It's the Eventing Euros this week

teapot

Visit site
It's being held at Haras Du Pin, dressage on Thurs/Fri, xc Saturday, sj Sunday

Entries here https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Definite entries Eventing EU-CH 2023.pdf but teams haven't been decided quite yet. GB entries are:

Ros Canter and Lordships Gruffalo
Laura Collett and London 52
Tom Jackson and Capers Hollow Drift
Kitty King and Vendredi Biats
Yas Ingham and Banzai Du Loir
Tom McEwen and JL Dublin

So horse wise that's two Badminton winners, a Euro gold winner, a Worlds gold winner, a Burghley second, and a Luhmühlen second :oops:

Start lists and results will be here: https://results.worldsporttiming.com/event/162

Oh and just a reminder that at the last Euros, it was a Team GB whitewash with the team gold, and all three individual medals!

Sadly coverage appears to be via Clip My Horse only :( There is a 30 day free trial before the monthly/annual payments kick in, but remember to cancel!

Last edited:

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Well I’m installed in a beautiful AirB&B 5 mins up the road and have spent the evening drinking local wine & cider and a nice bbq with friends

#sorrynotsorry 😳😆😜🇫🇷
You'll be telling us that the weather is fine and glorious and that there are no worries about the state of the ground next!

Seriously, what is the going currently like?

ETA It's boo hiss that the coverage is not on H&C 🙁

Northern Hare

Visit site
It's being held at Haras Du Pin, dressage on Thurs/Fri, xc Saturday, sj Sunday

Entries here https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Definite entries Eventing EU-CH 2023.pdf but teams haven't been decided quite yet. GB entries are:

Ros Canter and Lordships Gruffalo
Laura Collett and London 52
Tom Jackson and Capers Hollow Drift
Kitty King and Vendredi Biats
Yas Ingham and Banzai Du Loir
Tom McEwen and JL Dublin

So horse wise that's two Badminton winners, a Euro gold winner, a Worlds gold winner, a Burghley second, and a Luhmühlen second :oops:

Start lists and results will be here: https://results.worldsporttiming.com/event/162

Oh and just a reminder that at the last Euros, it was a Team GB whitewash with the team gold, and all three individual medals!

Sadly coverage appears to be via Clip My Horse only :( There is a 30 day free trial before the monthly/annual payments kick in, but remember to cancel!
Thanks very much TP for the reminder and all the info! I think I'll give a trial CMH Subscription a try, and set a reminder for cancelling it in good time!
Good luck to Team GB! 🇬🇧
Well I’m installed in a beautiful AirB&B 5 mins up the road and have spent the evening drinking local wine & cider and a nice bbq with friends

#sorrynotsorry 😳😆😜🇫🇷
Have a great time, hope the weather holds 🤞

ihatework

Visit site
You'll be telling us that the weather is fine and glorious and that there are no worries about the state of the ground next!

Seriously, what is the going currently like?

ETA It's boo hiss that the coverage is not on H&C 🙁

Haven’t been in yet but going to walk it on Wednesday. It’s dry and warm but not hot, think they have had a fair amount of rain recently so I expect ground will be spot on

sportsmansB

Visit site
Sad for us Irish that it coincides with Dublin this year so our horsey fix is condensed - though the Irish team is a very inexperienced one so we aren't expecting much.
Have team picked on Eventing Manager and hopefully some of the hospitality tents at Dublin will be showing the XC so we can keep up with whats going on!

KEK

Visit site
Wow enjoy IHW, super jealous! Really want to watch but I've used my free trial on CMH and wow its so $$$$ as you have to take the whole year out :(
Hard to pick for the team such amazing horse/rider combinations. Mine would be Ros, Laura, Yasmin and Kitty I reckon.

j1ffy

Visit site
There is an option on CMH to pay monthly (although it doesn't word it that way - I've closed the page now so I can't see what it says!). On my browser, there was a little radio button above the two package options to 'pay annually' or something else...I flicked it to the other option and it came up with £13.95 per month.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm musing over subscribing. I think that I have already used up my 30 day free trial previously, you're only allowed one go at that.

Screenshots below. The monthly subscription for the with adverts premium package comes in at £165 per annum compared with £129.95 if you pay up front for the year.

I am not sure if you can dip in and out of the monthly package.

