It's that time again :D Weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
must start learning NOT to stick my tongue out or pull strange faces when riding :lol:

nice pics Embo :) I reckon that ^^ is like Stage 1000 Horsemanship or something, only achieved by the true riding genius. I'm always pulling terrible faces -it's like, get arms and legs under control and all the chaos has to go somewhere :D :D :eek:

DirectorFury

Visit site
I rode! For the first time in 6 weeks :). It took an hour to catch M who showed me that she's much fitter than I think by galloping flat out around her (massive, 12 acre, hilly) field for the whole time. I wasn't even making any attempt to catch her but she just kept on going. I think the spring grass is getting to her! We just went for a stroll down the lane but she's feeling good :).
Pointless photos (please ignore the very non-BHS footwear):
32789862_10156461993351882_3702618970042400768_n.jpg

32783353_10156461993001882_6280985273459277824_n.jpg

scats

Visit site
Polly had her second chiro appoointment on Wednesday. She’s having one a fortnight at the moment. Long reined her last night and she was like a different animal- super stretchy and seeking a long and low frame- back up and swinging and not chomping on her bit constantly. She was also much more forward and at times was actually over tracking, which for a horse whose front and back legs are practically in different continents, was quite something. She’s pulled two shoes off in the last few weeks, which she doesn’t normally do, so her range of movement has obviously improved (not that shoe removal is really the way I want to recognise it!). Hoping to take her out hacking this weekend.

Diva is back doing walking hacks after her low grade lami bout. Aiming for an intro test in June if all stays well. It will be the most monumental occasion if we make it-it’s nearly been a year since her diagnosis. We’ll be hacking this weekend as normal.
Friends got a cob in who had a BOGOF foal, so hopefully going up there tomorrow for foal cuddles and to have a sit on another pony she has in.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

rara007

Visit site
32928076_10160261288060648_5496400232876867584_n.jpg

Weds we went over to unicorn trust (about 3.5hrs from Essex) ready for a GB development day with Gill Watson on the Thursday- Cheeri really did me proud- travelled and stabled like an old pro and when it came to doing his bit really put his best foot forwards. Things to work on (as ever!) but couldn't have asked for more. It was a fantastic day- in 15 min sessions on driving ponies she didn't know ranging from fells to british spotted ponies, caspians, KWPNs, riding ponies from various countries, lippi ponies with a lot of welsh of all sections in-between, pretty much every one she was able to make a direct obvious improvement to way of going. fab!

Unaff ODE down in Kent tomorrow for a little training run.

Asha

Visit site
Update from me , my homebred mare only went and won her section at somerford today . Seriously chuffed to bits . We won a rug, vouchers and a sash . I’ve always wanted a sash !!
Hope everyone else is having an equally good day ��

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Update from me , my homebred mare only went and won her section at somerford today . Seriously chuffed to bits . We won a rug, vouchers and a sash . I’ve always wanted a sash !!

Wow that;s absolutely brilliant!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

Oh my - massive congratulations, you must be so proud

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
NF is off games for quite a while.
Trying a stand in tomorrow, will update if my test pilot session goes ok.

Good luck to those competing :)

Well, the stand in I tried was too sharp (As in forward thinking)and just too green for me (Very proud I put my sensible hat on!).
However, I did a non sensible thing and shopped instead, came home with another yesterday afternoon :redface3: who might well do a job for me. Hacked him out this morning with a neighbour and all ok, keep fingers xxd please :)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well, the stand in I tried was too sharp (As in forward thinking)and just too green for me (Very proud I put my sensible hat on!).
However, I did a non sensible thing and shopped instead, came home with another yesterday afternoon :redface3: who might well do a job for me. Hacked him out this morning with a neighbour and all ok, keep fingers xxd please :)

TFF!!! No, you cannot even pretend to have any sensible points for that series of events.

But hey, who wants sensible points anyway :D So, tell us more about newbie...

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh wow, that's fab! I'm so pleased for you. We need more details, though, and pictures. Definitely include a picture of the sash!

Currently my soundest horse is the retired Cushing's mare :(. Tammy is still tender on her near hind which has an abscess or a stone bruise. Her scoot boots are proving invaluable, she is wearing them on both hinds for 24/7 turnout with a poultice on the bad foot, they haven't rubbed at all.

Molly (my 7yo homebred) who has bounced back to me unexpectedly from loan is still on box rest recovering from badly bruised toes caused by crap foot balance :(. A full set of x rays have been done here and there is should be no lasting damage, and my farrier is very capable at working to re balance feet to X rays.

TFF, we do need more details of your newbie. I'm sorry about your other ned.

Asha

Visit site
Wow that;s absolutely brilliant!!

