JB Sportshorses / James Brizzell / Chuck Brizzell / S Dillon

tomb

New User
Visit site
I was caught by him to. He is now operating under Summer Lees (see facebook) with Charlotte foreman in three acres, chartham hatch in Canterbury although he is still using the yard with seamus dillon in Tadley. They sold me a lame horse also, went to get my money back but they refused first but got a different horse instead with a lot to do to get that far. Definitely they are hassle and do not stick to the deals when made. I would never buy again from them. The more people that post the better for everyone. Check out Charlotte foreman's face pages and you will see the same horses and he has plenty -of assets- lorries, horses, cars, trucks which I am sure will now be registered in someone elses name if not charlotte foremans. You could try to go for all three of them- James/chuck. Seamus and Charlotte. Worth a shot especially when they are all in it together. Heard at a show at the weekend he is now living in canterbury.

adyyam

New User
Visit site
Thank you for that information , it seems so many people are being caught by this trio, James Brizzell, Seamus, and Charlotte Foreman.
If we pool together, we may get them stopped or put out of business. They are doing so much damage to horse traders elsewhere and buying a horse is already a difficult process. If there are any horse dealers out there not wishing to be tarred with the same brush as this trio of criminals, please come forward and help us put them out of the business.

tomb

New User
Visit site
I am taking legal action now against charlotte foreman and summer lees sports horses. She is at hickstead this week with James Brizzell's horses. my legal team have said I stand a chance of getting her compared to him and as she has publicly declared ownership of these horses at the show which can be traced back to Chuck/James over social media, there is a case to answer. They are now engaged and legally classed as common law husband and wife with shared assets. She has got a summons. She has now stopped advertising horses on her Facebook page. Funny that! I will continue to fight the battle as they don't deserve to be in the industry. And as for Charlotte foreman - she used to help run Duckhurst show and a few others she should be struck off and banned from any involvement in events - a disgrace!

KC45

New User
Visit site
I am taking legal action now against charlotte foreman and summer lees sports horses. She is at hickstead this week with James Brizzell's horses. my legal team have said I stand a chance of getting her compared to him and as she has publicly declared ownership of these horses at the show which can be traced back to Chuck/James over social media, there is a case to answer. They are now engaged and legally classed as common law husband and wife with shared assets. She has got a summons. She has now stopped advertising horses on her Facebook page. Funny that! I will continue to fight the battle as they don't deserve to be in the industry. And as for Charlotte foreman - she used to help run Duckhurst show and a few others she should be struck off and banned from any involvement in events - a disgrace!

Hi have you managed to get any further with your legal team. I have a similar issue. Only have 2 weeks to run bloods, but if cant get any recompense from James or Charlotte, not sure its worth the extra expense. Thanks

adyyam

New User
Visit site
No , I would get the bloods done just to prove the horse was doped, but they are notorious for ignoring customers and their legal teams. I don't think you'll ever get a refund.

adyyam

New User
Visit site
Hi Peternat, I wasted a lot of time and money doing that , they just transfer the horses, horse boxes etc, to other to other peoples names.

Bruised

Visit site
Just wanted to thank those who posted about these people as it helped me avoid disaster.

I've already lost money from one dealer who refused to return the deposit after a failed vetting and so am relieved that I haven't suffered another disaster.

The last time I bought a horse was about 10 years ago and I don't remember it being so difficult. This time around I've arranged to see horses which when I've got there are not the horses in the ad (ie not the same as in the the pic/video), driven hours and hours to find the horse is lame, been scammed out of the deposit etc etc.

I thought looking for a new horse was supposed to be a pleasure. It isn't. When I started looking a friend told me to assume everyone was dishonest. I thought they were being cynical. After recent experience I think they have a point.

tanitabellon

Visit site
Well Seamus Dillon is back

I just looked at a mare at a new stables he has built in Kent. He'd advertised on Horse Quest, and the mare has some potentially serious issues which, me not being in this world since a teenager, didn't pick up on but some really cool subscribers on this site did. Although I think she would have failed a 5point vet check, not everyone will do this and could buy a very unsound horse.

However, SD said nothing and presented her as being fit for sale with no issues. This is clearly not the case. He happily let my 12yr old daughter on her knowing we wanted a horse for competitions xc etc..

The stables has no name, just a postcode and he never gave me his surname, others found it for me on this site.

Horse presented v well in the school and good natured, quiet, easy to handle so seemed a great little girl, however her back feet were unshod and untidy and she had gained some weight compared to the videos of her on the advert. She has been there 5 months. Only after asking for advice on this site and posting photos we took of her feet and her standing side on did more expert people point out major issues with her feet and pelvis potentially. Now, for general hacking and light work, this mare may be ok, but I certainly wouldn't want to ride her the way we intend to without risking some nasty vet bills.

Hope this helps

Upthecreek

Visit site
Well Seamus Dillon is back

I just looked at a mare at a new stables he has built in Kent. He'd advertised on Horse Quest, and the mare has some potentially serious issues which, me not being in this world since a teenager, didn't pick up on but some really cool subscribers on this site did. Although I think she would have failed a 5point vet check, not everyone will do this and could buy a very unsound horse.

However, SD said nothing and presented her as being fit for sale with no issues. This is clearly not the case. He happily let my 12yr old daughter on her knowing we wanted a horse for competitions xc etc..

The stables has no name, just a postcode and he never gave me his surname, others found it for me on this site.

Horse presented v well in the school and good natured, quiet, easy to handle so seemed a great little girl, however her back feet were unshod and untidy and she had gained some weight compared to the videos of her on the advert. She has been there 5 months. Only after asking for advice on this site and posting photos we took of her feet and her standing side on did more expert people point out major issues with her feet and pelvis potentially. Now, for general hacking and light work, this mare may be ok, but I certainly wouldn't want to ride her the way we intend to without risking some nasty vet bills.

