Janet George RIP

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
What very sad news. I loved Janet's posts on here. Knowledgeable but kindly, never nasty or patronising. She was a wonderful woman.

Reactions: JJS

honetpot

Visit site
I never met Janet, but worked with her on a Facebook group, I have just been reading her old messages. She was so full of life, drive and knowledge. I had not heard from her for a while, but assumed she was busy with the horses, even though she has downsized, from forty.
She will be missed by many, not just her family.

Lyle

Visit site
I only knew of Janet through this forum, but her posts were always so full of knowledge.
Condolences to family and friends.

ImmyS

Visit site
So sad to see this. I always admired Janet’s wealth of experience and passion for horses. She will be sorely missed ❤️

sky1000

Visit site
I was very sad to hear this. She was very generous with her time and knowledge and I loved her comments about the horses she had bred.

Sealine

Visit site
Thanks for the charity link. It was super easy to make a donation in her memory. I know it’s Christmas but it would be lovely if those who are able to could make a small donation.

wills_91

Visit site
I was saddened to see this on EMW fb page this morning, I didn't know Janet other than through the forum but she kindly gave her time via pm to offer advise to me many years ago. A wealth of knowledge and I always enjoyed reading her input. Thoughts with her friends and family at this sad time.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Very sad news, I spoke to Janet years ago while looking for a ID stallion to use on my mare, she was marvellous, spoke to me (a complete stranger) for ages and gave me the details of another stallion owner as hers was not suitable (at the time was doing natural only and I needed AI) really lovely lady. As someone further up said a real legend. Will send donation to EMW in her memory, Goodnight Janet ?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I know that there was a recent thread enquiring about Janet, and that thread was subsequently locked, but there has now been an official announcement made under JG's Facebook account. I hope that it is therefore ok to start a new thread where people can express their condolences at the loss of an HHO stalwart.

It is with deep sadness that we have to announce that Janet peacefully passed away at home on Sunday 21st November. Janet's funeral will be taking place on Friday 21st January - 10.30 am at the Kidderminster Crematorium. Please contact myself Mandy Weston via email (mandy@westonswillsandprobate.co.uk) to let me know if you wish to attend . Arrangements regarding the wake will be announced in due course.

RIP Janet. Thank you for your time and help with pairing me with the wonderful Indigo Tammy who you bred (the mare I am riding in my avatar).
just heard, quite shocked quite honestly, she only looks about 60 in her picture. Such sad news of someone who knew how to breed ID horses and was always polite and friendly on here. Never saw her on FB.
RIP Janet, may you ride all the angel ID horses with wings up their in heaven. :confused: