Jordan talking about horses & Olympics

Jump2It

Visit site
i just hope she doesnt get the flu during the olympics
wink.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I admire her attitude but think she's missing the most important point, it's no good thinking you can ride at that level with lots of training, there needs to be an inborn talent which only a few riders have.
It's a form of communication to a level the majority of us could never achieve.
We had one of the countries top S Jumpers come to view a horse I had for sale.
It was a hot difficult ride with immense talent, and several professional had ridden her but failed to click. this chap got on, and it was like watching witchcraft at work, the horse's attitude said "Yes, what would you like me to do and how?" and it went as no-one had persuaded it to previously, despite them being what I would consider good riders. If you watch a top professional they all have it, and it's not anything that can be taught no matter how hard they try.
I don't think KP is doing anything but good for dressage, let's face it the current image is mostly of snotty people with tons of money, how many times have you read posts on here from people worried about whether they will fit in when going affilliated?
I don't like her pink or over the top outfits but all credit to KP, anyone can dream and as we all know, learning a new skill is a wonderful time in your life, and horses are a great leveller; she will either improve or quietly go back to being a hacking rider...
I don't think we will see her at the Olympics, but we can all have dreams!
grin.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
A very generous allowance, calling them dreams
smile.gif
I personally call them delusions in her case. I haven't noticed a shred of humility in her, and think humiliation can't be far away. No horse cares for ego.

You are so right about that inborn, natural ability to get a horse on your side in ways so subtle it doesn't realise the rider is in charge. It's a rare gift and I see it daily, so I know what it looks like. I have yet to see it with KP. Could someone advise her that it might give her some credibility amongst us if her PR peeps could obtain footage of a horse throwing itself at her feet
wink.gif

On a different note, pink and orange clash terribly - or doesn't she realise that either?
tongue.gif

chunkytfg

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Unless KP is REALLY as stupid as she sometimes appears to be (and I don't think she is!) then she KNOWS she won't make 2012 Olympics - in fact her chances for 2016 don't look great either!! There are plenty of riders with FAR more ability and years of experience AND plenty of money behind them who can't be sure of a place.

BUT the media is essential to her business - so she courts it! There's no good being shy and retiring and working quietly away at your riding if your REAL aim is to get as much publicity as you possibly can for your equine range. And she doesn't care if WE think her a loudmouth fool - she can cry about it all the way to the bank!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

JanetGeorge, that is EXACTLY my take on it all too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

TicTac

Visit site
I have to agree with Cattie and Kick_on. Katie knows how to work the media and has the money to give her a step or two up the ladder but she has neither the professionalism or the ability to ever be considered for the Olympics. However, if her horses are that good then they might be selected but for another rider?

Dream on Katie just like the rest of us.............

EquestrianType

Visit site
What total bigoted nonsense! so what if she dreams of the Olympics,she cannot do any worse than the last lot that went to China! the same old faces with the same old lame excuses on why they failed so maybe time for new blood which may not include KP.
And as for 'if her horses are that good enough then they might be selected for another rider' what about getting shot of some/most of the Olympic 'regulars' and give some new up coming talent a go at it but on the 'regs' horses?
Is KP any different than Phillips who has only achieved because of horses supplied but has about as much talent to manage a seaside donkey.
Horses for courses as they say.

LynneB

Visit site
I couldn't agree more. What she is suggesting she would like to do is completely harmless to anyone else. No rider would get anywhere near the top without a first class horse so why should she not buy herself some top class horses? Would none of you if you had the money to do so?

Why don't you all post your dreams on here so that others can critically pull them apart and let you know why you should not even aspire to anything other than your given lot in life?

lucretia

Visit site
i dont think i could go quite as far as saying zara is as talentless as a seaside donkey but i do agree with the rest of your comments to an extent.
i totally agreee with breezes_mum though. well said.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]

Is KP any different than Phillips who has only achieved because of horses supplied but has about as much talent to manage a seaside donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY different! 1) Zara IS a talented rider who has worked damn hard for the successes she's had.
2) We never heard a WORD about Zara wanting to go to the Olympics a couple of years ago - she's always been extremely modest and unassuming about her ambitions - she let her results do the talking!!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]