Hope this helps

What I would say is that when anyone is buying a horse from any kind of seller they need to ask lots of questions, go with their eyes wide open and if inexperienced themselves, take someone with them who is. It isn’t just dealers, there are plenty of unscrupulous private sellers around too.

If you are satisfied after trying the horse & questions have been answered to your satisfaction, have the horse vetted BY A VET OF YOUR CHOICE. Do not use one recommended by the seller because “I don’t use him but he’s coming anyway to do another vetting so will save you the whole call out fee”. Really think about what is being said to you and why.

Above all, trust your instincts and if something just doesn’t feel right walk away. It is too emotionally draining to buy a horse that doesn’t turn out to be right for you, whatever the reason. Even more so when children are involved.

Good luck with finding your perfect horse. He or she will be out there so don’t rush into anything and regret it later.

Pegleg

Visit site
What I would say is that when anyone is buying a horse from any kind of seller they need to ask lots of questions, go with their eyes wide open and if inexperienced themselves, take someone with them who is. It isn’t just dealers, there are plenty of unscrupulous private sellers around too.

If you are satisfied after trying the horse & questions have been answered to your satisfaction, have the horse vetted BY A VET OF YOUR CHOICE. Do not use one recommended by the seller because “I don’t use him but he’s coming anyway to do another vetting so will save you the whole call out fee”. Really think about what is being said to you and why.

Above all, trust your instincts and if something just doesn’t feel right walk away. It is too emotionally draining to buy a horse that doesn’t turn out to be right for you, whatever the reason. Even more so when children are involved.

Good luck with finding your perfect horse. He or she will be out there so don’t rush into anything and regret it later.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Even bad dealers sell some good horses. My friend's Badminton grass roots eventer came from a man who was later prosecuted for horse passport fraud. If you really like the horse, you could just get a truly independent vet, bloods taken and put aside several hundred pounds for testing the bloods for painkillers and sedatives the moment you have any suspicions it's not right.

I would also test for strangles, a horse I had owned ended up down in Kent with the dodgy female, from having been in north Staffordshire, and subsequently turned out to be a strangles carrier.

honetpot

Visit site
I am always surprised when people do not do simple checks. If a horse hasn’t got a passport or it’s a replacement I would want a really good reason why and of course the vet should check the chip to see it’s the right horse. No passport no money.
As soon as a horse gets a replacement you can lose it’s age, breeding anything else which may lead you to it’s record. The name that it was originally registered in can be Googled, you can find previous adds, competition history and previous owners. Even a freeze mark can give you some information.

I bought a young horse that seller had bought from a dodgy dealer who was local. She knew what she was buying and who she buying from. He was a nice horse with good temperament and was bargain basement and it worked out for us.

Abijess88

New User
Visit site
I bought a horse from James Brizzell for my daughter explained she wasn’t that brave needed something safe we bought a grey horse was ok for about 3 months then bolted with my daughter and bolted with our trainer we took it back got another horse was stung for even more money that horse was dangerous nasty not the horses fault but it was absolutely no good for us I read a post saying blood test I did that had blood tested it came back clear !!! I had evidence of all the drugs he uses on horses from someone who worked there pain killers and sedatives I was suing him through the courts wanted more evidence my blood test came back clear and cost me £400 I didn’t pursue my claim lost £9,800.00. Basically don’t buy a horse from James Brizzell, he was in East Sussex then now in Kent.

onemoretime

Visit site
I have just been through a long and painful court process with James Brizzell of JB Sportshorses and I wanted to make as many people aware of it as possible so that they don't have to go through a similar experience.

I purchased a horse from Mr James Brizzell, who is a horse trader operating in the local area (who trades under the name JB Sportshorses). I purchased the horse following misrepresentations made by Mr Brizzell that it would be suitable for my fourteen year old daughter to ride, but the horse proved to be wholly unfit for purpose.

A court has ordered Mr Brizzell to pay me £19,560.32 in respect of the misselling of the horse.

I purchased the horse from Mr Brizzell on 31 August 2016. Mr Brizzell had advertised the horse as "easy in all aspects of her daily care well schooled [and] safe and sensible", and his agent, Mr Seamus Dillon, described the horse to me as entirely suitable for my teenage daughter. I purchased the horse after a veterinary examination indicated that it would be suitable for a novice rider.

However, after purchasing the horse, it quickly became clear that the horse was unsuitable; two weeks after the purchase, the horse bolted and bucked my daughter off during her riding lesson, and the riding instructor at my daughter's school was so concerned about its behaviour that she insisted it was removed. A subsequent veterinary examination confirmed that painkiller medications had been given to the horse prior to the purchase which had masked the fact that the horse was in fact lame, dangerous when ridden and wholly unsuitable.

Mr Brizzell refused to repay the purchase price and refused to take the horse back. The County Court at Basingstoke made an order on 20 July 2017 for Mr Brizzell to pay me £12,048.27 in damages, interest of £12.05 and £7,500 in legal fees.

However, Mr Brizzell has refused to comply with the order and apparently has no assets in his name, so I have not been paid. I am infinitely less concerned by the money, however, than by the fact that my daughter was extremely lucky to escape very serious injury - and I want to do whatever I can to avoid others being put in the same position.

PLEASE INSIST ON A BLOOD TEST IF YOU ARE HAVING A JJB HORSE VETTED AND GET IT CHECKED BEFORE PURCHASING.

Were you given any feed for the horse when you purchased it?