Just why is the sport of eventing so heartbreaking? Badminton...

only_me

Visit site
Bad days happen, but good days come from the experience of bad days!
smile.gif

I hope you get to the bottom of what happend, it could just be something as simple as her very excited at badminton and not eating enough
smile.gif

Did you get a good goody bag? what was in it? I am very curious, please tell!
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Chin up lovely! I was listening to the dressage feed and I do hope you have/get a chance to listen to it as the powers that be were VERY complimentary about you!

Here's hoping Connie will be fit as a fiddle ASAP
laugh.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
Glad you have found out what went wrong - I felt absolutely gutted for you but it's like everyone says you live to fight another day - hope she's better for Bramham, it's such a lovely atmosphere there. Hugs for you and Connie x

Kentisheventer

Visit site
All i can say, is well done for getting there! you mustr be so proud to do some of the course... and was really excited to 'know of' someone competing there... you looked fab up to that point and it was a good decision to retire.

Good luck at your next shot
smile.gif

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
First of all (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

You and your mare fully deserved to be at badders and did yourselved proud.
smile.gif
smile.gif

These things do happen (mostly at the wrong time) but at least you are both ok and as someone has said there is always next year.
smile.gif
smile.gif

conniegirl

Visit site
Hugs for you!
At least you got there and deserved to be there! AND were sensible enough to pull her up and not ask her to continue.

tieing up is just one of those things that happen unfortunately. I had my lad for 5 years on exactly the same diet and exercise regime and then he tied up at one of the big shows. Hasnt ever done it before or since!

You've always got next year and i'm sure we will all be cheering you on

Nic

Visit site
I'm in awe of you for even getting there!

I know how devestating tying up can be, but don't write this off as your one opportunity.

daisycrazy

Visit site
Well done for feeling she wasn't right and retiring. As others have said, I am certain that this is simply one of many opportunities you will have with your cracking little horse. You know you can both do it and will just have to be patient for the next chance to show it.

Vickijay

Visit site
I think you are so amazing to even be there.
As always I was in awe of all the riders and their horses when I went on Friday.
There will be another day and the lowest lows make the highs that much better (although it wont feel like that now!)
Well done and there will defo be more cheering next year! Good luck at next outing x

Hattikins

Visit site
bless you both! Glad your girlie's going to be ok. and you both came home safe and sound albeit not with the result we'd have all loved for you to have had. There will always be another day and massive congrats for getting the badders in the first place - thats no mean feat in itself
wink.gif
grin.gif

teapot

Visit site
Fingers crossed Connie's back to her old self ASAP - for what it's worth you've achieved many people's dream by just driving through the Badminton gates - you'll be back there!

I'll second the commentary and say that both Carl Hester and Tina Cook are very very complimentary about your riding!

Onwards and upwards and the main thing is that both of you are safe enough to fight another day

Gamebird

Visit site
Speaking as someone who spent most of the XC day at Blair last year in tears because her horse was totally wrong round the XC (but who didn't have the good sense to retire before being eliminated!) I can guess how you feel. Blair was probably as big for me as Badminton was for you and it took some recovering from (though 3 bottles of wine on the Saturday night with Steph Stark who had also been E'd helped a bit
blush.gif
).

Step back a bit, get Connie right and have another crack. Was having a gander at some records last night and there were plenty of horses there that had very inauspicious first runs round Badminton and have completed loads of times since then.

You're both tough birds and I'd love to see you at Bramham!
cool.gif

bex1984

Visit site
*hugs* We were watching you (and cheering you on) through shogun hollow and we were gutted for you when you had to pull up. You walked off the course and walked right past me and I just wanted to stop you and give you a hug!!

I got some pics of you...will PM them to you when I've uploaded them.

Alibear

Visit site
You'll be back I'm sure and you've jsut gained even more respect by spotting your horse wasn't right and pulling up.

