is this reasonable?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I think it's a reasonable amount for, as Rambo says, having a competition horse virtually on full loan and full livery! I think you should do some more maths though to include the bits you haven't so it's 'all inclusive' and perhaps it would be a good idea to work it out over a year.
Ermmm.. what does JR stand for?
blush.gif

happyhack

Visit site
I'm a sharer and I pay £30 a week for Jack-£120 a month so i think maybe you are asking a little over what most would pay.

I get him 3 days a week according to owners schedule but can swap if convenient!!

Hope it helped

kick_On

Visit site
P_G
i wouldn't beat around the bush with sharer (no offence to anybody else gg) but you have a talented trained dressage horse not just a plain nag!!
Having a horse of this quailty COSTS As you giving half you horse up i would ask for half the running cost. But having a contract would clearly define roles in events of vets etc....
I'm sure your sharers may be at first shock on costing , but if they had to go out and buy gg of same standard they would see costings.
My one word of advise (in nice way) - Can you handle someone else do stuff with your girly and maybe in not your way????? I've had people exercise my horses with no financial help from them, as then i can keep control on everything - but thats me

Kelly1982

Visit site
My own horse doesn't even cost me £200 a month so there is no way i would pay that!!! And my horse is a competition horse as well (although i am not going out as much as i would like at the mo)!!!

If it was me i would think whats the point in paying all that money to someone else for a couple of days a week when i could buy my own, pay that much and have it every day.

Thats just my opinion though.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a sharer and I pay £30 a week for Jack-£120 a month so i think maybe you are asking a little over what most would pay.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is Jack a competition horse??

Greyhound

Visit site
I think it is very fair, if they want a quality schooled horse which you have worked hard to get the credential for then they need to stump up I am afriad. Horses arent cheep they would be niave to think that IMO.

Gh

the watcher

Visit site
given your costs and the level of the horse, this does not sound unreasonable, however I would call it a lease and word the agreement accordingly, this is much more than just a sharer

horsegirl

Visit site
HI,

IMO this is too much to ask someone to pay, also you are including the insurance in the calculations but expecting them to pay any vets bills? Will they expected to muck out etc too? They could probably loan a horse full time to keep where they like and not pay this much, obviously I don't know if there is anything special about her that wouldn't exist in another loan horse. Nothing to lsoe by advertising it though, there may be plenty of people willing to pay this.

happyhack

Visit site
no he's not but i don think that should make a difference. at the end of the day if the sharer wants to compete surely they will have to pay for the travelling costs, entry fees etc which makes up for the extra amount?

the vets clause in my contract states that i pay the excess if anything should happen to him whilst he is in my care too.

Tempi

Visit site
thanx for everyones comments, ive taken everything on board
smile.gif

she will be taking her for BYRDS training, and is already on her school 'a' team with her. I have no doubts that bloss will get her in the BYRDs teams too, as at 14 they only need to be riding novice level and training at elementary/medium. Bloss is training medium with me at home and i still hope to do a couple HC on her.

PF - JR means Junior Rider
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
what i mean by the vets bills is that they will pay the excess if anything happens whilst she is in their care. *touch wood* bloss has never ever been lame and the only time she has the vet is for her injections (which are already included)

clipertyplop

Visit site
i think its resonable ....and better than putting your horse out on full loan, in fact so resonable i think i,ll sell my horse and pm you lol.
smirk.gif

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
HI,

IMO this is too much to ask someone to pay, also you are including the insurance in the calculations but expecting them to pay any vets bills? Will they expected to muck out etc too? They could probably loan a horse full time to keep where they like and not pay this much, obviously I don't know if there is anything special about her that wouldn't exist in another loan horse. Nothing to lsoe by advertising it though, there may be plenty of people willing to pay this.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you read the replies etc you will see this is a talented dressage horse, no mucking out involved, basically they get to ride and compete a horse that will teach the girl a lot, not a share as in most peoples definition.

Seems fair to me for a horse of that standard as it is less than half of the cost when you factor in the other stuff.

