Is this classed as bagging up????

charliesarmy

Visit site
She has nice full bags in the morning but when she comes in at night theres nothing there??? (should I be waiting for them to be conastantly full) or is this the norm for alot of mares..also she has white granules of what looks like salt on them???...also people have said keep a check on milk colour can somebody please tell me the best way to try and get a litte milk off her...I can honestly say I have never milked a horse before
blush.gif
sorry for the questions questions questions but it is the only way I'll learn
grin.gif
off you fantastic patient people
grin.gif

TangoCurly

Visit site
hello!

Sounds like she is starting to bag up, she probably isn't going to foal though till she is VERY buxom both morning and night. You know the cleavage crease between the udders, that will go in the days prior to foaling and it will look flat between them. if she is normally a 34B, wait till she is a 38E!

Personally i never bothered to check Chika's milk colour so can't help there!

bye!

huskimo12

Visit site
If you have a look back through the posts there is a link to a web site in America i think which shows pics of mares at varying stages of pregnancy, including vulva, udders and belly shapes really useful!
Just cant remeber will have a quick look now see if i can find it
smile.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Hmm slightly worried now as my mares teats have been like the picture for 300+days but she is only around 280 days, due 24th July?

Theres no way I can get her dates wrong as was AI'd at the vets - can they start bagging up this early?

charliesarmy

Visit site
Thanks for the link I'm now obsessed
blush.gif
grin.gif

Mrs Magoo I think all are different it horses for courses
crazy.gif
I'm more concerend about the filling then deflating.....but going up tonight I think she's got small wax blobs....
crazy.gif
grin.gif
but seriously hoping that with the weather near me being horrid I hope she keeps foalie baking for a while yet...
grin.gif

Meg2

Visit site
My maiden mare at 348 days has had a slightly filled udder in the morning but deflats to practically nothing in the evening. It is a litlle fuller than usual this evening but no wax yet.