Hey come on others had a ad day to, I'm mean at least you go into the start box
wink.gif

kick_On

Visit site
I saw it on telly and was so shocked for you
blush.gif
crazy.gif
blush.gif
and all i can say is I wish you and Connie get go next year
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Wishing Connie a nice rest and good luck for Bramham

And next year you'll be flying around
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Cyrus

Visit site
We where waiting for you at the lake, but lovely to know you have the respect for your horse and pulled up unlike some others we`ve heard of who have pushed on
You looked fantastic in both the trot up and dressage, Connie was getting lots of compliments from those around me so did the trousers
smile.gif

Baydale

Visit site
We were all so gutted for you, but at least there was a good reason for it and Connie on a normal day would have pinged round there, you know she would.
grin.gif
I know how you feel as I got two-thirds of the way round and William stopped at a simple fence to tell me something was wrong: turned out his immune system was shot to pieces after he'd had strangles so he could never take the work to get fit for that level, or even 3 star, again.
frown.gif
I'd thought how he felt when we set off was nerves, his or mine, but you know your own horse don't you?

Look forwards now and take the positives from it, we'll be rooting for you as much, if not more, at your next 4 star, once she's skipped round Bramham of course.
wink.gif
I can't wait to hear how dressage bootcamp goes down with Connie btw.
tongue.gif
Is Carl taking you under his wing?

welshchick

Visit site
We saw you walking back to the stables and were gutted for you. Chin up, just driving through the Badminton gates is a massive achievement!

I'm glad that Connie's ok.

humph

Visit site
Gutted for you and can imagine how heartbreaking it must have been.

The good thing is that next year, when you come back, the buzz of going clear will be all the greater - onwards and upwards.

Huge pat on the back for getting there in the first place - that's a spectacular achievement in itself. Likewise, you and your horse weren't defeated by the most testing 4* in the world, you just had bad luck. At least you'll stock up some good luck for next time.

ElleJS

Visit site
Thank you all so much, it means so much to read your comments as still feel a bit low.
Confirmed now that she did have azoturia albeit not badly but of course there would have been no way however hard the mare tried that we could have gone round. She felt so weird behind over the first few fences and I wish I had stopped her then but when she fell up the step I just knew that this was not my pingy jumping machine I usually ride
frown.gif

Her levels of creatine kinase (or something!) are high but not badly high and hoping it will be a one off although the most awful one off in the world!
Mum is blaming herself for not keeping a rug over her haunches while I went to watch a couple go and i'm blaming myself for doing to much trot work to soon, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. The main thing is she is going to be fine and won't need that much time out so Bramham is still a possibility. Infact she is positivly perky today and jumped out her field... minx.

I really should have a good stock of good luck building up now!!!!

trick123

Visit site
Our horse is prone to tying up, and these are some of the things that we do to combat it. He was at badders as well and we did wonder if he had a slight touch on thurs!
Anyway Baileys were very good with his feeding, we never let him graze over lush grass especially at events, keep him warm over his quarters, use magnetic rugs, equissage everthing we can think of!!!!! A lady came with the new type of rug that massages and has magnetic bits in over the week which I think helped a lot especially when he was very stiff sat night!. We are paranoid about it as you can imagine so hope your horse doesn't suffer from it again, good luck for the future.

LauraBR

Visit site
You both looked pure class when we watched you- very stylish indeed! I had my camera on continuous shoot from the moment you appeared until you went out of sight, I shall pm you the sequence as there are quite a few!
smile.gif

Fingers crossed that's the bad luck out the way, I shall be at Bramham so very much hope to see you there! Onwards and upwards x

L00bey

Visit site
Hey! Glad you know whats up with her now. Well done for even gettign that far its honestly stuff I (and Im sure many others) dream of!
Had to lol at "Have fun at Bramham" go and show em how its done
tongue.gif
Im competing there this year albeit only poxy working hunter
tongue.gif
grin.gif
actually saw you xcing last year at bramham. Wishing you loads of luck for the rest of the season, you deserve it.