Jai Johnson

popcorn1

Visit site
He's recently posted really vile, unprofessional comments on Sophie Seymour equestrian fb page.

She had had a horse PTS after extensive veterinary investigations concluding various issue/pain which he did not agree with and seems to think the horse just needed riding through it.

Leo Walker

Visit site
104303073_1225554824449396_3331747320218393102_o.jpg

104212080_1225554831116062_8652636756652101230_o.jpg

104211654_1225554871116058_1596929922608477014_o.jpg

104274976_1225554881116057_4124342948973578828_o.jpg

Now let the vile little man come n here and tell me he doesn't work lame horses or just push them through pain!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
His posts are appalling. To openly declare that putting a horse in significant pain down is a 'waste' of the horse and that people who won't ride lame horses are 'too scared' to ride. Urghh. Upthread I wanted to give someone who had a difficult start to life but was making a decent future for himself the benefit of the doubt but he deserves nothing but contempt now. Ego the size of a planet and clearly does not give a damn about the welfare of horses.

Leo Walker

Visit site
His response on his page is laughable

Jay Johnson

f2StSS ponhsrosrlnued
·
_BSrkXmU94d.png

v_MQ4bBP4g8.png

I would Just like too make a statement!! There has been a lot of publicity over a argument over another professional in the same Job as me.
Firstly I respect any in the same Job as me or willing to save a horses life!. I am always supporting anyone that is trying too help a horse or save a horses life. I am always there too offer too help if they cannot do it!!
After everyone has had there say??.......I have been brought up too do the best by the horse!! If a vet said too you your horse is in pain?? Would you want too end the suffering or would you let the horse carry on in pain too do a photo shoot??? Put platts in keep the horse alive?? I am so upset how they can dress up such a bad situation?? And not let him go and do the best by him.
Some horses can lock there legs and sleep and some get down and sleep!! So how do you know that poor horse isn’t standing in a field legs locked in pain?? If your are a professional or not we all love horses!!
Would you keep the horse alive in pain?? So please tell me she has made the right decisions on this horse now!! Its the only reason i spoke up because this is not the best for this horse!!. I don’t care about what people think, what i lose, how unprofessional i sound but i will risk it all have my say too do the best by the horse!!
do you see why?? I got upset and had my say?? What person thats loves horses would make the end of a horses life longer too do a photo shoot and keep the horse in pain??
Sorry if I offended anyone in my comments, but when it comes too horses do the best!! By the horse if it means ending the horses life!! Don’t keep the horse alive, put platts make him suffer more for a photo shoot!!

Not quite what he said originally. Hes deleting comments faster than people can type, but very few people are interested in his rant, so hopefully there's a few horses he wont get his hands on now.

be positive

Visit site
His response on his page is laughable

Not quite what he said originally. Hes deleting comments faster than people can type, but very few people are interested in his rant, so hopefully there's a few horses he wont get his hands on now.

The statements make very little sense, they remind me of rants/ rambles by Trumpo_O

He says people are too scared to ride their horses through it, presumably pain can be ridden through if you wear enough kit to protect yourself from damage :rolleyes: I don't see what taking some photos before a horse is pts has to do with anything, plenty of horses can be comfortable enough to pootle about but would not be capable of being ridden and to do so would be cruel.

Visit site
What an absolute piece of scum. Who the hell Lacks such compassion that they post to say a horse has gone to waste when a responsible owner has had their beloved horse PTS, because they are suffering.

His posts are rambling and make no sense whatsoever, he’s either drunk or has some real mental issues.

What an absolute piece of scum, at least it’s out there and hopefully makes people see sense and not let him near their horses.

This has made my blood boil for poor Sophie, having just had my beloved companion PTS I can’t imagine the extra pain she is now feeling from some complete scumbag.

HayleyUK

Visit site
The guy evidently has some kind of ego/power trip thing going on.

There was a video a while ago of him on a young horse, chestnut if I remember rightly - turning itself inside out on a concrete yard whilst he clung on. That’s not normal horse behaviour and needs investigating rather than some limpet trick rider sticking to it till it gives in.

Id shoot them myself before I sent anything to him, and don’t think his public attack on Sophie Seymour then total back track has helped his cause.

nikkimariet

Visit site
There was a video a while ago of him on a young horse, chestnut if I remember rightly - turning itself inside out on a concrete yard whilst he clung on. That’s not normal horse behaviour and needs investigating rather than some limpet trick rider sticking to it till it gives in.

I know that horse (if we are thinking of the same one), the behaviour reverted within days of ‘rehab’ concluding.

As for the SS/JJ debacle... Hideous. The horse shouldn’t have got that far imho, the checks should have been done before even sending it away, the arguing over the then unavoidable but very fair, peaceful and logical ending of its life once you know that’s the only option, is beyond revolting.

