I've been totally had....

Jesstickle

Visit site
We deffo need to see pictures now!!

If you get really, really stuck then PM me and I'll give you my email addy and put them up for you.

How amazing is your OH? Mine is good but not that good!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
How fabulous! Lucky girl!

Pics: go to photobucket.com, create account, its free.you dahlias pics direc from computer or phone then copy the code where it says IMG under pic and paste onto post on here. No way can we not see pics!

somethingorother

Visit site
What a lovely post :)

Am sure you will be able to find a way to bring him home, i hope so. It would be a massive shame after such a lovely story bringing you together, i think it's fate :)

OH is obviously a gem, sounds like you have two perfect males in your life now, really pleased for you :)

Vickijay

Visit site
What a lovely story, arnt you lucky. My OH is very very good to me, but he has never brought me a pony :mad:

1stclassalan

Visit site
I am often fond of telling people that I share one similarity with the Aga Khan - we both bought our wives horses for Christmas ( must a been a date that coincided with Xmas seeing as we're talking about a Khan but I digress).

Her indoors missed out on all things horsey until both daughters began to ride - they progressed to the stage where it became serious so we traded up to "The Best School in the Country" and one of the top in the world at the time - not that we are filthy rich or anything - just an accident of geography. The girls did well and their tutors asked their mum if she could ride and started the whole merry-go-round.

A certain wonder mare appeared and became my wife's regular partner quickly becoming besotted. I used to marvel at them both as while I could see the attraction of one - the one with four feet didn't quite have the same effect on me - I even called her "an old podder." I was to learn!

Sadly, the yard owners had a well publicised parting - resulting in the usual split up of assets - they actually attempted to load up our old podder but she had a thing about lorries - especially ones she was expected to travel in! Thus she was still resident when I did exactly the same as Dougalsmum's bloke and went up to do the deal - this despite being royally seen coming as I'd done business with the owner previously and he saw this as a fine opportunity to recoup his money! So I ended up paying at least double - as you most usually do when the seller knows they're on a winner - I only want that one.

I accompanied my wife on her next trip to ride and the whole yard was in on the "secret" till the last - a great moment.

However, the old plodder, once relieved of working livery chores became far from easy, to the extent that I could see her being advertised as "not a novice ride" which in reality my wife would always be - she looked good in the saddle but never took to the call of the wild that all animals have every now and then. Following one of these little episodes in which she was unceremoniously carted through a forest bent backwards - she decided enough was enough - and I got the ride!!!

What was that I said about being besotted? I spent an ever increasing amount of time with the mare and less with my wife - all with the near perfect excuse of - "I was looking after YOUR horse"! A situation that continued for seventeen wonderful years. My avatar is a piccy of both myself and wondermare in our heydays around 1985.

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
top points for your man!!!! as you will be bringing the dogs back to the uk, i am sure the horse will join them! but to be on the safe side i would start a horse travel fund account now!!!! as said previously a few £s each week soon mounts up! i would look into the cost of flying the horse to uk, and work out a savings plan so you have a back up plan just in case your lovely husband draws the line at flying the horse home. Pictures are required please!!!! Enjoy your lovely new horse, and your husband.

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Thats brilliant, but what will happen after the few years you say you are there for ? will you sell or take him with you ? sorry to ask just wondered your long term thoughts

showqa

Visit site
Lucky, lucky lady - on three counts. Wonderful husband, wonderful new horse and living in a wonderful country! So pleased to share such lovely news - keep in touch with us all won't you!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I am often fond of telling people that I share one similarity with the Aga Khan - we both bought our wives horses for Christmas ( must a been a date that coincided with Xmas seeing as we're talking about a Khan but I digress).

Her indoors missed out on all things horsey until both daughters began to ride - they progressed to the stage where it became serious so we traded up to "The Best School in the Country" and one of the top in the world at the time - not that we are filthy rich or anything - just an accident of geography. The girls did well and their tutors asked their mum if she could ride and started the whole merry-go-round.

A certain wonder mare appeared and became my wife's regular partner quickly becoming besotted. I used to marvel at them both as while I could see the attraction of one - the one with four feet didn't quite have the same effect on me - I even called her "an old podder." I was to learn!

Sadly, the yard owners had a well publicised parting - resulting in the usual split up of assets - they actually attempted to load up our old podder but she had a thing about lorries - especially ones she was expected to travel in! Thus she was still resident when I did exactly the same as Dougalsmum's bloke and went up to do the deal - this despite being royally seen coming as I'd done business with the owner previously and he saw this as a fine opportunity to recoup his money! So I ended up paying at least double - as you most usually do when the seller knows they're on a winner - I only want that one.

I accompanied my wife on her next trip to ride and the whole yard was in on the "secret" till the last - a great moment.

However, the old plodder, once relieved of working livery chores became far from easy, to the extent that I could see her being advertised as "not a novice ride" which in reality my wife would always be - she looked good in the saddle but never took to the call of the wild that all animals have every now and then. Following one of these little episodes in which she was unceremoniously carted through a forest bent backwards - she decided enough was enough - and I got the ride!!!

What was that I said about being besotted? I spent an ever increasing amount of time with the mare and less with my wife - all with the near perfect excuse of - "I was looking after YOUR horse"! A situation that continued for seventeen wonderful years. My avatar is a piccy of both myself and wondermare in our heydays around 1985.

Love your story. Made me smile, bit of a menage a trois then ?

Lippyx

Essex... In my bubble, floating above reality!!
Visit site
QR - you are one lucky person! Think that we all dream of our not-so-horsey OH's buying us our dream horse, I have dreamt many a time that my OH will surprise me with the purchase of Horlicks, maybe one day!
I hope you, Casper and your OH have many wonderful years together.