ISH stallions for eventing

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Could you give me more informations about Puissance.
I saw 2 horses by Puissance in the european eventing championship the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at his pedigree - and sure enough - out of a mare by Diamonds are Trumps - the great King of DiamondsxKildalton CountessxBen Purple mix. When you consider that Kildalton Countess has produced 5 graded RID stallions, 4 of them by King of Diamonds - and I think I'm safe in saying they ALL had good jumping credentials ..... Shows why Ben Purple has a great reputation as a mare producer - even if he doesn't rate highly in performance terms himself.

Simsar

Visit site
Please take a look on the IDHS gb website for ISH.

Also Spings on here has a lovely Stallion Springfield Symphony ISH. Please have a look at him.

only_me

Visit site
Glenhill gold has produced some very very nice foals so far - all excellent moving and great jumpers, with good power and quality.

He would have been at Badminton except for slight misunderstanding with qualifications :) possibly burghley this year!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I really like Rantis Diamond. His stock I have seen so far have really performed and look incredibly smart. One of his is Smart Lady if you look up the BE record.

gadetra

Visit site
Well I would reccomend French Buffet, Cult Hero and Golden Lariat for your mares. They're all full TB's and both Golden Lariat and Cult Hero have produced excellent eventing stock, French Buffet jumped international grands prix and is only new so time will tell. I like him a lot though.

Good Luck in Ireland!!

KevMc

Visit site
Ecavalli,

Carrick Diamond Lad (Byrnesgrove Stud) has some nice stock competing both here and the USA, he seems to outcross nicely with bloodtype mares.

Loughahoe Guy (Watervalley Stud) has alot of very nice stock coming through the eventing ranks here. He himself jumped at national level with the Army and is nearly full Thoroughbred

All the best in your search:)

parkside

Visit site
Sadly Stormhill Miller is not available for AI -stands in the hills at Tinahely. I am fortunate to have had his dam for her last few foals.....If anyone particularly likes that bloodline there is a 2yr old out of Miller's dam by Free Spirit (Jumbo) in Grafham's stud reduction auction July 18th.....Grafham bought him from me at weaning, brown with a fab front and tremendous paces. Want to buy him back but OH would kill me as I have retained 2 fillies

parkside

Visit site
stormhill miller is not approved by the IHB he is only s1

Sometimes Rebel Mountain....that seems to be a benefit, with respect your Horse Board have failed some super horses who have turned out to be superstar stockgetters and consequently been approved (mind you I think that happened in this country to Chilli Morning)

Having bought lots of young horses in Ireland pedigrees that have been most successful for me have been Harlequin D Carel - I think he was recently upgraded having failed to gain full approval initially???? Olympic Lux....Failed or only S1 not sure??? Diamond Serpent lines....my favorite! I have to be honest and say a blue passport would never stop me if these pedigrees were present. Did the IHB only give Cavalier S1 initially? I remeber being told that but have no idea if it is right or not.

I do still struggle with sport horse gradings where no stock is assessed. A serious 'stallion man' in this country always said....stop looking at the stallion and start looking at the stock. Personally,I wish Miller was back in this country, i would love to cross him onto some of my Irish lines especially a Kingsmaster mare. I have tried to buy youngsters by him on 3 seperate occasions in ISouthern reland only for them to make too much money hence I have to content myself with the mother line!

Had a Rebel Mountain 2 yrs ago....are you anything to do with Ballinglen?

parkside

Visit site
Ahhh yes 2 brothers...Gorsebridge foal sales, bought a Master Imp bay a few years ago from you and a grey Rebel Mountain filly in 08. You have some very smart and nicely bred mares. From memory I looked at your foals last yr but they were mainly fillies? Small world!. Pm if you want a pic of the Rebel Mountain, the Master Imp has just had his first couple of runs eventing. Cathy

Irishlife

Visit site
Stormhill Miller is a TB "stealth missile" in Ireland and those that do know him have the highest regard. His stock have achieved 18th and 10th at Badminton, 7th Saumur. Stormhill Flight is representing Ireland in the Junior Europeans this summer. He has been well-used by people who know a thing or two about show stock and performance and he can jump. He was brought into Ireland by people who know their stallions. Our gain is the UK's loss.

I am fortunate enough to have a half sister of his who is an incredible jumping horse and three of her offspring; a filly to retain, a four year old who is beginning his eventing career and was also pretty much unbeaten showing as a yearling and two year old and a three year old who quite frankly scares me with his courage and scope.

If I had a suitable mare for him I would be winging it to Wicklow like a shot.:) S1 or not. Judge the horse on his own merits, not by his book cover!

parkside

Visit site
Well said Irishlife! You are so right it is England's loss, he is typical of the sort of blood horses we are short of - irritating that England bred him and Ireland have him!

rebel mountain

Visit site
Ahhh yes 2 brothers...Gorsebridge foal sales, bought a Master Imp bay a few years ago from you and a grey Rebel Mountain filly in 08. You have some very smart and nicely bred mares. From memory I looked at your foals last yr but they were mainly fillies? Small world!. Pm if you want a pic of the Rebel Mountain, the Master Imp has just had his first couple of runs eventing. Cathy

did a woman with you buy my uncles foal a rock hopper
small world indeed

parkside

Visit site
Yes a grey, nice sort gone to a showing home will be out this season.....not by Rebel Mountain sorry I think it was last yrs we looked at by him.

PM me with this year's colt foals (definately no fillies - bred 4 foals 3 fillies!)

I am just looking at flights and accomodation for this year now :)

rebel mountain

Visit site
your in luck a full brother to your filly was born friday night

and we have another colt by rock hopper out of a clovers dream mare this mare is a half sister to the dam of your master imp.ballinglen dreamy is also the dam of ballinglen miss ellie who was second in the intermediante novice sec 1 in bradwell
you are more than welcome to come see them the next time you are in ireland

ps if you could post some pictures of the master imp or the rock hopper that would great