Oh wow, that's fab! I'm so pleased for you. We need more details, though, and pictures. Definitely include a picture of the sash!

Currently my soundest horse is the retired Cushing's mare :(. Tammy is still tender on her near hind which has an abscess or a stone bruise. Her scoot boots are proving invaluable, she is wearing them on both hinds for 24/7 turnout with a poultice on the bad foot, they haven't rubbed at all.

Molly (my 7yo homebred) who has bounced back to me unexpectedly from loan is still on box rest recovering from badly bruised toes caused by crap foot balance :(. A full set of x rays have been done here and there is should be no lasting damage, and my farrier is very capable at working to re balance feet to X rays.

TFF, we do need more details of your newbie. I'm sorry about your other ned.

Here you go TP !

The sash is hanging in my tack room in pride of place . I may just wear to going shopping later

Sorry to read about your homebred, but glad shes going to be ok. My daughter had a soft spot for her when she was on competition livery. She said shes a real sweetie. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Is Tammy your Indigo ?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Asha

Visit site
Had to post this one, as its taken quite a while to get her 'nearly comfortable' going through water, we are getting there

attachment.php

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I am so proud of my very grown up baby horse, he did such a great job at our dressage training day. He warmed up so chilled out, wasn't fussed about the other horses cantering around or being in a new place. He was happy to go into the arena and do the test. He was a bit heavy on his aids but obedient and we did all the things in the right places and as an added bonus picked up the correct canter lead first time.

You'd never know it was his first test and that he used to race. He is very grown up about all these things!

I think my grin says it all.

32935646_10214700317874394_2252984550349078528_n.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Lovely pics, Asha and AE:) Yes TFF we need more details!

Salty tried to behave at the show today and mostly succeeded :) first test was a bit random on her part so scored between 2s and 7s, but the second was MUCH more focussed for a confident 65% score. It's the first time I've taken her out to do 2 tests and also the first time I've plaited her :eek: Very pleased. It's still rather green work but as I have nothing to qualify for at prelim we are just using the time as familiarisation with no pressure, I'd rather iron the bumps out now than when she's ready for novice and wanting to do AFs or regionals :wink3:

Sunning herself between tests
33151213_1949742815037219_868229283858874368_n.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
Well done milliepops!

Your mare is absolutely gorgeous Asha.

Great to get the young ones out accidental eventer - he sounds like a sweetheart.

Ours was a weekend of two halves. Yesterday we had a lesson with my classical trainer - we didn't get out of walk. M is very unbalanced in the arena at the moment as he is growing so we did a lot of re-balancing and getting him a little more even in the contact.

Today we went jumping - it was a derby course with some interesting turns and a mix of coloured and rustic fences. A total of 16 fences which seems an awful lot so I thought it must have been 2 phase but nope, it was separate jump off.

Anyway - we won the 60cm and then had one down in the 70cm. Learning for me is that once I'm lined up, M seems to back off a little - I need to improve this as it then throws us onto a wrong stride and we end up too close. Will work on that for next time.

Very pleased with him, it was our first jumping competition, now need to get out and do a few more

Asha

Visit site
Thanks wheels and MP . Very proud of my girl. MP- love the line ‘tried to behave’ lol . Well done wheels for get a red frilly !! X

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Great pics, Asha. What a lovely horse, you must be very proud. I hope that your fellow shoppers were suitably impressed with the sash :D.

How kind of your daughter to remember Molly from her time at competition livery. Molly's settled back in at home really well despite being on box rest atm, it's as if she's never been away. Yes Tammy is my Indigo, she's a lovely lady but is a bit creaky. Both she and Molly have recently had good sessions with a vet chiropractor who found and treated all sorts of tightnesses.

Well done too to all the other reports of folk out doing stuff.

{97702}

Visit site
Sigh.... no eventer challenge, I sat and rested my haematoma which I managed to offend this morning so it was sore & painful for the rest of the day! Also a very sore knee (mine!) where he went over with me last weekend

I actually suspect a Jensen plot so he could spend his birthday doing nothing :D

weekend plans gone to pot again, I wonder if I’m just too old/bruised/damaged for this now!!! :(

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Busy weekend... Fun at Somerford BE for me then Trailblazers 2nd rounds for the twins. Ginny jumped clear in both her classes and has qualified for the Championship Finals at Stoneleigh. This little pony is turning into a total star.

32955252_1772155666197840_4327508682653827072_n.jpg

Max on the other hand was over-fresh and under-prepared and Izzy did not get away with it. Oh dear. The pic says it all really ;)

32953079_1772155739531166_5024344440412569600_n.jpg

Still they all came home safe and live to fight another day!!