Is it just me counting the days & hours till this heatwave is supposed to end??

SEL

Visit site
We got some decent rain at the yard yesterday. House is 5 miles away and got very little.

I'm now glaring at the grass telling it to turn green and grow

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Our rain just got cancelled again, they keep dangling it in front of us then taking it away again ?
was supposed to be monday, then moved to tuesday (nothing happened) and wednesday - but they've changed the forecast to nothing today either.

tatty_v

Visit site
We had rain overnight and this morning it’s overcast, cool and windy. Got every door and window open to try and get the house temperatures down whilst I can!

twofatladies88

Visit site
Fat lady no 2 was shivering when I went down the field before and my little man was very cold when I brought him in - he had been standing out in the rain in front of the field shelter!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
We've had a good bit of rain here (East Devon). Got soaked doing the Neds yesterday, but no-one minded!

Weird having to remember where you actually put your wet-weather gear the last time you wore it, which was a VERY long time ago, and then when you do find it it's all gunky, smelly & horrible!

Ah well.

lynz88

Visit site
We have had little bouts of rain here in Surrey yesterday and today. Today it was supposed to downpour all day but we had 1 very heavy shower and a few smaller showers and sun/cloud mix. I see that the rain in general keeps getting pushed back and I've just looked at my grass in my back garden and noticed it has suddenly sprouted. The rain that we have had in the past 36 hours or so has been good though - not consistently heavy to produce flooding - just enough to help soften the ground and bring plants back to life.

Surbie

Visit site
If we miss the 'forecasted shower' this afternoon between 12 and 2, then apparently that's it for the month too!

We have had little bouts of rain here in Surrey yesterday and today. Today it was supposed to downpour all day but we had 1 very heavy shower and a few smaller showers and sun/cloud mix. I see that the rain in general keeps getting pushed back and I've just looked at my grass in my back garden and noticed it has suddenly sprouted. The rain that we have had in the past 36 hours or so has been good though - not consistently heavy to produce flooding - just enough to help soften the ground and bring plants back to life.

Crazy how localised it is! We had a bit in the morning, and a good couple of hours of heavy rain yesterday late afternoon. It's rained overnight too (my stable roof leaks...)

Hopefully I'll be able to pull the ragwort this afternoon now the ground is a bit softer.

Surbie

Visit site
8 hours of steady rain here so far today - if that doesn't turn the fields green I don't know what will! We had proper big lightening at 5am - Cobbus was unusually sensible about it so I'm assuming he was busy plotting something else...Fingers crossed there aren't too many hoolies in the field today cos it will be slippy!