Why don't you all post your dreams on here so that others can critically pull them apart and let you know why you should not even aspire to anything other than your given lot in life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because dreams are generally private! We all have them - some of them attainable - some of them real pie in the sky (and the vast majority of us have the sense to keep those particularly private so people don't think we're idiots!!
grin.gif
)

lucretia

Visit site
as you said before, KP certainly knows how to work the media but i just dont think she should be so fiercely rubbished because she has vocalised what many of us secretly hope for.
fair enough to say she is an idot if she thinks its that easy but i dont expect she does think that, she has had to work damn hard to learn to ride her posh horse. as i said earlier look how much she improved from hickstead to HOYS.
however she has certainly achieved one thing..... we are all talking about her- AGAIN!! xx

MagicMelon

Visit site
I personally find her very irritating. I respect her for achieving what she has considering how thick she comes across. As others have said, the olmpics are a dream to many. Everyone dreams of being top of their sport but we'd all look ridiculous claiming we plan to get there. She'd gain more respect just quietly going about her business otherwise she may well get shot down when she doesnt make it.

Its just like that Oliver Skeet bloke ages ago who decided he'd learn to ride with the aim of show jumping at the olympics... he didnt get far, even though I believe he had access to some excellent horses!

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
Good luck to her I say.
NO ONE get's to the Olympic's without a lot of dosh and a top horse so why is she any different.
Despite what other's may say OF COURSE dressage is easier than SJ and Eventing and that's obvious for all to see.
Let's face it, she can't do any worse than the muppets who went to Hong Kong

Cluny

Visit site
Personally I think no-one gets to the Olympics without a top horse, money or good backers, total dedication and talent. Can you honestly imagine KP competing against the likes of Anky, Laura B or Isabel???????

I have to totally disagree with the comment that Zara has no talent, anyone who saw her ride around a 4* cross country course in the pouring rain (couldn't remember whether it was Blenheim or Burghley) can see that!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
<font color="blue"> Let's face it, she can't do any worse than the muppets who went to Hong Kong </font>

You reckon?
smirk.gif

Why aren't people beating a path to her door then, instead of Carl Hester's? How many offers, exactly, of top rides has she had?

It's why the pro's are welcoming her into the 'arena' - loads of free publicity (of sorts) for their sport. Couldn't be better.
grin.gif
Bet none of them are losing sleep over her as competition.

Lucretia <font color="blue"> we are all talking about her- AGAIN!! </font>

Definitely, but in the same way as laughing at her not with her
blush.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If I said I was going to the 2012 Olympics I'd EXPECT people to give me a wake up call! Especially if I thought so highly of myself that I blabbed about it to the press...

Paddywhack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
feel free, we can hold hands and wail at the same time then.....:)

[/ QUOTE ]
I will join...Jordan is the most embarrassing joke ever,we all got dreams but are at the same time realistic,can you imagine her in her bright pink and double FF's bouncing up and down crikey,we will be the biggest laughing stock ever,OR she can be the entertainment ??
And Zara is VERY talented,i am involved in the eventing world with my horse who is a 3 star horse and if you jumping on a 3-4 star level you can not trust the horse to do it for you,you GOT to be a team with your horse.

LynneB

Visit site
I'm afraid you have missed the point, Lucretia and I were wailing at the view that people cannot seem to have dreams and aspire to something they have always wanted to do.

No one has the right to cast aspertions upon someone else's dreams. So what if she does not make it, she will have tried and enjoyed herself along the way. Perhaps if she spoke with a posh accent things would be different, but how dare this woman impinge upon what is often referred to by people on here as "their" sport. Just because some would not voice them out loud is their decision. I just don't see what all the hoo haa is to be honest, if she doesn't do it, she has harmed no one in the process - she buys her own horses, does not need anyone to lend her one and funds it all herself. I for one am glad she does not listen to those saying what an idiot she will look.

What if there are children reading this who would love to do something that others view as out of their limits? Would you tell them to give up now as they are too useless to do anything like that and people will laugh at them? Well, don't worry, they only have to read this thread to get that idea.

I suppose I will just never get the "let's jump all over so and so because we think they can't make their dreams" attitude to life. If someone wants to try something, let them.

I think only one person said Zara was not talented, I think she is extremely hard working and puts in a lot of effort and harms no one in her aspirations to get to the top in eventing, oh wait..who does that sound like?

zefragile

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Let's face it, she can't do any worse than the muppets who went to Hong Kong

[/ QUOTE ]
Emma Hindle did really well, actually.

Paddywhack

Visit site
I don't think that kids reading this would actually care if her dreams are crushed by the forum members or not,is she a good role model in general with those short skirts/shorts/tops that leaves NOTHING to the imagination,i think THAT'S more damaging for a child to see.
Someone said that its all about media and I could not agree more.