Kate Greenhalgh neglect

teapot

Visit site
Absolutely disgusting outcome I can only hope her business is ruined. I expect she’ll change her name and carry on.

Her business page is still advertising horses for sale etc. IF website is up to date location wise, these poor horses were nowhere near the site of her yard, which begs the question whether anyone actually ever visited the farm they were on...

Those poor horses.

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
Those photos are horrendous.
I still don't understand why. Also, how did she expect to get away with that when it involved an owner as high profile as Gemma Tatarsell?. She must have know it would come out and she would be toxic in the industry.

Last edited:

meleeka

Visit site
Having been involved in something similar where a horse died and the owner showed no remorse, It’s easier than you might think to hide a horse away from prying eyes.

Did she have staff? If so she’ll just blame it on them, but I wonder why they didn’t act sooner?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Why didn’t the other liveries feed the horses? I know it wasn’t their responsibility but..

Because if you feed/water horses who are being neglected then the welfare authorities class the animals as being looked after and it isn't taken as seriously. Unfortunately sometimes to have people held to account you need to let it play out.. as awful as that is.

Her Youtube page is still being updated with sales videos, absolutely vile human being. She should have received a lengthy ban and jail time.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I am so sad and so angry. No justice for those poor, poor animals. I wonder if BE/BS can ban her. Is their a 'bringing the profession into disrepute' clause. Though I would hope that she is shunned by the entire equine community, all liveries leave and no-one lets her near a horse in a professional capacity ever again. Civil damages could be a route too I hope.

lucys_stick

Visit site
Why didn’t the other liveries feed the horses? I know it wasn’t their responsibility but..
Those of us that had the misfortune to be diy liveries at the yard where this vile women suddenly appeared to offer “grass livery “ to her clients feel bad enough.How could we realistically have fed upwards of 12 horses that didn’t belong to us?Time and again the lack of care was brought to the land owners attention but nothing was done hence the need to involve the welfare services.They acted very quickly once they were aware of the gravity of the situation.It takes a strong person/people to involve external agencies when you know you may be kicked off the yard as a consequence of your actions.These people know who they are,as do the owners of the horses who were saved.x

meleeka

Visit site
Those of us that had the misfortune to be diy liveries at the yard where this vile women suddenly appeared to offer “grass livery “ to her clients feel bad enough.How could we realistically have fed upwards of 12 horses that didn’t belong to us?Time and again the lack of care was brought to the land owners attention but nothing was done hence the need to involve the welfare services.They acted very quickly once they were aware of the gravity of the situation.It takes a strong person/people to involve external agencies when you know you may be kicked off the yard as a consequence of your actions.These people know who they are,as do the owners of the horses who were saved.x

Well done for getting help for the horses. How long did it take for the poor mare to get in that state I wonder? Did she even have an excuse? (not that it’s ever ok, but they usually have a sob story to tell).

Cookster

Visit site
yeah I know it was a complicated situation. sorry I meant no judgement.
Thankyou for your apology. I am a DIY livery at this yard. We all feel devastated and let down by the justice system. One of the ladies who was very proactive in getting help for these horses said to me this morning " it makes you wonder why you bother" when the justice system lets you down.. I am so pleased they did bother otherwise a very serious situation could have been even worse. My heart goes out to the owner of the horse that died and to the owners of the other horses that suffered such neglect at her hands.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I've just heard on the local grapevine that she's moving yard and coming not too far from me, it's a very 'horsey' area. The vets posts have been shared widely on all the local equestrian pages, but people tend to have short memories...... ??

Reactions: TPO

Ambers Echo

Visit site
One good thing about social media is that it does allow people to connect and communicate rapidly. This is all now in the public domain. She pleaded guilty and the vet reports, judges comments are there for anyone to see. So anywhere she pops up should be immediately be identified and then shared. I hate witch hunts and pile ons but in this case a ban was so obviously the right decision that informing anyone about her past is in the public interest. If the law won't protect our horses, at least local people can make sure people are aware of who she is and what she has done.

Ossy2

Visit site
Has Gemma or her team made any statements as yet? Thought they might have issued something.

Goldenstar

Visit site
The vets statement is defiantly a Jesus Mary and Joseph and the little donkey moment , this was no ignorant numpty in over her head .
She feel deserves to have her business permanently black listed by right thinking horsy people .
The sentence is inadequate IMO .
If I where one of the owners I would be pursuing her through the civil courts for my losses just because .
Ahhh I am so cross ,those pictures she is a disgrace .

Goldenstar

Visit site
God almighty what were the magistrates/District Judge thinking of not to ban her!?!?

I have been involved in cases where total in over their heads idiots who took advice from the wrong people got banned .
I am furious .

Cookster

Visit site
It is rumoured that Kate is moving her yard to surrey, Guildford area. Can anyone confirm this? Is so where is she going to be based.?

Goldenstar

Visit site
She may have played the needs to earn a living card .
In my view the fact she was a professional makes it worse makes a ban more justifiable .
She probably had a great brief who cost more than it would have cost to keep those poor horses in haylege all winter .