Is there a weekend thread I've missed...... Bank Holiday Plans?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ouch Chippers. Hope you are ok.

Wheels that is AWESOME. And definitely worthy of a competion report. It gives me hope that I will eventually move up show jumping! I've been stuck on 80/90 for over a year. I'm progressing XC but not SJ.

Dressagecob- that great. Love Eland.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Lovely pics all but ouch to that buck! The driving always looks so amazing it makes me want to break in my sisters daughters pony. :)

I went out to do my 3rd novice test yesterday for a score of 64%. We are nothing if not consitant.

Positives: remembered the test without a caller!
Got some lovely trot work.

Disappointed with how I rode the canter. This isnt quite good enough for this level yet (which is fine - working hard at improving it), but I was worried about it so fluffed up riding it which didnt help him.

Lots more to come though as his work at home is a lot better!

Jumping today - probably at home, but a slim chance might go to a local venues competition. Its normally very, very busy though and we dont want to be out at 5pm waiting for the 70 to finish and not jumping till 6.

Wheels

Visit site
Ouch Chippers. Hope you are ok.

Wheels that is AWESOME. And definitely worthy of a competion report. It gives me hope that I will eventually move up show jumping! I've been stuck on 80/90 for over a year. I'm progressing XC but not SJ.

Dressagecob- that great. Love Eland.

You'll get there AE - I had to make a conscious effort to get out there and jump poles - we were fine jumping XC fences and jumped some 1m fences quite a while ago but poles and gaps in between them made me feel uncomfortable. So for the last couple of months we have been jumping at least twice a week, usually a comp or training show at a weekend and jumping at home / arena hire / lesson once during the week. A couple of weeks ago was the first time 80 looked and felt small so time to move up, jumped a few single 1.10 fences in training and off we went :D

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Thanks Wheels! I need to give myself a kick up the behind!

Great day at NSEA at a National Championship qualifier. Left Dolly behind as don't want to compete her too much yet. But took Miss Jenny Wren in the 80 and 90cm SJ classes at Arena UK and had a pole in each class. I don't really believe in 'unlucky poles' but these really were unlucky! She skimmed number 11 in the 80 - neither Izzy nor I could feel/see or hear it being touched but 3 strides after the fence it toppled. Then she went in for the 90 and had to circle for ages as they were rebuilding the course so her canter to the first was a bit flat and she just caught a pole on number 1 with a hind foot. But jumped the rest super confidently. No teams jumped clear but 2 teams were on 4 faults and they were the ones who qualified for Champs. So still no qualification in the 90 but the team was placed in both classes with her rounds counting both times so she is happy with that.

We are running out of time now though as there are only 2 more qualifying events we can do. And SO many teams are chasing qualification. Oh well what will be will be.....

59553830_2274580635955338_8219326536952578048_n.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
Lovely pics all but ouch to that buck! The driving always looks so amazing it makes me want to break in my sisters daughters pony. :)

I went out to do my 3rd novice test yesterday for a score of 64%. We are nothing if not consitant.

Positives: remembered the test without a caller!
Got some lovely trot work.

Disappointed with how I rode the canter. This isnt quite good enough for this level yet (which is fine - working hard at improving it), but I was worried about it so fluffed up riding it which didnt help him.

Lots more to come though as his work at home is a lot better!

Jumping today - probably at home, but a slim chance might go to a local venues competition. Its normally very, very busy though and we dont want to be out at 5pm waiting for the 70 to finish and not jumping till 6.

64% is good, well I'd be happy with that at novice level anyway!!

I hate waiting around at SJ, that's my biggest bugbear with it all

Fiona

Visit site
Hard luck AE :(

Hope they qualify next time fingers crossed...

Lovely pic...

Yesterday F and I both had a dressage lesson, and this morning he rode his first prelim standard dressage test. We recorded it for an online competition, hope the judge likes it.

Fiona