Is this pot hunting??

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I have just gone in again and it has now managed to find Maddie, but says her owner details do not match. The passport is in my name, but using the shortened form of my first name as that is how I refer to myself (for all 'official' stuff in the horse world). My driving licence which I used for verification has my full name on it. I did put in my shortened name when they asked for any other names. I guess I can 'change' the owner to my full name, but then that doesn't match what's in the passport. It's all a bit confuddling for a Saturday morning. ;)

ETA I have ticked the 'changed my name/address' box, which I haven't actually done, but at least it doesn't change ownership as such.

Velcrobum

Visit site
As has been said on another thread the winner of the 80cm championship was a 5* event rider. This is the response on FB by the organisers

"We are aware that there is some bad feeling around the winner of one of our Championship classes.
Firstly - no one broke any rules and as such, we are aware that our eligibility rule may not be perfect - we will be reviewing it before next season.
However, PLEASE remember that there is a human being behind the winner’s name. And know that the decision to run was taken out of that human being’s hands.
We are honoured that professional riders have chosen to support our series with their young & green horses this year - after all, we are an unaffiliated series open to everyone."

The horse concerned is registered with BE but has not as yet competed. https://www.britisheventing.com/about/people-and-horses/horse-profiles/FLORISSA-804565

Morally I think that 5* rider was wrong to compete and it is inferred that the owners of said horse wanted it to run, personally I think he should have refused.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
As has been said on another thread the winner of the 80cm championship was a 5* event rider. This is the response on FB by the organisers

"We are aware that there is some bad feeling around the winner of one of our Championship classes.
Firstly - no one broke any rules and as such, we are aware that our eligibility rule may not be perfect - we will be reviewing it before next season.
However, PLEASE remember that there is a human being behind the winner’s name. And know that the decision to run was taken out of that human being’s hands.
We are honoured that professional riders have chosen to support our series with their young & green horses this year - after all, we are an unaffiliated series open to everyone."

The horse concerned is registered with BE but has not as yet competed. https://www.britisheventing.com/about/people-and-horses/horse-profiles/FLORISSA-804565

Morally I think that 5* rider was wrong to compete and it is inferred that the owners of said horse wanted it to run, personally I think he should have refused.

It is simultaneously ludicrious, but also absolutely fine, because it was within the (limited) rules set out by the organisers. If people choose to take part in unregulated sport, they should expect results like this.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
It is simultaneously ludicrious, but also absolutely fine, because it was within the (limited) rules set out by the organisers. If people choose to take part in unregulated sport, they should expect results like this.

I said the same thing - not sure why people have their knickers in a twist as its never stated that its for amateurs or grassroots. Its just a competition which is open to anyone and I don't know why people presume differently. The rules are limited, whereas next week I am off to a champs (gosh don't we all seem to love a champs) and the rules are much more stringent on eligibility.

TBH I was not expecting them to hand out £1k cash and it will change things a lot next year. We all know what £10k prize fund normally means (a load of crap which is over valued normally) but this was actually genuinely very decent prizes.

The winner of the 90cm juniors was on a horse who has been 2nd at Novice with a pro and been competing with the U18 at BE100 very very successfully all season, but people are not so uppity about that one. The horse would not be eligible for much BE apart from the U18s stuff.

McFluff

Visit site
I support having a central database, but somehow I had missed registering with it. I've just done that and spent a good while updating things (thanks for sharing the link). It's actually a well designed website. However, despite me having updated the PIO when I had my mare put down, she was still 'alive' on the database (at least registered to me). And even though I paid to get my geldings passport updated to me with WPCS, it was not registered to me on the database. So there are clearly huge gaps between that database and the PIOs (which given that there are so many is perhaps not surprising).
The current situation is confusing, and it is easy to fall through the gaps (even if you've been trying to do the right thing). It is a total breeze to manipulate things as they are - as they are so disjointed and unclear.
I would fully support one central society that you register with, then have the ability to work with branches of that if/when I wished to compete at a higher level. I currently compete BD (was using club membership until very recently as I needed full to enter a championship), and would always want to do if I could as I like to support the organised sport. However, I can also see that for more expensive disciplines, unaffiliated has it's appeal (I'm still in shock after finding out that a friend was paying over £600 to compete at Blair recently, not including travel costs - yikes).