this point. One of woman who was holding the dog, looked back at my daughter, and then turned back to the other woman and said “run”.
As they ran, my daughter shouted out at them, “you know what you’ve done”. They never looked back again.
They ran, got in there blue Mercedes and drove off at speed.

My daughter is 13 years old.
She was in shock, didn’t know what condition I was in.
She was in control of 2 scared horses.
And went and got help at the nearest yard.
I will get to that soon.

Someone knows these woman.
It’s a dark blue mercedes
They have a Doberman dog.
They park up the top of hulls lane very regularly and walk this dog.
Well. I say walk.
They walk. And the dog is free of lead doing as it pleases.
The police want to speak to these woman, as it’s been reported.
I actually hope they see this. Or someone who knows them, will show them this.
I want to tell you how Negligent you are as dog owners, how DISGUSTING you are for running from a child in distress, knowing what your dog has done and caused.
You are DISGUSTING humans.
If anyone is willing to notify the police who these 2 woman are. It would be massively appreciated.
I have broken and fractured ribs, internal bruising. I am lucky.
And I am Glad it was me and not my daughter, or my Erin Horne

I will heal in a few weeks. But my horses will never forget this attack.
I will never forgive these woman for leaving the scene of an accident. And yes they knew exactly what had happened.

Please please share

I want to thank the air ambulance
And the 3 land crew ambulances
The pain I was in was immense. Helicopter was first on scene.

Thank you to michelle, James.
And Debbie Payne
Michelle and James for running as fast as they could.
For taking care of alfi and cracker.
I have leaned since that
Peter hull, Tina ,Jess and Lisa.
And many more, that have offered help.
Charlotte Horne I love you 😘

Daisy Doo
Annabelle Whitcombe for your offers of help.
And Tracy Silvey for your care and concern.

I can only hope. That these woman come forward and do the right thing, after running away

A little update. I lost my watch. Well I didn’t lose it. Paramedics took it off and gave it to my friend and she then lost it 🤦🏼‍♀️😂.
want to thank
Sara hooper for posting it on the Shalford page and getting it back to me. Many thanks x
and people still moan that it is unreasonable or unfair to have dogs leaded in public places.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Brown collie who's always hated my dog, being walked WITH NO LEAD. Mine on leash beside me/on other side completely neutral. Owner grabs collar, he drags her across path and comes in to have a go behind us. Ineffectual use of name and a 'stop that'. No apology. My elderly dog does not need this shit! And I'm really bored of cowardly dogs coming in behind me for a nip that should be under control.

DirectorFury

Visit site
A friend was cycling to work on a very busy and well-known cycle path yesterday morning when he got chased and bitten by a dog - luckily he had thick jeans and boots on and the boots took the brunt of it.

The dog was off-lead (naturally), circled behind him to get onto a bank so it could launch at him from above (thankfully that little manoeuvre missed and didn’t knock him off the bike), and after it bit him the owner excused it by saying it “hates wheels and always does this”.

A dog that hates wheels, with a bite history, off lead, on a fecking cycle path. Luckily friend was quick enough to get photos and got the woman’s phone number so it’s now being dealt with by the police.
But ffs how stupid do you have to be to deliberately set your dog up to fail like that? Are they too cowardly to admit they can’t cope with the dog and rehome/euthanise, so they deliberately engineer* a situation where they “have” to?

*judging by the photo the owner couldn’t engineer their way out of a paper bag, but you never know…

Clodagh

Visit site
Speaking to a friend who’s a shepherd yesterday. A dog was being walked by their sheep. Shepherd advised owner that dog was put on lead. Owner declined ‘I want dog to have a good run’. Dog ran at sheep, who scattered, then ran back to look at owner. Shepherd again suggested dog was put on lead. Owner again declined. Shepherd started videoing. Dog really went to town, then pulled one down. Got up, went again, pulled another down (very quick succession, sheep were tired by then).
Shepherd shot dog. Lucky or unlucky, depending on your POV, he’d been dispatching an injured deer so had his gun with him. Owner got very distressed. Shepherd went and loaded the dog on his bike, dropped it off at the owners car and came back to deal with his sheep. Police quite happy that it was correctly dealt with.
Such a stupid waste.

Moobli

Visit site
Speaking to a friend who’s a shepherd yesterday. A dog was being walked by their sheep. Shepherd advised owner that dog was put on lead. Owner declined ‘I want dog to have a good run’. Dog ran at sheep, who scattered, then ran back to look at owner. Shepherd again suggested dog was put on lead. Owner again declined. Shepherd started videoing. Dog really went to town, then pulled one down. Got up, went again, pulled another down (very quick succession, sheep were tired by then).
Shepherd shot dog. Lucky or unlucky, depending on your POV, he’d been dispatching an injured deer so had his gun with him. Owner got very distressed. Shepherd went and loaded the dog on his bike, dropped it off at the owners car and came back to deal with his sheep. Police quite happy that it was correctly dealt with.
Such a stupid waste.
Completely unbelievable. Why on earth are people so utterly stupid and irresponsible. Poor sheep, poor dog.

SilverLinings

Visit site
Some people seem completely incapable of understanding that their behaviour has consequences. Why on earth would you ignore the farmer's request to put your dog on a lead, especially when it started chasing the sheep? why would you then be surprised/distressed that the dog was shot? How can you care so little for your dog that you would risk this happening for the sake of putting the dog on a lead.

Poor famer, poor sheep and poor, poor dog*.

*for having such a negligent owner who caused the dog's death, I'm not blaming the farmer.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
My OH said imaging explaining that to your partner when you get home. I accept that owners take is probably completely different.
If that had been me I would have had to pack my bags. Just unbelievable that some people are so stupid and careless of their dogs lives and callous about livestock.

Clodagh

Visit site
I can't imagine someone who cares so little for an animal they own, to stand there while it was shot! What is wrong with them!
Poor farmer and poor dog!
I presume he was doing more than standing there (history does not relate) but I get your point that just how stupid would you be.
It is impossible (in the only dog on sheep attack I have witnessed) to call a dog off or to catch it when the red mist has descended.

oldandgold

Visit site
Angry button clicked for the pillock who thought so less of their dog that they would put them in the position in the first place. I feel for the shepherd who gave the idiot every chance to put a lead on their dog but
was then forced to take action. I think in a way the dog is better off dead, would like to think that the "owner" would not get another dog

Asha

Visit site
We have a new neighbour. There are 3 dogs and no gate to the property. My son and daughter are walking Stirling for me at the minute. Both have them have had several encounters now. The dogs are allowed to run off the drive and onto the road , they surround Stirling and poor little fella is very scared . They’ve also bumped into them further up the road with the owner who refuses to put them on leads saying they are friendly . My daughter was very concerned as one of them was growling.
I’m tempted to go and knock on the door and ask them to be more considerate, any thoughts ??

Clodagh

Visit site
We have a new neighbour. There are 3 dogs and no gate to the property. My son and daughter are walking Stirling for me at the minute. Both have them have had several encounters now. The dogs are allowed to run off the drive and onto the road , they surround Stirling and poor little fella is very scared . They’ve also bumped into them further up the road with the owner who refuses to put them on leads saying they are friendly . My daughter was very concerned as one of them was growling.
I’m tempted to go and knock on the door and ask them to be more considerate, any thoughts ??
Yep. I’d be right round there. There’s no need to be rude but explain your dog and your daughter are frightened of them. People are just amazing! 🙄