Is Parelli bad for the brain?

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Ok sold - how much ? I have a budget of £526.02. Will that be enough ? Will it include a DVD of how to thrash my ponio to the best of my abilities too ? Forget the DVD of the apology, I watched it , it made me puke over my dagger spurs.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
In answer to your question...

No, it is NOT bad for the brain. It actually GIVES you one.

Obviously you didn't have the brain to start with so parelli sold you a set of "Common Sense" DVDs so you could reprogramme this natural instinct over a period of time.

a055.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Good GOD i am soooooooooooooooo thick:eek::eek:

Yes, I would like a black and white version, with one of those gladiator spikey balls on the end please. That'll get the lungeing sorted out won't it. :p sm x

Just for you I have a special offer on ...... green sticks with purple spikey balls....only £250....what a bargain and I will even do free postage......

wanders off to pick thistles.....

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Ok sold - how much ? I have a budget of £526.02. Will that be enough ? Will it include a DVD of how to thrash my ponio to the best of my abilities too ? Forget the DVD of the apology, I watched it , it made me puke over my dagger spurs.

Well what a coincidence, that is exactly the price I was asking I will even throw in some sabre spurs for you:D

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
In fact I think I'll buy both, I'm bound to snap one aren't I. After all, he can be a naughty little git, trying to sidle up for a bit of reassurance, and that really does not go with what Linda teaches. I must be firmer, I must be firmer, I must be firmer. Yup, the two will do it, I can practice using both at the same time for lunging.:rolleyes:

Starzaan

Visit site
* must.....not........get.....involved..........................trying really ..... really hard...not.....to....get involved.......* GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THE EFFORT!

Bessieboo

Visit site
Can I ask are the balls so you can teach your horse to juggle?

Just wondering because once I have got my pony to tap dance I feel juggling could be the next step.

Ravenwood

Visit site
LMAO at this thread :D

I have a whole hedge length of beech saplings - natural, self seeding, very flippy and environmentally friendly - I will promise to plant three to each one you buy :D

If you use these, I guarantee that your horse will respond to this natural stick far quicker than an orange, green or cystal covered one :)

My only experience of Parelli was when they held a weekend residential course at a yard near me - apparently a girl led her horse out of the stable and because its head was up high it wasn't being submissive to her leading it, so she had to put it back in the stable and lead it out again and again and again........and again!! Until the horse walked with its down!

If my horse walked submissively with its head down on the first day at a strange yard I would probably be phoning the vet ;)

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
All the people I know who do it, for what ever reasons don't ride their horses very much, if at all. Either the horse isn't sound enough to be ridden, or the owner isn't able to ride, or the owner is actually too nervous to do much ridden work on their horse, etc.

There are quite a few people around my way that do it, and I really see no harm. They are having fun with their horses, and all the horses are happy and well kept.

I don't do it myself, and can't see how it would benefit me or my horse, as my horse's schooling and work routine is more 'conventional', but perhaps if something happened to me which meant I could never ride again, and I still wanted horses, perhaps I might start to do something like this?? Who knows ;)

The people I know who do it, spend a lot of time with their horses, and no harm is being done, so I don't see the problem TBH

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
OMG that is disgusting. No one I know does anything like that to their horses!

To be honest when I see them doing 'Parelli', it just looks like a load of faffing about on the ground going round cones and things.

Well now you know the cold hard truth! When your back is turned the cones get thrown to one side and they start doing all manner of strange and cruel things. This is why it must end....NOW :p:D :p

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I don't like a lot of those youtube videos :( Those poor, confused horses. If anyone tried doing anything like that to my boy, he'd rear up and kick them in the face and good for him I'd say!

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http

A huge problem I agree. The equipment she's using to work with this horse costs a fortune (I'm sure she gets a discount for sexual favours but just think what it'd cost you and I?)

I manage to batter my horses to within an inch of their lives perfectly easily with standard schooling whips, lunge lines... heck even a well executed fist can have its place if you're wearing a sharp enough ring.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
A huge problem I agree. The equipment she's using to work with this horse costs a fortune (I'm sure she gets a discount for sexual favours but just think what it'd cost you and I?)

I manage to batter my horses to within an inch of their lives perfectly easily with standard schooling whips, lunge lines... heck even a well executed fist can have its place if you're wearing a sharp enough ring.

Ahhh the classic soveriegn ring training tecnique. It works then? never tried myself :D:D

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
Particularly good for headshy equines. They soon learn to realise that most things that come close to their heads aren't really that bad in comparison to being punched in the muzzle with Argos' finest.

Why bother with Argos when you can mug some chav down the park! Get a can of stella with it usually :D Which helps bring out the required agression when using said ring.

Kittykins

Visit site
Just watched that video (or the first minute at least).

WHAT IS THAT WOMAN DOING!!!???

I though Pirelli was something to do with getting the horse to put it's head between it's legs for carrots, to loosen up muscles. Or is that Alexander technique?