Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of interesting posts

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
on here lately? Everything seems to be getting very samey e.g. Wwyd re changing yards - please choose from the following - a,b,c,d,e,f,g - or - I can't find a bridle without a xxxxx noseband or - What balancer do I feed my obese, laminitic, 3 legged, 45 year old semi retired good doer yada yada yada - Where on earth have all the interesting, informative or just downright contentious posts gone???

Last edited:

Overread

www.flickr.com
I don't know. Why don't you start one? This one isn't exactly enthralling either ;)

Whilst it can seem cheeky this is often the crux of the matter; especially if you've been around a forum and a hobby/interest for a while and you've read most of the common threads and questions.

In general there's a point where you'll have read most of the content that typically comes up in a forum and where your understanding of a subject is greater than those "how do I start" type posts often made. So you either have to:
1) Resort to reality
2) Lurk the forum mostly posting in jovial posts now and then and chatting to friends (oft about the good old days when the forum was great or stuff)
3) Create threads and subjects that interest you and give them a little push to get them going.
4) Troll (yes sadly some users get to a point where they are bored with the community so much that they get a little silly/trollish)

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Thanks Overred that was very well put & exactly what I was getting at but didn't express very well after my bottle of vino last night :)

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
Do you use the "what's new" button? That's what I do and I'm on here reading most days whilst I have a cuppa. I'm not bored of the forum and I was lurking years before I joined, so I've been around a while. There are posts I CBA with so I don't click on them. There are those like the london fire thread where I don't have any advice or the whole thing is too upsetting so I don't post, but I've read the whole thing. There's the posts where I try to help. I thought the one about leading was interesting, something we all do every day, a reasoned discussion with lots of explanations and no nastiness about any particular method going on. The forum isn't as active as it used to be but it's not dull. I do think it's a bit insulting really to post threads like this basically saying "where have all the good threads gone?". It's like saying all the threads currently around are worthless, which isn't going to make the posters who started them feel good, is it. A bit tactless of you. Have you tried the search function too? You can bring up some old threads you've never seen before, on a subject you're interested in, that way.

Arzada

Visit site
on here lately? Everything seems to be getting very samey e.g. Wwyd re changing yards - please choose from the following - a,b,c,d,e,f,g - or - I can't find a bridle without a xxxxx noseband or - What balancer do I feed my obese, laminitic, 3 legged, 45 year old semi retired good doer yada yada yada - Where on earth have all the interesting, informative or just downright contentious posts gone???
It's you - you seem to have missed some 'recent interesting, informative or just downright contentious posts.' Though this thread is starting to look interesting!