Jordan talking about horses & Olympics

lucretia

Visit site
and we are STILL talking about her **rocks self faster and starts self mutilating**
wink.gif

suzysparkle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What total bigoted nonsense! so what if she dreams of the Olympics,she cannot do any worse than the last lot that went to China! the same old faces with the same old lame excuses on why they failed so maybe time for new blood which may not include KP.
And as for 'if her horses are that good enough then they might be selected for another rider' what about getting shot of some/most of the Olympic 'regulars' and give some new up coming talent a go at it but on the 'regs' horses?
Is KP any different than Phillips who has only achieved because of horses supplied but has about as much talent to manage a seaside donkey.
Horses for courses as they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unbelievable.

Firstly, you simply could not ride round the likes of Badminton and Burghley without being very talented. I fence judged at a 2* event up here this year and trust me when I say both Zara and Ruth Edge (2 of the very few big names that made the trip this far North) stuck out like sore thumbs - in a very good way. Secondly, Jordan has brought much needed publicity to a sport that really had very little beforehand. I bet you loads of people never knew what it was before she started going on about it. She's been riding since a kid and who of us in that boat deny that competing in the Olympics is a dream?

To be the best you need to be good AND have horsepower. There are many riders, very good ones, who never make it due to not being able to afford the right Horse. It's a sad, but true fact in all disciplines. However, you also need to be a good rider. You simply can't get on a highly trained dressage Horse and know what buttons to push without a lot of work!!

Visit site
What she did at HOYS was far from actual dressage, anyone can sit on a well trained horse and do a few flying changes. She does not yet have the seat and the hands to be considered as an olympic hopeful and definately not for 2012. Who on earth is going to choose her over carl hester or laura b? Yes laura and emma hindle might have money too but they have put in years of hard work and actually have the natural talent for it, which, im not too sure if katie has. Well done katie for giving it a go, but shut up with all this olympic rubbish.

TS_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that kids reading this would actually care if her dreams are crushed by the forum members or not,is she a good role model in general with those short skirts/shorts/tops that leaves NOTHING to the imagination,i think THAT'S more damaging for a child to see.
Someone said that its all about media and I could not agree more.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't think you can use how she dresses against her, you only have to walk the down the high street and see similar. Its the type of society we live in, i can assure you KP is not the only one who wears short skirts/shorts and tops that leave nothing to the imagination! Im not being rude to anyone but people do seem to just find as many things as possible to say to be nasty about her. If you don't like her don't read or watch anything she does, it'll only wind you up and to be honest is it worth it?

blackstar

Visit site
I do not think for a second that KP will make the 2012 Olympics, even with expensive trainers and a top horse on her side. Her speaking about it though, does not wind me up or anger me. Its a dream, and her interest in horses is not fleeting, I understand she has ridden all her life. I am not sure if she is even serious, perhaps she is and genuinely believes she will be able to do it...I reckon its pie in the sky. Personally I am a bit of a snob when it comes to KP, I find her clothing range pretty vulgar, I find the way she has made her money pretty vulgar, but I am sure she doesn't give a toss about my opinion, as she is laughing all the way to the bank! I think it is snobbery which has us all up in a furore about her, if she brings a bit of media attention to equestrianism then I am all for it. People who ride know that she is no dressage star, and people who don't and are just watching it to see her, may get hooked and come into our sport. I don't particularly want to watch her ride a prelim dressage test (or whatever it was she did!) but we live in a world obsessed by celebrity, and there are plenty people who do want to see her.

Onyxia

Visit site
(QR)
It makes me giggle that KP or any other celebrity would think they can get to the top of a sport by throwing money at it.
Sure,cash helps and to make it in the horse world you need a lot of it but without talent,all the money in the world counts for nothing.
I really do belive that extra somehting that makes the difference between a good rider and an olympic rider is inborn and cant be taught.

I wish her and anyone else dreaming of a shot at the olympics well,but will always think KP would have been better as an owner.
She could have bought a few top horses and simply turned up with cameras in tow to watch it compete while doing some real good for the sport...

gemmaweir

Visit site
You have to admire her, although I agree as you learn more about riding you realise how much more you have to learn and how much further your dreams were than you realised........but lets be honest, what she sets her mind to, she generally achieves so I can see why she thinks at this moment it is possible.....Years ago if she said I am going to become a multi millionaire by flashing my t*ts people would have laughed! The trouble is when we all have hopes/ambitions/aspirations no one listens and we probably quite quickly realise what is possible and what isn't..........but had a few years ago someone put a microphone under my mouth and asked me what I would have liked to have been achieving in 4 yrs I would possibly have said something that looking back now would have been unachievable and ridiculous!! Luckily my thoughts remained in my head!!

TS_

Visit site
Just thought i'd add to this that she only did the whole flashing t*ts thing for a year so i don't think that's how she's made millions, that's just what got the ball rolling.