IMG_3949.png

IMG_3948.png

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
There is an option on CMH to pay monthly (although it doesn't word it that way - I've closed the page now so I can't see what it says!). On my browser, there was a little radio button above the two package options to 'pay annually' or something else...I flicked it to the other option and it came up with £13.95 per month.
Yes I noticed that. They've hidden it down the bottom. I'm trying my other email account and it letting me have a free trial

Squeak

Visit site
I think I've heard of issues being unable to subscribe from CMH when signing up for the free trials and CMH being very rude and nasty. Has anyone experienced any problems?

j1ffy

Visit site
I had a lot of emails and then actual letters (yes - actual paper ones posted in an envelope! Never had that from a streaming service before) when I didn't renew my subscription. Nothing nasty, just persistent. They were all deleted / went in the bin.

teapot

Visit site
I think I've heard of issues being unable to subscribe from CMH when signing up for the free trials and CMH being very rude and nasty. Has anyone experienced any problems?

I had a lot of emails and then actual letters (yes - actual paper ones posted in an envelope! Never had that from a streaming service before) when I didn't renew my subscription. Nothing nasty, just persistent. They were all deleted / went in the bin.

This is what I'm worried about if I take out the free month's trial 😕 Shame the Beeb aren't showing it like two years ago

Northern Hare

Visit site
This is what I'm worried about if I take out the free month's trial 😕 Shame the Beeb aren't showing it like two years ago
I had a free CMH 30 day trial last summer and cancelled it fine within the trial period.

I think I read in the small print that even for the pay monthly plan, you have actually signed up for the full year, so it didn't appear to be possible to cancel mid year, should you decide you don't want to continue with it. This might have changed of course since then.

Reactions: KEK

KEK

Visit site
I had a free CMH 30 day trial last summer and cancelled it fine within the trial period.

I think I read in the small print that even for the pay monthly plan, you have actually signed up for the full year, so it didn't appear to be possible to cancel mid year, should you decide you don't want to continue with it. This might have changed of course since then.
Yeah that's my understanding with the monthly plan too :( would be happy to pay for 1month.

TheMule

Visit site
Does anyone know if we can watch it on the small screen without paying?

It will probably be for premium members only so not available to watch small screen

FWIW I subscribe to CMH and find it excellent- there is literally always something to watch. I feel sad that people try to cheat a reasonable offer by changing email addresses etc as the quality, quantity and range of offering is certainly worth the money

j1ffy

Visit site

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I love Chapel Down it’s truly one of my favourites. We do have more french stuff to come with Laurent, Pol, Piper and Tatt. We are quite enjoying our cider as well. Todays plan is to watch the trot up, watch them school for dressage and walk xc

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I've signed up for the free trial with a view to going onto the yearly plan @ £129.95 per annum. I have up to Sept 7 to cancel it.

You do have to sign up to subscribe for the full 12 months if you pay monthly @ £13.75 per month, you can't dip in and out. It'll cost you £35.05 per annum extra to pay monthly.

It is my second free trial as I am using another email address, but that is not to trick them, it's the one associated with my PayPal account which is my chosen payment method. It keeps it all simpler.

Northern Hare

Visit site
It will probably be for premium members only so not available to watch small screen

FWIW I subscribe to CMH and find it excellent- there is literally always something to watch. I feel sad that people try to cheat a reasonable offer by changing email addresses etc as the quality, quantity and range of offering is certainly worth the money
Last year when I signed up for the CMH trial, I was expecting to extend through to a year's contract, but I like to mainly watch eventing and found that there wasn't much available on CMH, perhaps that's changed now?

I subscribe to H&C as they now show a good selection of UK events, unfortunately not Euros though. I'd be more than happy to pay CMH per event etc. I think that FEI.TV is based on the CMH platform, so perhaps they do a per-event subscription? I'll take a look to see.

teapot

Visit site
Drawn order is here:

https://eventingnation.com/the-euro...t-favourites-great-britain-penultimate-nation

@TheMule - it’s not about cheating the system, some of us just simply only want to watch individual event(s) without signing up for a year’s worth! Why they can’t offer a one off event option is beyond me, and it was something I suggested when I had a job interview with them.

CMH now have the monopoly on FEI events, especially if the BBC aren’t covering this year (albeit BE used the same FEI/CMH footage for 2021). Must be the first time in almost twenty years they’re not covering the Eventing Euros :(

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Chapel Down! We used to have it on the airline and nobody would ever drink it unless everything else ran out. I’ve never tried their sparkling though.

Have a wonderful time. I’m very jealous.

Nicnac

Visit site
All British horses through the trot up and the two held (Germany and Switzerland) passed after hold.

Followed your IG LEC as will be at Longines Global tomorrow, working Friday and fencing judging BE Satuday :( Chapel Down is fantastic - quite local to me and I love some of their wines. Worth a visit if you can get there.

AND an all female team for the Europeans - did us proud last time so finger's crossed!