Janet George RIP

teacups

Visit site
I’m another who has never met her but who is very sad to read this news.

I have read many posts by her over the years and they were always worth looking for - she seemed like a great person as well as knowledgeable.

Wishing her family, her team and all her friends strength at this time.

Annagain

Visit site
Very sad news. When I started looking for a new one, she was the first person I contacted. She sent me a lovely reply even though she had nothing suitable and sent me a few links she had come across over the subsequent few weeks. She wouldn't have profited at all from me buying any of those horses so it was pure kindness that made her do that.

Kaylum

Visit site
Such sad news. If she thought something was wrong she would challenge it and her contribution to keeping Irish Draught lines going will never be forgotten.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Oh I hadn't seen this! That's a bit of a shock.

I always enjoyed and learned from her posts and she came across as a warm, knowledgeable person. I am sure she is a huge loss to her RL friends and family but her passing will be felt by many of us on here too.

RIP Janet

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Such sad news, my thoughts are with her family. Despite never having met her, she was such a well respected and helpful poster and she will be sorely missed.
Rest easy Janet

Mrs B

Visit site
Oh no! So very sad to read this. A wise, knowledgeable and funny lady who will be much missed. I aways stopped to read what she posted ...
Sleep peacefully, Janet x ?

Borderreiver

Visit site
So shocked to learn she has gone. What a down to earth person full of common sense. I remember her through the Countryside alliance, working with the BHS and of course through the popular Saddle up forum which she ran back in the day. A strong voice which will be missed.

Cragrat

Visit site
Another who only knew her from this forum, and yet I was to impressed by her knowledge, kindness and generosity.

So sad to lose all that, and very sad for her family and friends.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
So sad to read this, she was one of those well-known members which felt as if she'd always been here. Feels strange to realise she won't share her knowledge with us anymore. Just checked, she joined HHO way back in 2001, so it feels fitting to say:
She has always been here, and now she isn't here anymore. She will be missed.

Condolences to her family, and friends, if they read this.

TheProdigal

Visit site
Back in August 2018 I drove all the way up to her place in Shropshire from Sussex to try a feisty chestnut mare, Canda Rose. She let Janet down that day but Janet was full of humour and good will, in spite of the fact it felt like she would've liked a sale. Such an open, honest, knowledgeable and intelligent soul - sadly not qualities that everyone values, it seems. I feel lucky to have met her. Respect.

ozpoz

Visit site
Very sad news. just steeped in knowledge and experience which she kindly and generously shared with everyone. Condolences to all her connections.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site