Have to agree with the person who said about the insurance - if you are insured for the vet bills, they pay the excess if its a big enough "accident" or pay minor fees, otherwise it gets very confusing.

Greyhound

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
no he's not but i don think that should make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it would make a difference! Working on that basis then if it did not make a difference all horses would be the same price to buy surely?? If the horse is good then I am sorry you will pay more.

Gh

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
what i mean by the vets bills is that they will pay the excess if anything happens whilst she is in their care. *touch wood* bloss has never ever been lame and the only time she has the vet is for her injections (which are already included)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I did'nt fully understand quiet what a talented horse bloss was so I take back what I said earlier - it seems like a very reasonable deal to me, as someone said its more of a lease arrangment that an actual share. Good luck.

Tempi

Visit site
thank you for that, i look into calling it a lease agreement then rather than share..........i really do want them to have her as much as they want as they love her and i know Blossy loves the girl who rides her
smile.gif
i can tell shes happy when shes riding her. like i said we're going to finalise things this week.

horsegirl

Visit site
Hadn't seen the bit about not having to do any work, that makes it a bit better although usually you would have the option of mucking out yourself to reduce the cost.

4whitesocks

Visit site
Think this is totally fair - disagree with those who think it's unreasonable TBH - by the time you buy, shcool & bring on a horse of this level you're into thousands upon thousands....

this girls gets to 'get up and go'

hope it works out for you!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
no he's not but i don think that should make a difference

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah I see. It does make a huge difference actually. You are not just paying for the part keep of the animal - you are actually paying for the privalidge (sp) of having a graded competition horse for you to continue your own education on. And this is at the heart of this particular loan agreement.

happyhack

Visit site
well whoever will be getting your horse to share/loan is extremely lucky!! I hope they get on well-u must get them to kepp us posted with progress etc.

PS how r u getting on with newbie?

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Jesus - if someone is going to the trouble of doing the BYRDS stuff (which is not cheap travelling around the country and the cost of training sessions and private instructors) £200 per month is NOTHING!

Tempi

Visit site
thanx to everyone whos saying what a star Bloss is!!!! shes not that great!!!!!!! but she will teach this girl a lot which the girl knows and her parents know! shes not a push button ride and she will teach the girl to ride using her seat and not her hands (which so many children these days dont do) - Bloss has taught me so mch and i know she will do the same for the girl too
smile.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I dont think this is a bad deal at all. Sure, they could find something cheaper, but this horse seems to be of high calibre and it should also be weighed into the equation that PG will be available to school the horse when they arent there (i.e sort out any hiccups that crop up).

As someone else posted, I suppose it will come down to whether they will pay the price or not. If not, Im sure you could find someone willing elsewhere, particularly if Bloss is well known around the BYRDs circuit. The problem with that scenario would be that Id assume those people would want to move her elsewhere.

What sort of level is she working at (at home) PG?

happyhack

Visit site
blush.gif
sheepishly
blush.gif
oops. feel a bit silly now!!

think i missed out reading half of it!! no mucking out or that and a graded horse for £200 is very reasonable!!

blush.gif
quite embarrased now
blush.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Sorry, only just scrolled up and saw you said she's working at medium level.

To be honest, the nice schoolmasters that are well known on the BYRDs circuit tend to switch hands, by loan or sale, without the need for any form of advertising. Im sure they're getting a good deal and Id stand your ground on the price
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
shes just starting half pass at home, can already shoulder in/travers/renvers/pirouette etc. the only thing that lets her down is her medium trot which is slightly lackin, but even this is now getting better, and this girl whos riding her gets a better medium trot out of her than i do!!

shes competing her saturday, so fingers crossed she behaves!!

happyhack - Archie (newbie) is a mega star!!!! hes lunging really well and im going to ride him tonight, i cant wait!!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Hmm
tongue.gif
I know of a few horses of that kind of level, that have gone on permanent loan for rather more than that (and stayed at "home" to continue lessons with current trainers)

Stick to your guns, the people loaning would have to pay out a rather large chunk of cash for a horse of the same level.