Anyone who has lost a horse (or any animal) knows it is a decision not taken lightly.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I do think that there is a place for an old fashioned work rider for naughty horses, and that often horses get into an unhelpful pattern that can quickly be stopped. Sometimes owners have simply trained (unintentionally) these habits in. Up thread I too felt I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

But now? No. Once a horse has been PTS it is sacrosanct that you don't criticise.

Besides, it is nonsensical, the horse was apparently fine for some bish bash bosh, but not fine to be plaited up for a photo? Eh?

I suspect he was not in his best, thinking, frame of mind when he wrote that, but it was unforgivable towards the owner. I think he believes all his own press.

nikkimariet

Visit site
I do think that there is a place for an old fashioned work rider for naughty horses, and that often horses get into an unhelpful pattern that can quickly be stopped. Sometimes owners have simply trained (unintentionally) these habits in. Up thread I too felt I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

But now? No. Once a horse has been PTS it is sacrosanct that you don't criticise.

Besides, it is nonsensical, the horse was apparently fine for some bish bash bosh, but not fine to be plaited up for a photo? Eh?

I suspect he was not in his best, thinking, frame of mind when he wrote that, but it was unforgivable towards the owner. I think he believes all his own press.

150%.

Leo Walker

Visit site

Theres always a place for a good old fashioned work rider. But I don't think that's him. I know a few people who can sit out anything but they don't behave like he does. No ya, ya, ride the pony crap, and no enormous egos and huge chips on their shoulder.

Dwyran_gold

Visit site
Threads like this make me really sad tbf. Whether someone’s in the wrong or not. I don’t think our lesson from Caroline flack lasted very long at all.

ihatework

Visit site
Threads like this make me really sad tbf. Whether someone’s in the wrong or not. I don’t think our lesson from Caroline flack lasted very long at all.

It makes me very sad too.
Sad for all the horses he gets hold of.
Sad for all the owners he sucks in.
Sad for people he bullies and attacks.

And also quite sad for him. He clearly has some significant issues, seems almost illiterate, anger management and probably underlying mental health issues. Sounds like a very bad upbringing too. It’s possible to feel sad for someone whilst also not condoning their behaviour.

scats

Visit site

Normally I would agree with you, but unfortunately this weekend this man has really done himself no favours. Mr Johnson didn’t think about the impact his words could have when he responded to a young girl on FB, who was having a horse put to sleep after discovering it had severe arthritis of its coffin joint, basically telling her she was disgusting for digging too deep to find a problem with it and not just riding it through the pain. The stuff he said about her was frankly vile. The girl in question has posted today that she has had a dreadful year with several losses. What if Mr Johnson’s comments had been the ones to push her over the edge?

Dwyran_gold

Visit site
Normally I would agree with you, but unfortunately this weekend this man has really done himself no favours. Mr Johnson didn’t think about the impact his words could have when he responded to a young girl on FB, who was having a horse put to sleep after discovering it had severe arthritis of its coffin joint, basically telling her she was disgusting for digging too deep to find a problem with it and not just riding it through the pain. The stuff he said about her was frankly vile. The girl in question has posted today that she has had a dreadful year with several losses. What if Mr Johnson’s comments had been the ones to push her over the edge?

I completely agree, i can’t stand any of it. Social media and the people on it are brutal sometimes and it’s uncomfortable to watch and must be awful to be the recipient.

JFTDWS

Visit site
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that posting on social media can provoke a backlash. The answer isn't "be kind", it's "think before you post". Think before you attack others, think before you post videos of yourself doing awful things to animals, maybe even think before you offer to ride people's very broken horses for money... If Mr Johnson is happy to post on social media in the manner he has done, he deserves all he gets.

teddypops

Visit site
I know that horse (if we are thinking of the same one), the behaviour reverted within days of ‘rehab’ concluding.

As for the SS/JJ debacle... Hideous. The horse shouldn’t have got that far imho, the checks should have been done before even sending it away, the arguing over the then unavoidable but very fair, peaceful and logical ending of its life once you know that’s the only option, is beyond revolting.

Anyone who has lost a horse (or any animal) knows it is a decision not taken lightly.
According to her page, the horse was terrified of vets so went to SS so she could work with him in order to allow vet examination. I don’t think there is anything wrong with anything she or owner has done.

NinjaPony

Visit site
I wouldn't let him near one of my horses with a 10 foot javelin. Clinging on while a distressed horse throws itself around hysterically, until they are too tired to carry on fighting, does not constitute 'rehabilitation' to me. Not to mention that he seems to be a thoroughly unpleasant person. There are no 'quick fixes' with horses and I sincerely hope that this unpleasant episode will prevent any more naive people sending him their horses.