I've found a calmer that *actually works*!

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
*Public Service Announcement*

I've found a calmer for shows that actually, noticeably works.

I used Confidence EQ yesterday when we were doing a main ring quadrille display at a show with a funfair, umbrellas being used as sunshades by spectators, donkeys, cows and sheep all in sight, a very loud PA system and a hunt parading. Three minor bounces during our first trot and THAT'S IT. He went and had a look at a cow (usually very suspicious creatures). He even coped when a carriage kept going past the horsebox - coping is a MASSIVE improvement on previous OMG meltdown meeting carriages moments.

And I had a spare sachet so we used it on a 17.3 hw hunter who was struggling to cope with the atmosphere and his rider reported a massive improvement within 30mins of application and is off to buy some this morning.

Its supposed to be a synthetic replica of the feel-safe pheromone that mares pass to their foals straight after birth. You smear it round their nostrils. Magic stuff!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Lol glad it worked for you. Mine went sleepy as soon as I smeared it on her nose, and then was sharper than a sharp thing about 10 minutes later. never again! :lol:

asommerville

Visit site
That's good - mine was fab to load and by he time I got there was a complete maniac!! Never again ����

old hand

Visit site
You can buy it in liquid form it is called Pax. You put it on yourself so that you become the mare and the horse follows you. It works really well. You can spray it on the trailer or lorry to calm them down but never put it on the horse otherwise the horse becomes the leader and you end up in trouble, about £22 delivered and a small bottle should last you a couple of years. In the sixties it was called the secret weapon and only old horsemen knew about it.